October 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (4/18)

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 15 weeks to 16 weeks on Wednesday 4/18, so my “ticker” changes on Wednesdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

Questions stolen from Monday.  

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What's your favorite guilty pleasure meal?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (4/18)

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

15 weeks - size of a navel orange!

2. How are you feeling?

Struggling a bit with insomnia and headaches, but mostly I feel great. I'm starting to notice that I do need to take it easy sometimes - we did some spring cleaning, and the reaching was a bit challenging.

Nope, nothing until mid-May

Nope

Probably homemade mac and cheese :)

• @knottieamusements I think that feeling is pretty normal, especially for first time moms. I know that I've had waves of feeling overwhelmed by everything too.

@rc-cola That's great that you had such a good appointment with the midwife! After seeing an OBGYN for infertility, and now a group of midwives for my prenatal care, I'm so glad that we decided to go that route too,

@tropical1982 Ugh, nausea is the worst... hopefully since it started so late you'll only have to deal with it for a couple of weeks
    16w avocado!

2. How are you feeling?

Currently irritated.. over all pretty good!!

Nopee

No

Pickles I could eat an entire jar by myself prepregnancy lol

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 14 weeks/a chicken nugget

2. How are you feeling? nausea is getting better, heartburn is getting worse ¯\_()_/¯ 

3. Any appointments this week? Just had one this morning.  Nothing to write home about, everything's good except my weight, which i need to get in check.  

4. Rants/raves/questions? Why is food so delicious?  I never have issues with my weight when not pregnant.  What a cruel joke, world.

5. GTKY: What's your favorite guilty pleasure meal? Baguette and all the fancy cheese!  Maybe with a little dish of olives too?  Yummmmmmm

14 weeks!! Peach or cupcake

2. How are you feeling?

Tired, heartburn, starting to feel a bit overwhelmed and like time is moving too fast and we still have so much to do before this baby comes. I know everything will work out but I felt like my first pregnancy lasted forever and this time its moving much quicker!

Nope

Not really

So hard to choose.. pasta, tacos and Asian cuisine are my favorites.  Recently I have been craving steak a lot too!

• @knottieamusements I just started feeling a bit overwhelmed this week. Hang in there and good job and starting to limit yourself by saying no to things.  This is something I have always struggled with.

@mamabearcj I love pickles but then again I have always loved them even when I am not pregnant :)

@halfanewt I wore maternity pants to work yesterday for the first time and I felt so much more comfortable when sitting at my desk.  I have been holding out building scrubs so I wore a pair of maternity dress pants.  Today I am back in my scrubs and they feel so tight! I will definitely be ordering some tonight.
  • @halfanewt definitely more out of breath at the start of my runs. I also am going slower in part because ligaments are looser so more risk of a rolled ankle, but also helps with the out of breathless.

@mamabearcj I love pickles(always have) and definitely crave them!

@jengibre_zorro yeah the weight stuff sucks. I haven’t put on this much this quickly since college. I think the best we can do is be conscious of it, try to find an excercise that works for us and keep talking with care providers about whether there is cause for concern. It’s not easy!
  • edited April 2018
    @drb2424 - At my OB appt this morning, my dr reminded me that my next appointment was in four weeks, and that is also the 20wk anatomy scan.  I was like “wait!  What?  I four weeks away from the half way point?”  

I have sooo much to do!  I can’t start setting up the nursery until the bathroom remodel is done, and that isn’t even started yet!

edit- cuz I can’t do stuff until other stuff gets done. 

15 weeks, baby is the size of a naval orange 

2. How are you feeling? 

Feeling great! Sleeping better, more energy so ive been able to get a lot more done. Bump is growing nicely  :)

Nope

Rave:- Looking forward to the lovely warm weather we’ll be having over the next few days. Will be spending quality time with my little princess and soaking up on Vitamin D! 

I cant resist a chinese or pizza takeaway (Pizza Hut)

• @knottieamusements it just seems so close! Its hard not being able to start the nursery until other projects are finished.

We recently moved my daughter out of her crib and into a twin bed.  Now the spare bedroom needs to be packed up and all the extra stuff needs to find a home.  We also found out recently that a family member may be staying with us a few months so that will put a hold on the nursery as well.  I keep reminding myself that we had DD in our room in her crib until she was 14 months so there really is no rush on the nursery. When I started to go overwhelmed with my first I just reminded myself as long as baby has a place to sleep, a way to eat, diapers and some clothes we will be good for the first few months.
  • @DRB2424 - Yeah, I’m also switching around rooms too.  (My room is to become the nursery.)  I only want to have to clean once!
  • @rc-cola - i even shame walked myself up the stairs at the docs rather than take the elevator, but i feel like it counted for nothing, lol.  On the plus side, with summer comes abundant fruit and veggies, so i'm hoping we are just getting the weight gain out of the way early this time....

14 weeks, a peach! 

2. How are you feeling?

Getting my energy back yay! Also stopped my diclegis and I don’t have too much nausea. The bump is starting to show and I definitely feel some stretching, cramping and heaviness from this little peanut growing!

Nope!

Raves: on my way to New Orleans tonight for a work conference/mini baby moon with DH. Bring on all the food!

Also second trimester today! Can’t wait to hit the gif party thread later!

Loaded nachos. Preferably with a margarita.

• My love for pickles has also always been life time lol