TTC After a Loss

April WTO

Re: April WTO

• @bethica83 Hope your right about AF! I have not used SMEP in past but, since I'm at CD8, it's starting tonight (DH doesn't and won't know it though :lol: "too much pressure" when he knows things).
  • bethica83bethica83 member
    edited April 2018
    @prpl11butterfly too much pressure - that is funny but oh so true sometimes!! I did talk to DH about SMEP and his comment was "that a lot of sex but whatever you think is best" so we'll go with it.

I think it sounds a bit exhausting as we are no longer 20..... but I'll just schedule an early bedtime as needed.

He will be fine as long as he doesn't take any cold meds *smirk*

ETA... best wishes and babydust to you on your SMEP adventures!
  • Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly I never used to tell DH either. He got so grumpy if he thought sex was only for TTC. After about 2 years of temping he asked me to stop because it was too "in his face" every morning and he would get stressed. 

AFM, going to head over to TWW now. Triggered last night (natural FET) and embryo transfer is scheduled for Saturday. Hopefully 3rd one's the charm....
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 fx for a successful transfer!!! Hope to see some good news over on the tww thread!
  • FX @tosh24 I hope this is the one for you!!!
  • Fingers and toes crossed for you @tosh24!
  • I think baseline u/s went well yesterday.  Of course the tech couldn't really say anything, but told me she'd write the number of follicles on the screen.  I only had 8 on one side, and 6 on the other...I'm thinking that's not very many.  We don't see the RE for a follow up until May 23, which seems like a long time from now.  Saline HSG next week, and H still has to do bloodwork and SA.  Such a long process just to get to a plan!
  • @bakerstreetboys ugh all the waiting is so hard!! Glad the baseline went well, I think 14 is really good! Good luck with the HSG next week! 
  • Thanks @char245.  According to Google (***slaps own wrist), 14 is categorized as intermediate, where stims sometimes help.  Ah, the unknown :)
  • @bakerstreetboys I think 14 is great.  I sometimes have two or as many as 4 so I think you have good numbers
  • I had my US yesterday she about killed me looking around in there.  She said lining was a little thin but could still see blood in there.  She wasn’t concerned though since I’m still spotting.  Not sure how many follicles as I had to close my eyes at one point cuz it hurt so bad.  I did see 3 on the one side though.  I started femara yesterday and they upped my dose of gonal f.  So we will see how that works 
  • @Mack2342 Holy crap, what was the tech doing to you?  Sorry it was a painful experience.  This was the u/s to get ready for the next round of IUI?
  • @bakerstreetboys so my left ovary is difficult to find all the drs at RE office have trouble but I saw nurse practitioner yesterday and she has way more difficulty than drs do.  I also have arthritis in my hip so my leg doesn’t release as much as the other side so that makes it even harder.  Yes this was to get ready IUI.  I started meds yesterday and have 2nd US on Monday to determine trigger and IUI dates. Thank god it’s with one of the Drs so hopefully not as painful 
  • @Mack2342 I’m sorry it wasn’t so painful! I had that happen to me once, I felt like the machine was going to come back through my stomach! So this last time I told them my one ovary is difficult to find and the tech said “no it isn’t it’s eight there”... I guess my last tech just wasn’t very good... so annoying! 
  • @char245 it is annoying. On top of US yesterday I also had to have a follow up mammogram so it was all around a fun day! 
  • @Mack2342 oh that sounds awful! Here’s hoping today was MUCH better!
  • @Mack2342 all that poking, prodding, and smooshing in one day??? Hope you're having some better days following all that!

I have FX for @tosh24 and happy to hear @bakerstreetboys baseline went well. I am still learning all the fertility treatment lingo and whatnot ... this is so educational.

AFM, just my luck, I had a brazilian scheduled yesterday which was CD8 and first day of SMEP. Not a day to BD with exta sensitive skin and bits of wax hanging around yet. But I love my esthetician and rescheduling is a pain so I kept the appointment. Besides a wax just before the big BD time makes things more fun and helps us keep the BD from being just about procreation.

Soooo we started on CD7, will just do our thing until I get a positive OPK!
  • @bethica83 I hadn’t heard about the SMEP until you posted about it. So of course I started googling and that’s what we are going to try this month as well haha. 
  • @char245 Awesome! It just feels good going in with a plan and knowing it has a great success rate helps. As I was telling my DH about the plan again this week - he apparently forgot about the last time we talked about it haha - he seemed really positive and excited about it. FX for us all!!
  • @bethica83 we’ve essentially tried the SMEP but it’s that by the time O arrives DH is wore out.  It works sometimes for us and then not.  Now with IUIs we BD on our own when RE tells us to 
  • I think that's my problem with SMEP, too many days where we feel we have to BD.  My O day jumps around a lot so I think I would start to resent it!
  • edited April 2018
    We are on day 6 of SMEP today and I still haven't told DH :joy: I'm 90% sure I'll be over it by the time I O. I figure if it doesn't happen this month, I'll adjust the start day next month. But since this is my first real cycle after the loss and I am not sure if that will affect my O, I should start when it's recommended.

