1st Trimester

Recent miscarriage, now pregnant before period...

I lost our baby 7 weeks ago and found out last week I had a positive pregnancy test.  My doctor told me it could take from 2 up to 6 weeks for my period to return but it never came.  I've read online that it's possible to get pregnant before the period restarts.  Has anyone else had this happen?  I have no idea how to calculate how many weeks I may be but I'm assuming somewhere around 4-5.  I never expected to miscarry so it really threw me for a loop.  
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Recent miscarriage, now pregnant before period...

• Sorry to hear about your loss. You could have still ovulated but without tracking it would be hard to say how far along you would be. Also did they ever check your betas to see if they went down? Could it possibly be that you still have levels from you MC and testing positive? I suggest following up with your doc to make sure. 
  • @cunninjd (and a general TW to all reading for my whole answer)this happened to me. I had a MC towards the end of January at what would have been 6 weeks (measuring from LMP) although I never had and blood work or an ultrasound to confirm it. My first appointment to confirm the pregnancy was to be the day after I started bleeding. I went to the appointment anyways and they drew blood and did an ultrasound. The bloodwork numbers were very low ( I think below 5) and the ultrasound showed nothing. So, it was probably a chemical pregnancy. At any rate, I must have ovulated about 2 weeks later because I got a BFP 4 weeks and 2 days after the MC started and I’m now almost 11 weeks pregnant. I don’t think my ob liked us not waiting at least 1 cycle but since I know when we conceived and that date lined up with how our now little one is growing, it’s not a big deal. I‘m a first timer and not even close to being knowledgeable about this stuff but to answer your question, yes- it’s possible. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys. Appreciate your input. With my miscarriage I passed a little sac after terrible cramping for about 12 hours and mu hcg levels dropped off within a few days. Later that week i no longer ‘felt’ pregnant.  Theres no doubt I am now.  Hoping to get in next week and find out whats going on. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If your doctor doesn't recommend one, ask for a dating ultrasound. I expect they will recommend one since you have such a wide window of when you could have conceived.
  • *Trigger warning*
    I had a CP and began bleeding on March 26th. Once I was done bleeding, I started charting again. I ovulated about 2 weeks later (normal for me) and just got a BFP at 9DPO, so it is possible. My doctor had me get blood work done immediately due to my loss. Did your doctor mention testing your HCG and progesterone?