Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Mon 4/16

catlady2015catlady2015 member
edited April 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: If money were no object, what type of house would be your dream house (Tudor, colonial, ranch, Victorian, etc.)? 
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: TWW Mon 4/16

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD/DPO: 17/3

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: starting 4/23 (10dpo). want to start Monday b/c DH will be home when I test. 

R/R: darn crazy temps - my temp saturday was still pretty low, but i've always ovulated the day after my first positive OPK, so I'm going with it for my O date. big weather shift friday night too, so that may have played into things. hard to tell. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: If money were no object, what type of house would be your dream house (Tudor, colonial, ranch, Victorian, etc.)? I'm a sucker for the classic Victorians with all the gingerbreading, plus all the cute/cool nooks and turrets. that would be my ideal. Picture in spoiler. 

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 12 / 10

CD/DPO: 40 / I must have ovulated later than I thought based on OPK, so who knows (thought it's 19 but that's clearly wrong)

Timing: I thought it was -3, -1, 0, but now I have no idea :-( :-( :-(

Typical LP length: 14? Haven't done OPK many times

Testing: Too many times.  Most recently, FRER yesterday was BFN but still no AF

R/R: Rant: This is my longest cycle so far, and I'm ready for AF so I can start over.  I clearly didn't ovulate when I thought I did, so now there's no chance of BFP since after O, DH and I didn't BD for at least 10 days due to holidays and work stress.  Every BFN makes me so, so sad.  Rave: Thanks to you ladies for helping me know I'm not alone in getting so hopeful despite trying not to, and then feeling that crash after testing.

CS/Q: So should I have continued with the OPK even after getting positives?  I know I should temp like you ladies, but my chart looked so weird the one time I did it.

GTKY: If money were no object, what type of house would be your dream house (Tudor, colonial, ranch, Victorian, etc.)?   This isn't something I've thought about a lot, but probably ranch because that would mean I had a lot of land!  I live in a condo in a city, so we have no yard.  That said, @catlady2015 the picture you put in your spoiler is gorgeous and has so much charm, so I'll have to think about that more :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD/DPO: 39/9

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Typical LP length: Last cycle was 7, today I am at 9 so that's good

Testing: I was going to do 10 DPO, but I'm scared to so probably won't

R/R: RANT: I wish it was warm up and stay that way.. and not get too hot too soon. I want spring, not winter or summer.

CS/Q: It got warm Thursday-Saturday so my temps went up a little and I thought they were just going up because, but now I think it was because our room was warmer. Bummer.

GTKY: If money were no object, what type of house would be your dream house (Tudor, colonial, ranch, Victorian, etc.)?  I'm not sure. Probably a rancher, but with wood floors, a huge kitchen, tile floors in the bathroom with a big whirlpool tub. 3-4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. Nice walk in closet in the master bedroom, with a separate closet for both.

@catlady2015 I love Victorian houses. They are so pretty!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD/DPO: 19/7

Timing: -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 12-14

Testing: I’m going to try to hold out until Friday (11 dpo)

R/R: We spent all day Saturday building these chicken coops! We are so excited to get fresh eggs. Pic of coop in spoiler.

CS/Q: Not temping this month.

GTKY: If money were no object, what type of house would be your dream house (Tudor, colonial, ranch, Victorian, etc.)? I would love to have a farmhouse with acres of land. Basically the same house that Chuck and Joanna own. Something like this with a big front porch.

@catlady2015 I love that house you posted! So beautiful! The first house I rented was a duplex that looked a lot like this.
    @AdorkablePixie I agree about Spring. I wish Spring and Fall would last as long as Winter and Summer. They are way too short.

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_ - that coop is adorable! You guys made that? it's so cool! and I like your farmhouse idea (provided it has closet space - lots of the older farmhouses don't and I just can't live like that. :lol:

@emerald99 - it's possible to get multiple surges in one cycle. :( Temping can be a bit of a pain, but it's the best way (and only way we personally) can know for sure we ovulated. If I wasn't temping, i probably would have stopped after the first peak, too. Your CM can also tell you a lot, but it isn't a confirming factor. I'm not sure you're tracking that either. When the fertile quality CM dries up, you're outside your window. But you can also get fertile CM later in your cycle, so it's basically a big crapshoot. When you were temping, did you take it at the same time every day? Why did your chart look weird? 

