Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS weekend & w/o 4/16

*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What kind of parent are you?

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: TFAS weekend & w/o 4/16

• What number are you trying for? 2nd

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months old

Any thoughts about this cycle? Trying to feel confident. *TW Loss* After my CP in Feb, March was a weird cycle and back to normal. I am both scared of a CP happening again, but also feeling happy that at least I WAS pregnant for a little bit, and that it can happen again. *End TW*

Any questions? Anyone have spaced out (like 2-4 year age difference) kids? I really wanted my son and his sibling to be closer in age so that they can be more developmentally closer. But now I am worried about the difference in age causing a lot more jealously and issues when we DO have a new baby.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS getting into the true toddler hood has been more excited than I thought. I was totally nervous about this stage when he was an infant, but it's so fun! He is so smart and points out colors of everything, he looves accessories, and always wears a hat, a bead necklace, and uses the rings on the ring infant toy as bracelets. It cracks me up!! He goes between being super independent to asking for me to hold him all the time. He is teething right now (his canines), and it's taking forever to cut those! He is chewing on his hands and slobbering everywhere. He is learning to pick up toys before his nap and bedtime. He loves to "help" me clean. And he is currently a huge fan of Blippi on youtube. lol

GTKY: What kind of parent are you? I don't really like to identify with a type of parenting. I honestly am not a fan of those labeling. I just do my research and do what I feel comfortable as a parent to keep my son happy and healthy. I really just live day by day and do my thing. I guess in a way I can be considered an attachment parenting style (at least when he was an infant, no so much now that he is a toddler). (bed-shared for his first 11 months, baby carrying, would pick him up anytime he cried). We DO vaccinate however, and I let my son get his germs by having contact with anything. (paci drops on the floor? wipe it and give it back. He can play in the dirt and mud and yes, some gets eaten). To this day he has NEVER been sick, which is awesome. I don't have the patience to go "all-natural", so it's all the regular cleaning supplies and foods in our home. And although I make sure he gets all his fruits and veggies, we still do the boxed mac and cheese and hotdogs. Most meals are homemade though.

Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• What number are you trying for?  2

Cycle/Month? 1/1 first cycle since iud removal

WTO/TWW? I think I'm in the. I have dotted crosshairs. With O date of last Saturday but tomorrow high temp will give me a solid crosshairs with O date last Thursday

Ages of other child(ren)? 23m

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm surprised how quickly I got my cycle back after iud removal. When I had nuvaring removed it took 3 months to get my cycle back. So I'm glad it didn't do that again!

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: We went to a Shark Tooth Festival this morning. It was fun but DD was not having it at all so we had to leave early. 

GTKY: What kind of parent are you? I guess I'm kinda crunchy. Co- sleeping until 6m, baby wearing, extended BF, cloth diapers. 

• Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 7 and 4 year old boys

Any thoughts about this cycle? It just started so I can't predict much.  However, if we get pregnant this cycle, baby's EDD will be 4 days before DS2.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Also, I made the mistake of seeing on Countdown to Pregnancy the statistical difference in likelihood we will get pregnant each cycle compared to when I got pregnant with the boys.  They aren't kidding when they say your fertility decreases in your 30s eh?

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:  I'm watching my two nieces (age 3 and 6 mos) today.  4 kids, 3 dogs and I'm still alive.  I feel like adding a third will be no biggie, right?  :D

GTKY: What kind of parent are you?  I don't really subscribe to any particular parenting style.  I work (a lot) and DH stays at home, so I just try to make the most of the time I have.  I've recently been on a minimalism kick- I feel like we were trying to cram too many activities into each day/evening/weekend, so we've been trying to say no to other people and things and just enjoy the moment.  I've realized as the boys get older that the crazy detail-oriented things I cared about when they were younger don't really matter at all.  

• What number are you trying for? 2nd of my own (having neice makes 3)

Cycle/Month? 6/9

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DS is 2.5 Neice is 9.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Its early, only CD9. SMEPstarted yesterday. And for some strange reason resulted in bleeding even though I've had nothing from AF for 2 days. I've never bled after sex but, hey, guess it's a while new ball game now.

Any questions? Anyone here with children diagnosed with ADD/ADHD? Neice is going to be. We've known for years but she's been doing good. This year is not going well let all and the school is evaluating her.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant- Neice was supposed to go to go mom's at 11am for school vacation this week. She messaged us that she would need to pick her up early or not until afyer 5 because she had a dress fitting. After being annoyed because she's known about this since Jan, we told her we were not rushing our morning errands so she'd have to get her after. Brag - I'm going to attempt to make DS a weighted blanket next weekend. Got all the materials, just waiting on my mom to be able to help. He's getting into our bed every night still and I would like to break the habit before there's no room in the bed for him (ie being largely pregnant)

GTKY: What kind of parent are you? I'm strict. Probably too much so but can't help it. Niece needed (and still does need) a firm parent and since I was primary caregiver, it ended up being me. Now it's just kind of how it is. I don't think I'd be this way if is had my own first. But oh well.

