Infertility
Options

Lupron

Hi all.  I spoke with my fertility med pharmacy this morning (Village Fertility Pharm) to order my meds (!!) and apparently there is a shortage on lupron and some pharmacies are already out.  Just a heads up if you need it soon!
Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

Re: Lupron

• Options
    Huh??? There must be an explosion of ppl doing ivf. How are they low on Lupron? Is it the leuprolide acetate or compounded Lupron?
  • Options
    @dragonette505 I was told leuprolide — I’m new to this so I’m not sure if they can just give me something else or what, I’m waiting for my doctor to tell me whether I order or not... I was supposed to keep it on hold if I need it for OHSS but they basically said I probably won’t get it if I wait til then.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cmarieb35  a compounding pharmacy can make you a batch (ive had this before), but you'd have to have a local compounding pharmacy. The leuprolide is more shelf stable I think and seems to last a bit longer unopened. I just ordered some Lupron (leuprolide) a couple weeks ago and they even accidentally sent me an extra. Hopefully you can get enough for now.
  • Options
    Just seeing this - I ran into this problem in January with some specialty pharmacies being out of it. Freedom had some but my insurance didn't cover so I ended up using CVS specialty pharmacy and they compounded and were able to overnight it FedEx to me. I wish you the best! Mine was stressful as it took a couple of weeks of searching and it arrived in the nick of time the night before I had to start injecting.
  • Options
    mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks @dragonette505 and @Momifbysea!  My doctor basically left it to me if I wanted to get it now to have it on hand in case I need it or wait and potentially have to get it somewhere else.  She did say other pharmacies are not out.  It was only an extra $30 so I just went ahead and ordered it now so I don’t potentially have an issue should I need it in a few weeks.  It should get here today!

*edited typos!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• Options
    I  think that's smart... honestly, who needs that stress! Now you don't have to worry
  • Options
    Exactly - I don’t need anything else to worry about!  Especially if I need it since it’ll be related to OHSS.

Started TTC #2 2/16