September 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms | week of April 16th

Re: Randoms | week of April 16th

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @EErin86 I want too but the Six month pregnant thing makes me nervous. And DH would be off working for 3-4 days... like unreachable working . But it’s hawaii and will be amazing. I haven’t been in years. I’d need to convince grand parents to watch DD. 
  • Options
    DH is going to Hawaii for business in June and trying to convince me to go. So much pro/conning! I don’t know what the answer is. I really want to go, but the what if’s scare me. 
    That's still early enough that I would probably go, depending on what kind of flights you're able to get. Coming from the East Coast I would want to fly to LAX or somewhere then head to Hawaii just to break it up with a chance to walk around between flights.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    @Lcardinal04 well I'd say that's still the tail end of second trimester, maybe ask your doctor if she has any concerns about the travel? Lol free time in Hawaii while DH is working sounds amazing, you could slowly wander shops or just chill on the beach or do touristy things. If anything he will just be super jealous of you. Good luck with the decision :)
  • Options
    Hey, this is random (I’m in the right thread!) but this morning, I showed DH a pic that a friend had posted of her 3D US and he said “I’d like to have one of those.” Personally I’ve always found them a little creepy, no offense! But I don’t have a problem if he really wants it. Question is, I know it’s not necessary and doctors don’t do it, but is there any negative to going to one of those places and getting it? Is it potentially harmful?
  • Options
    @ashh2018 did you have your anatomy scan yet? Depending on their equipment they might be able to get a picture then. I think with my first pregnancy the technician switched to 3d view just to show us. I think it's work asking/waiting until after the anatomy scan.
  • Options
    @ashh2018 Our tech did a couple of 3D shots just for fun at our anatomy scan. I would assume it’s safe if she did it just to see who LO looked like. 
  • Options
    @EErin86 I had my scan last week! We have video that DH took but baby moved nonstop so we don’t have any of the classic “that’s clearly a baby” profile photos. He also wouldn’t show his face - doctor finally caught a glimpse enough to check his lip but that was it. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 my US tech at my office switches back and forth between regular and 3D and makes it a point to try and print some of each. At this point there probably isn’t much harm since you’re not trying to find out anything specifically. But, I don’t know how much I trust boutique places and their equipment, but that’s just me!
  • Options
    @ashh2018 - With DS our u/s tech asked if we'd like to see some 3D shots during our anatomy scan and turned it on for us so we could see him in 3D. Same techs, same equipment so I imagine we'll get the same option this time. But that doesn't really help since you already had your a/s.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    @Lcardinal04 go to Hawaii! I’d check with your OB first but mine is ok with me flying until 36 weeks (I gave my husband a 32 week cutoff though). We’re going in a few weeks and I can’t wait! I am most looking forward to all the pool time and a massage since I know that’s what will help my pregnancy aches and pains.

@ashh2018 I’d do my research just to make sure it is a reputable place but I know tons of people who get 3D ultrasounds. I personally find them a little creepy too but if my DH wanted one I’d be ok with it.
  • Options
    @Lcardinal04 Oh heck yeah, I'd be going, as long as the pregnancy was going well. I plan to fly around 30 weeks for 2.5 hours for a vacation. 

@ashh2018 3D U/S are pretty standard now. I had one for each of my past pregnancies. I think they are a little creepy tho. 
  • Options
    @Lcardinal04 I say go for it! 

Random: my sister is coming to town this weekend with her two kids. Her visit was initially to come Friday evening and leave Sunday afternoon has now turned into, "we will be there Saturday night around 6:30,my husband can't come due to spring football practice (he is a college coach), and we are leaving Sunday around 11:00 AM".  My sister was primarily coming to run a marathon, but then wanted to make a weekend out of it has now turned into, can you pick up my packet on Saturday for me, can you clean your house, and can you watch my kids?  It is fine and I am glad to see my niece and nephew, but so typical from my sister.  
  • Options
    Well this woman is making all the rest of us look bad by default.  No sweat. She’s got this. How is she that together and sane?!?

*possible tw, very fertile woman* link in spoiler

• Options
    @spottedginger I'm going to be super judgey and say that's a nuts to have that many kids. Yes, it seems like all their needs are met and they're responsible and yada yada but even with homeschooling she can't give them enough individualized attention. Even my parents who had four kids, I often felt like I was pushed to the wayside because a younger sibling needed more than I did. Just saying, I'd like to see an article from the older kids' perspectives on a family that large. Also, I HATED being homeschooled once I hit middle school age and can't imagine how much more I would hate it if I was "forced" (the view of a preteen) to stay home, watch the younger kids, cook meals, and help with other chores. My entire life would revolve around that house and it wouldn't be my choice at all. But maybe I'm just projecting. 
  • Options
    Oh those poor kids :confounded: I had to watch my younger sisters nearly every evening and weekend for the majority of high school while my mom went to nursing school.

I hated it so fucking much.
  • Options
    @spottedginger - IMO I don't really think making your 13 and 11 year olds cook every meal for an 18 person family because she decided to have that many children makes her supermom.
    This. I grew up in an area where most families had 6 or more kids. Once you get to a point where you are incapable of taking care of that many and make your older kids do all the babysitting and diaper changes and feeding toddlers...you are a bad parent to your older kids. I was friends with a girl who was the second eldest of 12. She couldn't do high school extracurriculars or sports or go to friends' houses because she had to do diaper changes and make baby food. It's unfair. 

• Options
    @klj0228 Killin' it! Nice work lady!

• Options
    @stothi and @MandyMost I love both of your ideals/plans here. I'm definitely hoping for balance. I had a single mom and a much younger sister, I had to do a lot of work-which isn't to say that my mom didn't. But I definitely want some responsibilities and some allowed to be a kid. Great thoughts.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker