September 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms w/o 4/16

2»

Re: Symptoms w/o 4/16

• Options
    When my face feels dry I use coconut oil as a moisturizer at night and it seems to help. I typically just use coconut oil for my lotion needs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @klj0228 Hooray for poop!! And +1 to oatmeal in the mornings (I’ve been adding flax, too) - it has definitely helped me as well! 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Options
    I haven’t actually peed when vomiting, but this week I definitely passed a bunch of gas while I was! 
  • Options
    @miriamjacoba count yourself among the lucky then at this point! I pass gas all the time, so doing it while vomiting would be no big deal. 
  • Options
    I've had a constant headache for going on three whole days now. I had headaches with DD but none lasting this long and it is miserable. I have an appt with my GP tomorrow to see if things are ok. 
  • Options
    I've had a constant headache for going on three whole days now. I had headaches with DD but none lasting this long and it is miserable. I have an appt with my GP tomorrow to see if things are ok. 
    Getting checked is good. Hopefully all is ok other than the stupid miserable headache. My midwife suggested B2 supplements for headache. Maybe that's something to ask your doc about?
    I hope they have a good suggestion to get rid of the headache.
  • Options
    @knitknitread boo to insomnia.

My hips hurt, I'm thinking because of relaxin and maybe widening (oh please no). Also, I'm getting random IT band pain at night sleeping on my sides if I'm immobile too long. It wakes me up it's so painful!
  • Options
    @nlc8424 sorry your hips are hurting.

my tailbone hurts like crazy!!
  • Options
    @nlc8424 I totally feel ya on the hip/IT band pain. I am still running/stretching but If I lay on my side too long look out! the pain is so bad it wakes me up. I've been switching from side to side all night long. When the pain wakes me up, I rotate, LOL. I am seriously looking into a prenatal massage.. never had one but I need some relief!
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• Options
    @sclarke7 yes to the prenatal massage! So my H actually got me a giftcard to a spa last year for mothers day but the place ended up closing and is for sale before I could use it and I'm super bummed. No other spa in the area will honor it and supposedly the gift certificates will be honored by the new buyer, whenever that happens (it's been 6 months so far on the market). 

Also, anyone else having to say goodbye to their rings yet?
  • Options
    @nlc8424 my rings are a tight fit right now. I should be able to keep my wedding bands on for a little while because I never had them sized down, but my engagement ring and my great grandmothers wedding band I wear on my right hand are super tight. I only put my rings on when I am leaving the house.
  • Options
    My rings started to be too tight this week also! I have a sterling silver set that’s a size bigger I started to wear instead. 
  • Options
    Count me in for tight ring club. Last pregnancy I wore both the whole time but I've already had to take them off. Makes me sad and I miss them. 
  • Options
    @nlc8424 @mrsman2018 ooooo thanks for the reminder about the rings! I couldn't wear mine at the end of my last pregnancy and it made me sad. This time I was going to order one of those silicone rings that I thought might give a little with the swelling so I could still wear something.... Off to Amazon!
  • Options
    My main symptoms are severe dizzy spells (dizzy, seeing spots, it causes some headaches sometimes too)
  • Options
    @momof5sept18 dizzy spells sound terrible! Are you getting plenty of water?

i have no idea why I am so tired today. It’s 1:30 and I am still laying in bed. I have been sleeping off and on all morning. My allergies are in full swing and I have a headache so I feel like it might just all be tied together.
  • Options
    @klj0228 I drink lots of water, and the occasional Powerade or Gatorade. They don't know what's causing it but hope to have some answers for me Wednesday when I go back. The dizziness is a nightmare. I can't walk very far or for very long without having to hold onto something until the spell eases up. So I'm mostly having to sit/lay and it's driving me insane but I don't want to risk fainting either and that's how I feel 90% of the time. I'm hoping it gets better soon! 
  • Options
    @momof5sept18 I’m sorry, that sounds terrible. I hope they can figure out what is causing th dizziness and that there is something they can do to give you relief.
  • Options
  • Options
    Finally think I am over the nausea yucks and my appetite is finally back up.