@AdorkablePixie - yay for a longer LP! sucks all these little things can play into our temps. DH is all about the ranch style as well, so can definitely see the appeal. we need land (no neighbors peeking in our windows)!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 12 / 8

CD/DPO: CD 31/6 DPO I have crazy cycles that are long.

Timing: -4,-1,0,+1, +3

Typical LP length: Not sure

Testing: Not until 10DPO.

R/R: Rant: I O'ed so late this cycle that I had almost given up. I wish we would have BD more before hand, but only time will tell. 

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: If money were no object, what type of house would be your dream house (Tudor, colonial, ranch, Victorian, etc.)?  Probably a ranch!? That is what I grew up in so I am fond of houses that feel like "home."
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options

@eleven_ I love those chicken coops! I agree, fall and sping only seem to be around for two weeks here before it either gets way too hot or way too cold.

@catlady2015 I know! I don't blame the people who don't temp in the TWW, but since I don't even know what my LP might be, I want to so I know when to expect AF. Also, I hate not knowing, so I need to temp. lol I have to feel like I have some control, even though I don't!

@mmccorm2014 I am right there with you, I Od on CD 30.

• Options
    @catlady2015 I threw away the charts I did from a year ago, and it's probably worth trying again.  I think my temps were thrown off because sometimes when I wake up, DH is cuddling me, and I think that raises my temperature.  Temping also seemed to cause too much performance anxiety for both DH and me, and it was early days so I had no idea we'd still be TTC 12 months later.  I think I could handle temping better now, and I just wouldn't tell DH any information and hope that helps. I sort of pay attention to CM but I don't chart it, although if I notice it, I started putting it into Clue.  Like you said, it can turn fertile-looking again later in the cycle, so tough to tell from that??
  • Options
    @eleven_  I am so jealous of your chicken coops! Eggs are my favorite food. I eat at least 2-3 almost every day, so I would love to be able to have chickens.  My condo doesn’t exactly support that though. 

@emerald99 Sorry about your fake out O date; that really sucks. I can understand why you took a break after you thought FW was past; the pressure to do it no matter what makes it harder to get excited about sex.  :(

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 25/11

Timing: -2, -1, O, +1

Typical LP length: ?

Testing: Not again unless AF doesn’t show by the weekend. 

R/R: Rant: I have a bad case of the Mondays again. They recently cancelled our weekend overtime slots so it’s super busy when I come in Monday morning now. Rave: My work BFF is back from a two week vacation. I was out for the two weeks prior to that so we haven’t been able to chat much in almost a month. I can’t wait to have a coffee date this week. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: If money were no object, what type of house would be your dream house (Tudor, colonial, ranch, Victorian, etc.)?

If I had a truly unlimited budget, I would probably own a mid century home perched next to the ocean or in the mountains. I would love to have a wall of glass that looks out at the waves/forest and no neighbors close enough to see me walking around in my undies. Wood, glass, and metal is my esthetic. 
  • Options
    catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited April 2018
    @emerald99 - yeah, I get it. DH is a cuddler too. Some days I'm just too hot and have to leave.
    Since it's been about a year and you're still trying, i'd really suggest trying to temp again and track your CM for a month, see if you're actually hitting your FW. It's pretty easy to get faked out like you did this month and could be a reason you've been unsuccessful. If you move ahead to testing, your OB will definitely be asking if you're charting and if you've been timing intercourse well.

As far as YH, sometimes you just need to hide some things (like when it's fertile time) and just make the move, hoping for the best. It can help manage their performance anxiety. But that way you know you're timing things well, and he can get spared some of the stress. (not that we can, but we have the time to plan/coordinate, he's up for a few minutes and it all rests on him, gets to be a bit much). Blissful oblivion really helps!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    littleredmlittleredm member
    edited April 2018
    Month/Cycle:  2/2

CD/DPO: 16/ 6 DPO

Timing: -4,-2, 0

Typical LP length: 14-16? (still figuring this out)

Testing: None yet, waiting another 6-7 days.

R/R:
    Rave: My dogs are super cuddly today which is cheering me up a bit. 

Rant: After a beautiful and warm past week, today it was freezing outside!!! I need winter to go for good. No more cold weather!!! 

CS/Q: My chart is kind of a mess. It's my first month temping. 

