October 2018 Moms

Symptoms week of April 16

How many weeks are you? 

How are you feeling? 

Any new and exciting second trimester symptoms? 

Re: Symptoms week of April 16

• 13 w and some # of days

feeling sleepy again and the lovely shortness of breathe has come to the party. I feel like an 800 pound potato that gets winded just walking across the room. Hah! Other than that - feeling pretty good!
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Loading the player...
  • 14 weeks 3 days
    I was so nauseous today it was terrible. Cant eat much of anything. I really want this to end soon. @cdepperschmidt you are giving me some hope!

I also felt movement Saturday for sure and possibly Sunday. Always when I'm watching TV and really paying attention. Exciting though!!

Also I've had a headache since Friday...ugh.
  • 12 weeks, 4 days

Super tired in the afternoons around 2pm/3pm and I still feel very bloated/chunky. My lower belly has been bothering me today- the feeling is strange... not really crampy but I feel like there's a lot of pressure and pulling going on in there. I'm peeing a lot and I wake up every.single.night between 3am-4am and have to use the restroom. Hoping that eventually stops. 

Trying to be patient until I get to the second trimester... it's tough!
  • 14w3d.

Nesting has set in for sure. I woke up from my nap and cleaned a bunch randomly and I'm stopping myself from continuing..only because I need to make this grocery list!

My biggest symptom still seems to be cramping. I feel mostly fine with some mild nausea still. A huge difference over all!
  • 14w 2 days. Just tired, sometimes queasy, but it's usually not too bad. I've been cooking more dinner lately, handling the kids better. Not 100%, but getting there! I still love sleeping though. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • My biggest issue is that I simply feel overwhelmed all the time.  This results in me not wanting to do anything, which causes me to feel more overwhelmed as more things pile up to be done.  I've always been a procrastinator, which makes it even worse.  

I know what this feels like! It sucks! I’ve learned that when I feel this way I need me time.
  • 12w1d

Today has been rough - can’t keep anything down and non-stop nausea. But some days it does finally seem to be improving a bit. Hoping it eases up altogether soon!

Two more weeks until second tri and I can’t wait - still can’t decide when/if we’ll actual do a formal announcement and I also still haven’t told work and am dreading it but I know I need to soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Is 15w too early to start getting Braxton Hicks Contractions?  

I don’t normally experience a lot of cramping, but earlier I had what I can only describe as a mild tightening of my uterus. I noted it happening, but just continued on with whatever I was doing. I don’t know how long it lasted, but not very?
  • @knottieamusements they usually start in the 2nd tri. 
  • 13w3d- tired, but definitely not as tired as before. I'm finally starting to feel more normal again! I wouldnt say I have a "burst" of energy- I dont believe that exists. I think it's a lie to get you through the first trimester. LOL. BUT I can tell I have more of my normal energy back- most of the time anyways :)
  • 14+4 weeks

Feeling great other than still a little tired. Still haven't puked! Going to bed at 9/930 instead of 8/830 which is a swing in the right direction. I'm more hungry and thirsty this week but also peeing way more. Like every 30-45 mins in the evening and 1-2 hours over night which sucks. Lots of gas cramps and stretching going on. 
    Can't wait to feel the bean move for real because I think the two times I felt it but it likely was just gas cramps. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Apparently I shouldn't post about feeling better. It just jinxes me. My hips are SO sore. Last night I slept with my u-shaped pillow and then my body pillow in the middle so that I just slept on pillows. That helped a lot. 

This morning I have a headache and my stomach is unhappy...and I puked. So it's starting off great. 
    I'm also back to work after a 4-day weekend. I have 90 emails. Can I go back to bed?
  • My boobs are so sore they hurt even when I’m not doing anything. My dd sat in my lap and barely grazed them and I wanted to cry!
  • 12 weeks 3 days. 

Feeling pretty good besides extremely itchy skin all over and a constant runny nose. 
  • 12 w 3 d-

Boobs don’t hurt as much, but hips are getting increasingly sore, especially sleeping on my side at night. 

Nausea has been getting better but food aversions are still horrible. I just want to be able to eat like a normal person again. 
  • 15w2d 
    Boobs are sore again. Seems like when they get sore they are growing. These things are huge already and I can't imagine how big they will be if they keep growing!!! 
    Slightly congested most evenings and runny nose all day. I do not have allergies and this is not normal for me... but is my new normal for the last 2-3 months. 
    Pretty sure I felt baby about 4 times now but always a couple days in between and normally when I am laying in bed, probably because I am able to concentrate on it more.
    Belly getting in the way and not really being able to lay on my back has limited adult fun time. 

• 13 weeks 6 days

Still pretty tired but not as exhausted as a few weeks ago.  I have a hard time going back to sleep in the middle of the night after I get up to pee.  I toss and turn for 1-2 hours each night and then I cant seem to get up in the morning. 

My boobs are so sore and sensitive and huge lol

I haven't vomited in a week but I am still dry heaving a lot.  I just want to brush my teeth and not dry heave!
  • 14 weeks, 4 days. Nausea is letting up and definitely getting some energy back- able to stay up till 9:30 or 10 now instead of 8:30-9:00!

Weird question, is anyone who was RAVENOUS in the 1st trimester feeling less hungry in the 2nd? I felt like I could eat enough in the 1st trimester, but now I'm back to more normal eating habits. Seems weird to me!

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• @Dragonfly6191

I wasn’t ravenous in 1st trimester, but I had a good idea of what I could and wanted to eat.  