Major pain on my right hip and tailbone area. Feels more like muscles than bones. DD sat completely on that side the entire time too so not surprised. My RLP seems to have calmed down from the last few weeks too.

Insomnia is real (as I type this), which has been accompanied by a constant state of anxiety. Hoping it’s better after our big US in a week or so.

*Non- sales PSA for the mamas with dry skin. My face literally had a reaction to everything with DD and my entire face flaked off (red and peeled). I used R+F soothe regimen and was immediately better within a week and used until after I gave birth. I don’t sell the products, but it was the only thing that worked and I tried a ton! 
  • Options
    kbfash said:
    *Non- sales PSA for the mamas with dry skin. My face literally had a reaction to everything with DD and my entire face flaked off (red and peeled). I used R+F soothe regimen and was immediately better within a week and used until after I gave birth. I don’t sell the products, but it was the only thing that worked and I tried a ton! 
    That's actually really good to know. I already use some of their stuff and was wondering if any of their lotions would do a better job than others for the current dry skin situation.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I’m just over here crying at my desk bc I’m so itchy, as usual. Liver tests all came back normal so this is all “totally normal!” Ugh. Literally want to tear off my skin. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I’m glad the results came back normal, but sorry that it didn’t give you a better answer than “this is completely normal”. Hopefully you can find a lotion or something that will help. Oatmeal bath? 
  • Options
    Thanks @klj0228. Oatmeal baths haven’t really helped. I use lotion specifically for itching - i even have a cortisone lotion from my dermatologist but nothing helps. Gonna keep trying different lotions and see if something helps! 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 that sounds awful. I can't believe even cortisone lotion doesn't help. I hope you can find a brand that helps! Did the derm have other ideas?

• Options
    @adirat I have an appt with a supposedly excellent derm next week. I booked it so long ago (long waiting list!) that I almost forgot until today! I’ve never found a doctor who’s able to help, I’ve had problems with severe itching for a couple years even before pregnancy. So it was super annoying when the ob was like “oh, that’s normal!” Haha. Fingers crossed that this guy has some sort of answer. He is a purely medical dermatologist as opposed to some others I’ve seen who do cosmetic as well. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I saw a recommendation from @kbfash for a moisturizer from R+F. It was for dry skin, but it would be worth trying. And it is very nice of your body to have started this completely normal “pregnancy symptom” years before you were actually pregnant. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 Medical dermatologist sounds promising! I saw a dermatologist for an issue last year (turned out to be a dermatofibroma, so harmless, but my PCP was worried it was autoimmune and I was doing IVF at the time so very concerned) and it was SO helpful to see someone who was immersed in the literature and not just giving Botox all day.

• Options
    tpecitpeci member
    I just have these ever-ongoing sporatic mild cramps. I don't think anything is wrong - just stretching and growing pains. I don't have RLP anymore (or at least not the sharp ones) I just get mild cramps especially in the morning and at night or when I move or bend a certain way. In other news, I just got my donut cushion for work! I've been sitting on it for 1 hour and already I like it. Hopefully this will help me feel less pressure on my butt and lower back. I am having nose bleeds. But I also have bad allergies so I think it is a pregnancy + allergy issue. 

And, here is one I don't think we've talked about yet and sorry if it's tmi, but I think I'm starting to produce some pre-milk. I keep getting little sticky/crusty yellow bits on my nipples and I googled it and it seems pretty common. I've been trying to clean them off, but I kind of feel like that is irritating my nipples. I'm not sure what the best way to handle this is. Also, I'm kind of excited to witness my really small boobs taking such initiative to prepare for the baby! At least they will be ready, even if we are not! 
     I'm a bit late to the party just started reading the posts but thought I'd let you know that many studies have actually demonstrated that colace doesn't actually work, we even stopped using it at our hospital all together. Try asking your doc for something better!