November 2018 Moms

PAIF check-in 4/14

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here.

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Though this thread starts on Saturdays, please feel free to post here at any time during the week, whether for good news or bad. Consider this an ongoing conversation. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: PAIF check-in 4/14

• Hi Everyone! Sorry I posted this late...it’s been a tired day lol.

How is everyone doing?

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

• Hi! Doing ok here. After hearing the Hb at 6w5d I’m now feeling paranoid again. My next appointment isn’t until 4/23 and it’ll be my first one with my regular OB now that I graduated from my RE.

Been having most of my nausea and sickness in the late afternoon and evenings and trying to nap most days as well. sore boobs, heartburn etc- so at least something is still happening in there?

Whats up with everyone else? 
  • Loading the player...
  • My first OB appt is 4/23 (just graduated from my RE)...so it’s a long wait. I think the anxiety is getting me a bit. I’m glad I have morning sickness and fatigue because it helps ease my worry but it’s like I’m constantly afraid something will go wrong. My guess is that feeling will never go away.

• @linz36 we are appointment twins!

I too feel like I will always have something to worry about. TW*My latest worry is that my baby will stop growing and I won’t see the hb this time, or I’ll measure way behind or something or that they’ll tell me to come back because it doesn’t  look good. End TW*

To be honest I’m really just anxious to get out of the first tri so it isn’t a secret anymore. Time is dragging!!!
  • linz36linz36 member
    edited April 2018
    @eabrahamson we have the same worry. 3rd trimester can’t get here soon enough lol 

• Feeling good! Excited to be on this side of the infertiltiy train finally! I’m so relieved this ivf cycle worked. And on a positive note I did my last pio injection today!!! I’m so excited to be done with those. I still get nervous about getting bad news about the baby every time I have an appt. I’m hoping those fears get a a little better once I’m done with 1st tri. I’ll be 10 weeks tomorrow so I’m getting there!! OB check up on Thursday.

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited April 2018
    Hanging in there.  Feeling pretty bad physically, but I'm not doing too bad emotionally, other than being very stressed about the idea that something could go wrong for me like it has for some of the other ladies here lately.  

My first OB appointment since being released from my RE isn't for another 12 days and I'm very scared I'm going to go in and find out that I've had a MMC in the meantime (no reason to think that, other than my anxiety getting the best of me).

Right now I'm hanging onto my symptoms and hoping for the best.  I've already made it a week since the last time I saw the baby, so I just keep telling myself I'm a third of the way to seeing him/her again and knowing that everything is okay.

I've got one more week of my progesterone and estrogen meds and then I'm off cold turkey, which is a little scary in itself, but I've been through this before and everything was fine then, so I'm trying to think positive.  I'm just afraid that I'm going to get withdrawal spotting, which will scare me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• I’m so glad we are all here! And it’s kind of reassuring that we all have the same worries (I was starting to think there was something wrong with me lol).

• @MojieJo I’m hanging on to my symptoms too. Every time I vomit or dry heave I breath a sigh of relief that I’m still having morning sickness. It’s such a strange reaction to have.

• +1 to the list of PAIF ladies who have the same worries! :) I'm so glad I'm not alone.

We had our second scan with the RE this past Thursday and I was petrified I wouldn't see that heartbeat again. Appointment was really great though, little one showed appropriate growth and the heartbeat increased from 120 to 134 bpm, which was such a relief. My husband even managed to get a recording of it on his phone so I can look at it any time I want <3 

I've got my next scan at my RE's office on Thursday at 8w2d and hope to be discharged! I have also scheduled an appointment with my OBGYN on 4/23 because they said they wanted to see me around 9 weeks regardless of whether or not I'd been discharged from my RE. Joining you, @linz36 and @eabrahamson
  • Wow did I just miss this thread before? So glad to see this group with my same worries. I am also waiting for our first OB appointment on 4/24. Every day that goes by without a scan is torment. But I am still feeling constantly nauseated which is strange to feel happy about. :)
  • @sageandlavender...this is only the third time we've had this thread, I forgot to post it last week lol. Welcome!

• Hi all! I don’t have any appointments this week- just waiting for my next appointment on 4/23- nervous about not seeing anything even though there’s no reason to think so. My symptoms have me pretty miserable but I’m thankful that they are there. 
  • Definitely glad to be on this side. It seem surreal!
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Hello ladies! I missed last week, so I am glad this popped up again. Count me in for the nervousness. Everything looked great at the last two scans but I am scared for tomorrow. It doesn't help that a lot of my symptoms have eased up and I feel pretty normal right now. I am only 8 weeks so I know this is early and I hope it is just my body adjusting. The only thing that reminds me I still am are huge bods (that don't really hurt that much anymore), tired and emotional. Ugh, tomorrow can"t come quick enough!
  • @bfpafter4years I'm right there with you.  The only symptoms I have are my huge (and every now and then sore) boobs and fatigue.  I guess I should be thankful I don't have horrid morning sickness, but this is such a critical time and my nerves are constantly on edge!  Prayers for an awesome appt tomorrow.
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks @Amber1174, unfortunately the nerves only increased throughout the day! I feel like tomorrow I will jump 10 feet if someone calls my name! I am trying to stay calm and just remind myself, there is no reason to think this appointment won't go well too!
  • @bfpafter4years how are you feeling today?  
    Is anyone else having issues getting POI?  I was on a 200mg capsule and 1.5ml injections.  The drug is back ordered in my area until May.  My RE adjusted my protocol, but this makes me uneasy.  So glad my tush is getting a break, but I don't like the change.
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Hi everyone! Bought a doppler and tried to use it yesterday, but couldnt find the hb quite yet. Im 8w2d, so baby is still small. A little less bloated today and feeling paranoid. I’m sure im just nervous about my Monday appointment. The last appointment went so well, but this will be my first one with my OB- hoping everything still looks great.