GTKY: If money were no object, what type of house would be your dream house (Tudor, colonial, ranch, Victorian, etc.)?  A mountain cottage would be amazing, or a farmhouse with lots of land.  :) 

@eleven_ Chip and Joanna are goals for sure! Also, that chicken coop is amazing! So cool that you guys built that!
  • Options

@catlady2015 +1 for turrets! Anything castle like is fine by me! Oh and what is with the weather playing havoc with temps??? Spring, oh no wait back to winter, Spring, oops and winter again! @adorkablepixie +1 to having a proper spring!

@emerald99 I would love a ranch but DH would not want to be too rural. 

@eleven_ oh those coups are gorgeous! Like little Dutch houses!

@tjthegoat ohhh yes to being able to walk around without being overlooked!

Month/Cycle: 37/35

CD/DPO: 22/8

Timing: -1 O

Typical LP length: 14 though I have a feeling this might be shorter

Testing: I think AF will be here before the weekend, so then not likely...

R/R: Another crazy day at work. Started off with a 7am blood draw with my PCP for everything except the things  we will have on CD3 for baseline and my regular autoimmune panel which I had the draw for last week. Yep I get my blood drawn at least once a week. My alternate theory is that I live in the vampire capital of the world and they are all finding excuses for me to go for blood draws so they can eat. I dreamt about it last night. I’ve come to expect crazy dreams when on progesterone! 
    In other news although work was crazy I tried a new tactic. I typically have tried to do the big tasks first in the week, and sometimes get to Friday before I can even say I’ve completed one. But I decided to shake things up and started the day with five small tasks which meant I had a nice little list in my “completed” section of my white board before lunch. Then this afternoon a task which I thought would take 1.5 days I got done in around 4 hours. Now it could be a fluke, or it might just be that the completer finisher in me is truly motivated by seeing other completed tasks.
    Also the cake that DH bake yesterday went down a storm - he really is multi talented!

CS/Q: So FF was a bit uncertain whether I Od on CD12 or 14. Temps say 12, all other fertile signs (OPKs, CBAD, CM). I did have some very stressful days CD7-11 which might explain the temp shift then. But on the whole really not sure when AF should come.

GTKY: I like something traditional and stone built. Enough land to have a few horses at home, grooms accommodation and plenty of period features in the main house. House in the spoiler would be a good starting point ;-)

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options

@TJtheGoat That would be amazing to have an entire wall made of glass/windows! That reminds me of the house on Twilight that the Cullens lived in. I know.. don't judge. lol

@littleredm Your chart doesn't look that bad though I am wondering if you didn't O two days later.

@emmasemm Why do you think AF may come sooner? Because you think you Od sooner or do you just feel she's on her way? Do you have your blood drawn every week for the autoimmune panel? That's lots of blood work!!

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie Our timing is similar too! Fx for both of us!

Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options
    emerald99emerald99 member
    edited April 2018
    catlady2015 
    TJtheGoat
     and others, thank you for the encouraging and supportive words!  It helps to know that I'm not alone.  I'm a n00b on The Bump and I read the intro post that says to assume I'm the rule and not the exception, but it's still so nice to get validation from others going through the same stuff.  <3<3<3
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie yeah FF just changed my CH for ovulation 2 days later so you could be right. If O did happen on the 12th then my timing is definitely not as ideal. Thanks for looking it over. :)
  • Options
    First time posting her this go round!

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 17/1

Timing: -1, 0, 1

Typical LP length: ?

Testing: I will test on 4/28 because I'm in a wedding that day and want to see if I could turn a test yet (I'd be 11/12 DPO). If it's negative I will wait until after my missed period which would be 5/1

R/R: Rant: I feel like this is never going to happen this time and I catch myself feeling sad/resentment/anger towards others who have been able to conceive. I know I'm still within a very normal time period and I keep reminding myself that. Rave: This was the first month I actually got positives on two OPKs so that is good and correlated with my temping.

GTKY: If money were no object, what type of house would be your dream house (Tudor, colonial, ranch, Victorian, etc.)? A huge farmhouse with big windows and a big front porch!

DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Anddd I just realized I should have commented on one of the more recent TWW threads...my apologies. I’ve been away from the boards too long!
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

@mmccorm2014 That's so cool, I didn't even notice!

Sorry I haven't been responding to posts, I have been so sick this week with strep throat. I'm now on antibiotics but still feeling super weak. :(