I’m having trouble right now finding foods that I want to eat- nothing sounds good (except potatoes, poptarts, and chocolate).  And the foods that worked for me in 1st trimester sound terrible. 

Last night I didn’t eat dinner because everything sounded awful or too hard.  I ended up getting up at 10pm to make some eggo waffles because I was so hungry, and that was the only thing I could stand to eat.  
  • 13w 2d
    I feel so exhausted today. Horrible headache that was just a faint headache the past few days. Nauseous and don’t want to do anything other than curl up on the couch with a blanket.
  • Wtf bloat! My pants (non maternity) fit great this morning with an inch of extra room in the waist. This afternoon bloat has made them way too tight and uncomfortable. Seriously???
  • 13w 6d
    Heartburn has set in, and i want to die.  Every time i open my mouth, i feel like flames will shoot out, lol.  I have also gained a horrific amount of weight.  I'm hoping that as i start to feel better, vegetables and water will return to my life and i can get the weight gain under control.  
    +1 to nesting - i am in a furious spring cleaning sweep the likes of which this world has never seen!
  • 15w 2d

Feeling almost normal. A little more energy then 1st tri. I’m able to do light workouts and run a couple miles....much slower though lol. Still get out of breath easily and as the day goes on I get more and more bloated. Able to eat veggies again even though I’m still craving carbs...chicken is my enemy right now. I’m also super thirsty some days but not others. Just bought some maternity clothes as I can no longer zip or button my regular pants....so much comfier! 
  • Copied from my post in the wtf thread:
    15w6d
    Wtf to my back!! Maybe this should go in symptoms too but I'm mad about it!! I can not lay in bed without my sciatic getting worse... I've been laying down bumping away for about 30 minutes.. I got up to pee, couldn't fully stand, saddled to the bathroom, and with each step I took I felt like i was getting closer to the floor, I wasn't dizzy but I was seeing stars it hurt so bad!! I had to pull myself up off the toilet and try to shuffle back to bed... idk how to lay or what to do to help fix this... it's excruciating!!
  • @mamabearcj it seems we are all having  sciatica now. Yayyyy us. I asked my drs office and they said take Tylenol (up to 1000mg?? Idk, I ignored that part tbh because Tylenol sucks) and use a heating pad. And it will probably just get worse. I have a body pillow and it still doesn't help. Looking forward to my massage in 2 weeks, hopefully that will!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    I've been doing 10 Minute Solutions Prenatal Pilates.  My backs been bothering me so I did the flexibility work out the other day and there was one move that she said was great for sciatic sufferers.  I don't remember what the move was and have no idea if its really helpful, but it might be worth looking into?   
  • 14 weeks 5 days. Still nauseous. Still barfing. When will it end?! I’m SO over it!
  • How many weeks are you?

15w1d

How are you feeling? 

Better! Still occasionally nausea but less often, boobs still sore and growing, but hubby loves them.

Ive started sporting a really nice muffin top, I wish it looked more like a bump but right now it’s just chub. I have more energy now too which is nice, I’ve been going to the gym more & tried Zumba, it was very fun! 

• Oh man these replies are making me feel like I’m not alone! Last week I had a headache that lasted 4 days (just kept coming back after the pain meds wore off)

I’m 14 weeks today and just noticed it’s the first time I don’t feel like crap all day. No nausea! Still have a weird smell in my nose at times but it’s  not as bad as before. Evening bloat is serious business, so my regular pants and skirts have been ok but feeling tight at the end of the day. I’ve been checking for a bump every morning and today I finally saw a lil' one! It’s super exciting!

My boobs have started to really hurt again, and even the newer bras I got are getting tighter, so that's fun

Can't wait until it’s a real bump and I can feel the tiny one in there  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Also- my belly button hurts.  
  • 15w 6d

Not much better than before although my belching doesn't seem to happen all day long, it still happens multiple times a day. Still nauseous, irritable, exhausted and bloated. My whole breast doesn't hurt but the nipples are extremely sore and sensitive to touch. I have to wear a bra all day/night.

I vomited for the first time this morning. Yay me...also I've noticed some round ligament pain and occasional dull cramping.
  • k10mbk10mb member
    13W 1D

I feel like im finally out of the woods! After so much nausea and vomiting for weeks on end I feel like my old self again. My nausea went away at 12 weeks and my boobs no longer hurt. Besides the hormonal headaches that have kicked in I feel great. 

Its hard to believe I have a lemon sized baby wiggling around in my belly!  :)
  • 15 weeks 

I’m feeling better. Heartburn has kicked in and I’m sleeping by 8pm, but overall feeling better 
  • How many weeks are you? 15w 3d

How are you feeling? Felt weird today. No other words to describe it. 

Had my first round ligament pain. Fun fun! 
  • How many weeks are you? 12w3d

How are you feeling? Ok. Nausea is getting better/less. Have a yeast infection, so that's fun.
    Stuffy. @SweetSweetTooth you mentioned you were stuffy too... there's something called pregnancy rhinitis. I had it last time and its been kicking in again the past few weeks. Essentially excess mucus and swelling, in this instance in your nose, due to pregnancy. Mine lasted the whole time, sorry, but goes away after birth. 

Any new and exciting second trimester symptoms? Not there yet, sigh. 2 more weeks, almost. I am going to tell work this week though - a little nervous about that. It'll be fine, but earlier than I wanted. Bigger this time though and I think its a good idea.