@whitmore1027 neice and DS are a good ways apart (7yrs). I think if not for her control issues, it wouldn't be bad at all.

@holly321 I cone from a family with kids that have eating issues. I know how big a win that is and it's absolutely awesome!!!

• Question: Since there are already WTO and TWW threads, can we just make the TFAS thread a randoms thread or a GTKY thread with a different question every day/week? I still want to post in the other threads to keep up with everyone else and posting it all twice is a bit repetitive. Maybe that's just me.

@Whitmore1027 I, to, wanted my kids close in age but I guess that just wasn't in the books for us. I wanted them about 18 months apart but since DS is going to be two next month it's obvious that's not happening!!

@gorgeousariel I have no idea what crunchy means but I am seeing that everywhere these days! Did I know you CD too?? I can't remember. Has babywearing got more difficult for you since DD has gotten bigger? I find that my shoulders start to get sore after like 10 minutes. Maybe I just need to adjust the carrier?

@quidditchcapn1120 I've been using that site to look at the pregnancy test statistics by DPO. LOL! Sad I know, but it's kept me from testing so that's good.

@holly321 I am sorry about the sleep issues.

@prpl11butterfly I have heard great things about weighted blankets!!

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 4/2

WTO/TWW? TWW, 9 DPO

Ages of other child(ren)? DS - 22 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I don't really have high hopes, but at least my LP is two days longer than last cycle! to far!

Any questions? When you transferred your littles to a toddler bed, how did it go? DS learned how to climb out of his crib yesterday so we are changing his crib to the toddler bed today and I am afraid sleep is going to go down the drain now.

Rant/Rave/Brag: RANT: This rain and cold weather can suck it. Its spring! It's supposed to be warmer. Also, I have a headache. Again. RAVE: We took DS to the playground at a school near my mom's this weekend and he loved it. I helped him climb this rock wall, it was adorable. Unfortunately I think that's what helped him finally break free from his crib.

GTKY: What kind of parent are you? I don't really think I have a type. I certainly don't classify myself. I do babywear, cloth diaper, and still breastfeed, though. We do not and never did co-sleep, he's been sleeping in his crib in his own room since he was 6 weeks old! I try to feed him healthy foods and avoid sweets/sugars, but I also can't have a cookie infront of him and not give him a bite.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @AdorkablePixie I agree, it's tough to post everything twice and then keep track of who is saying what where regarding my charts etc. 
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Honestly, it has been driving me crazy posting all my stats in multiple threads. I don't even like doing it daily in the dailies (and often do not). I am perfectly okay with this becoming more of a random thread then a status update  
  • Okay great!! So let's just use these threads to get to know each other better and provide support. :) We can still post charts and questions and what not if need  be!

How old was everyone's first (or second, or third, etc) before they decided to TTC another?

• DD is almost 2. I wanted to start earlier, but DH delayed it a little bit.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • DD is 2 next month. I was ready last fall but had some health issues that I wanted to treat before ttc again. That curbed the baby fever but when the treatments were over in December I was ready again. But didn't take out my IUD until the end of March. 
  • We knew pretty soon after DS that we wanted to try when he turned 2. I wanted aboyt a 3yr gap. So I had my implant removed a few months before and started trying last Aug.
  • DS is almost 4.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • edited April 2018
    Between DS1 and DS2 I was ready when DS1 turned 1.  However, I was in dental school and about to start residency so we waited until DS1 was about 2.5 to start trying, to time DS2 for late second year of residency.  Right now, DS2 is 4.  DS1 was (and still is) such an easy kid, which is why we were ready so early on.  DS2 is a different beast- much more needy.  There would have been no way I would have been ready for 3rd when he was 1 or 2.
  • For me, I wasn't sure I wanted another at all until I stopped breastfeeding when DS turned 14 months. Then, I light switch flipped. My hormones all came back to normal, and I was just SO sure I wanted another one! I am still amazed how my thoughts did a complete 180 once breastfeeding stopped. I had then decided I would like my babies close in age, but that's not panning out as well as hoped. Haha!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• I'm fairly new again to TB but am excited to jump in. Just a quick blurb, my daughter is 18 months old and we are on cycle 8 of TTC this go round and I am currently in the TWW.

DH and I always knew we wanted our children to be close in age. After DD was born we stopped using condoms when she was about 4 months old. It was pretty unlikely we'd get pregnant anyways because my period had not come back because I was BF and it didn't return until DD was 10 months old which marked out first official month of TTC. 
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi ladies! Sorry I've been so scarce. I've been super sick with a fever and somehow I got strep throat! I haven't had strep since I was 12. I still don't feel quite right.

DH and I knew before we even got pregnant with DS that we wanted two. We never went back on BC because it took so long to get pregnant with DS, we figured it would be a blessing if we got pregnant on our own. We actually preferred our children be 18 months apart, but that didn't happen.