September 2018 Moms

Monday Moans 4/16 / Just come here during the week to complain as needed

I'm so late starting this and I'm pretty sure it's bedtime for at least half the board already, but better late than never!!!
So if you all don't see it till Tuesday or Wednesday or like next Saturday, but you want to complain about a thing or rant or vent as needed, just drop on by! We'll leave the light on.

Re: Monday Moans 4/16 / Just come here during the week to complain as needed

• I’m good but wanted to share this gif

• Loading the player...
  • @stothi +1 to that rant. I would love tit, but for my Monday moan of the app going nuts.
  • @stothi +1 to that rant. I would love tit, but for my Monday moan of the app going nuts.
  • @spottedginger Oh my gosh I just LOL...I came here to complain about the app but see you have that taken care of  :D Stupid app. I was able to love tit something but then a pop up ad for cocktails took over my phone. Seriously Bump?! Then three more ads popped up while trying to type this. Back to desktop tomorrow! 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• I've moaned about it before but I want to participate in a ticker change but don't want to start one. Too worried if it is allowed or if people will participate. And who will do the other 6 days?
  • 100% agree @stothi with your rant. Those special members who state this actually are not special snowflakes. 

Also +1 about the ads. For real, this is why I hate bumping on my lap top because of the 10 million ads. I almost wish there was a paid version to get out of the ads.
  • +1 for the app making me angry today! Yesterday when the ads randomly showed up at the bottom of articles I found it annoying, but not so bad. This morning I wake up and now we have ads sliding in from the side trying to be sneaky?! I understand if they need to help pay for things, but these ads look cheap. You want to bring in some money work with companies who meet needs of your users (pregnant women and women ttc). I probably still won’t click and ad, but at least it pertains to what I am here for. 
  • Ok ok my Tuesday confession is that i responded to the snowflake... I was feeling generous.

@spottedginger haha I'm sure you're frustrated but I also appreciate your glitched and multiple posts

Yeah... The pop up ads are out of control
  • Totally agree @stothi -- especially when it's something you could google. "I hate the app so I don't use it, but I am apparently using it instead of just googling an answer to my question." 

• While I agree with @stothi 's rant in theory, I absolutely get behind the idea of having actual threads on specific topics for discussion. If I want to discuss fetal movement, and get everyone's input on fetal movement, I'd love a thread on that. I'd be happy to contribute my thoughts on that. I don't want to have to read through 1000 other symptoms and things to find an occasional post about fetal movement and I"m not going to respond to a post about fetal movement in one of those threads if it's 10 posts back. I'd love to be able to sign onto the board and see actual conversation topics and be able to have an actual conversation about actual topics instead of just throwing out one-off comments into big threads about a thousand different things. 
  • @MandyMost I think that's why I replied to the fetal movement thread, I know it's been asked about in several symptoms/questions threads but I wouldn't know where to point someone to find the information. I'm totally cool discussing specific topics that everyone can participate in and I think it would help general lurkers find information and maybe participate more
  • I too would be cool with more threads with individual topics and it might even cut down on the special snowflake threads.  
    I find I don’t respond to a topic in randoms or questions or symptoms unless it was one of the most recent posts, so there are a lot of things I could comment on, but I don’t since I feel like the moment has passed 
  • jumpy57jumpy57 member
    edited April 2018
    stothi said:
     "oh, go to this thread from last Thursday. It's all about belching in public and how to do it without losing friends," 
    Hahaha I'm dying, that was great

Also I agree with all the above feelings

Also edited because ads are the worst and messed up my post
  • This is why we had a very serious “use the search function” culture on my previous bmb. Specific threads were more common, but the whole “I’m too busy to google or don’t trust my doctor’s medical advice and y’all have nothing better to do” got flamed hard core, as I believe it should. 
    Best. Thread. 

MyTuesday rant is that there is no room left around here for eye rolling gifs or blunt replies. @stothi I 100% agree with you. My reply last night was so delicate it loses its efficacy. 
  • Just accidentally referred to my daughter as DD on a Facebook B/S/T page. Pregnancy brain...
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @klj0228 Thanks! Yep, just having a cranky/emotional day. I appreciate your "I'm with you" comment! I am not normally wishing any part of this pregnancy to go faster, but the desire to feel the baby move is really on my mind! 

@nlc8424 Ugh - that's so annoying. I too am dealing with so much policy related inefficiency at work. And getting people to make changes is soooooo hard! 
  • The car seat still smellllllssssssss..,. The sun hasn’t made an appearance on days and may not be back for more days... its magical powers are the only hope I have left.  :s:'(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @jhjocelyn have you tried nature’s miracle? Or baking soda? White vinegar? Sorry. That stinks. Literally. If it is unlivable, Target is about to have their trade in event this week. You can trade in any car seat for 20% off a car seat or booster
  • @spottedginger
    Using vinegar or baking soda or pretty much anything other than dawn or johnson&johnson is a no-no from what I’ve read. At least on the straps. The cover I used everything on (because I hadn’t  read that part yet...) and soaked in the washer and washed twice then spot cleaned whatever still smelled... then I reassembled everything sealed it in a trashbag w a bowl of baking soda and drop or two of essential oils...took it put a few hours later and all the smell was back. 
     I will mention the sale to dh... we’rr going bu Target tomorrow and this behemoth of a seat will be a problem when baby comes anyways...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @jhjocelyn gotcha. How frustrating. I think the trade in is the 22- May 4? You turn it in to customer service and get a code you can use in store or online in case the model you want isn’t in your store. Then they recycle the seats. 
  • @jhjocelyn I’m sorry nothing is working. I’m amazed Dawn didn’t work. I swear that stuff can clean anything! It sounds like you are pretty limited in what you can use to help clean it. 

@spottedginger I am glad you brought up the car seat recycling at target starting this weekend. I saw that earlier online and said I was going to post it here, but then completely forgot.
  • stothi  I will start one on Saturday - my ticker day. 

Another moan is I cannot get rid of my headache. It's been 30+ hours of it and did not go away after a night of sleep or naps. Wish there was something more than Tylenol. I even had to call in at work half way through my shift because I could not take it. 
  • The puke smell goes away pretty quick I would say.  My youngest car sick puked in her carseat the beginning of holidays last year.  All I had was some sort of Amway? clothes cleaning wipes type things and I did notice it for a few days but not too long...
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • @magnolia209 that's actually a moan of mine too! I have a dang anterior placenta this time and don't feel a thing from baby :'( I'm only 16 weeks so I'm at the end of the month with you @klj0228 but as a second time mom I was so excited to hopefully get to feel the movements earlier this time.