Edited because half my post got eaten.
  • @Mack2342 @bakerstreetboys @prpl11butterfly I can see that happening if O is later. I used to be pretty consistent with CD13 or 14 which just means a really busy week or so. I wanted to tell him about it and get him on board with the plan in case the MMC changed that for me.

I also think DH would think I had been body snatched if I didn't tell him. LOL I am not usually THAT initiative.
  • @bethica83 LOL I also told DH the new plan and he said “that’s A LOT of sex, sign me up!” Haha. We will see how we feel after a week or so of this... we aren’t as young as we once were! 
  • I know that MH would just be too stressed knowing. Obviously he knows we are having lot more for a reason, but I also want him to think that some of it is just for fun. He has asked me not to tell about OPKs this time too. 
  • bethica83bethica83 member
    edited April 2018
    @prpl11butterfly interesting! My husband is different, he wants to be involved. Every person and couple are unique.

ETA It is important to me that we do keep things fun and not always about TTC. So yes, it is a BD but also about intimacy and keeping things fun. I try to initiate outside my fertile window a few times too to keep things fun between us and let him know I genuinely love and want him in that way outside of our TTC efforts.
  • @bethica83 I agree in BD outside of TTC and making it fun.  DH knows the window but after 3 days he is worn out.  We are both old lol.  It’s funny we married only 4 yrs ago and while dated it was long distance and only saw each other on weekends and we would BD 5-6 in 2 days.  I don’t think either of us could do that now lol
  • @mack2342 we aren't spring chickens either on the far side of our 30's and I know it's going to be somewhat exhausting once I get that positive OPK. I can handle every other day for a good long time though so honestly if the 3 days in a row thing gets to be too much, we might just do an EOD approach between CD8 and CD20 (or until I know I am past my O date based on OPK+BBT tracking). 

It is funny, we have been married for 18 months, together for 3.5 years. When we first met, we could hardly go 2 days without! Funny how that changes over time.
  • Finally off the bench, CD1 today. Was expecting AF to arrive tomorrow, but I’ll take it!

I’m a little worried, because both this cycle and last I started spotting around 9-10 dpo. I never usually spot before AF, but the last two cycles I have. Maybe my CP changed something? The last two cycles are the only ones ever where I’ve tracked O as well, so it’s not exactly a big sample size, but without the spotting my LP seems to be 12-13 days. I’m scared the spotting so early on means implantation will be difficult. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see! 
  • @grebretso Welcome to the playing field. :) I never used to spot before AF either but I did this cycle the day before it started.
  • I have had way more spotting both before and after AF since my MCs.  Super annoying.
  • Thanks, @bethica83!

If this cycle will be anything like my previous ones I’ll O on CD17, which works out perfectly since it’s a Saturday. HB and I have wildly different work schedules and hardly see each other during the week, so BD during the week is difficult. We’ll still have to try to make time on a Thursday and maybe Wednesday, but that’s ok. I won’t get much sleep because I’ll have to stay up and wait for him to get off work, but I’ll think about it as practice for when we (hopefully) have a newborn! 
  • Jumping over here now CD6. Spotted for the first time before AF thus month. I've spotted only once before but turned out it was implantation bleeding with my 3rd MC. Going to go Google SMEP.....
  • DH and I did SMEP when TTC DS. It was....a lot of sex lol. There's no way in hell that would happen now. We've been married for 12 years and it's been a looooong time since we've had that much sex haha.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I definitely wasn't feeling it the other night but worked up the energy. After DH kept asking if I was okay. Apparently I was "blah" after. Not sure what he meant but told him I was tired. Today's his birthday so I'll break out some fancy undies (maybe go full on lingerie if anything fits....) and keep us on schedule. I'm just crossing everything for a positive OPK so that we can bring this cycle to wraps over the weekend. We've had a low stress week and that will change sunday.
  • My OPK came back today with a high result so game is on! According to SMEP I should take a pregnancy test on May 5 which is the day I am matron of honor in my best girl's wedding. I am not sure if I wanna know that day either way.
  • @bethica83 meeee tooooo!!!! Would AF be late at that point? 
  • @prpl11butterfly no it is a couple days before AF. 2 or 3 days. I am CD12 today.