Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: How do you deal with the green-eyed monster while TTC?

zamoraspinzamoraspin member
edited April 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
ETA **General trigger warning that living children, pregnancy, miscarriage, stillbirth, infant loss, and issues related to IF and failed treatment for IF are likely to be discussed in this thread **

Shout out to @professormama for the idea for this thread. The topic is envy, but isn't necessarily limited to that concept -- sometimes being around those who have had an easier road achieving pregnancy and/or a take home baby is deeply painful for those who are/have struggled. Envy probably isn't always a fair or big enough word for that feeling. Please be respectful of others, as this is likely to be an emotional topic. Not trying to be exclusionary or play in the pain Olympics, but if you haven't been ttc for more than a few cycles or haven't experienced a loss, this might be a place to learn about what others are going through and ask questions as opposed to give answers.
Here are some questions to prompt us: 

What are some of your TTC roadblocks (diagnosis, ttc history, etc.)? 

How have you experienced envy in relation to ttc, and who do you find you are envious of? 

Have you found methods to cope with your envy of others?

How has your struggle with TTC changed your relationships with friends/family/your partner? 

Are there situations or events you dread or avoid? 

Re: GTKY: How do you deal with the green-eyed monster while TTC?

• Loading the player...
  • @dpjennifer oh my, the "just keep trying," and "it will happen," relentless positivity is so rough. It SOUNDS supportive, but instead it hurts. I'm sorry. 

@suzycupcake I think the being open about struggle thing is so tough, but important. I find it easy to be open with people I actually trust, but I've never had the guts to be truly open more broadly than my few close friends. I never posted about my MC on facebook, and all these years later I never have. I don't think I want to deal with the responses. There are so many people who say things that are intended to be kind but just hurt instead (like above).  
  • suzycupcake I imagine that telling yourself to Stop It and actually listening to yourself is a MUCH better coping method than just seething in anger and imagining punching people in the face. Now I envy your ability to have self control!  :wink:

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1