Babies on the Brain

Sunday Funday GIF party

What was the highlight of your weekend?

What are you looking forward to this week?

GIF Bonus: How do you really feel about it being Sunday evening? 

Re: Sunday Funday GIF party

• 2 highlights this weekend: Our new stove was delivered! We were on day 18 with no stove. Also, planted more in the garden today: tomatoes, chard, green beans, lettuce and a ghost pepper plant for DH.

This week: Field Trip to the library on Friday! They have a Where the Wild Things Are exhibit.

How I feel this Sunday: AF has knocked me on my ass this weekend. 
  • What was the highlight of your weekend? Making cookies with my daughter. What are you looking forward to this week? Not too much going on. I have a work dinner Wednesday, but I wouldn’t say I’m looking forward to it. GIF Bonus: How do you really feel about it being Sunday evening? I can barely post, my app is all screwed up.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • @JLaVO888 one of my weekend highlights was similar to yours, but rather than getting a new appliance, it was getting rid of our old couch. We’d bought an “new” (to us) couch a couple months ago & our living room was cramped with the old one in too. The old couch is finally gone. 18 days without a stove! Is that your oven too? Or just the stove top? How did you eat? I’m glad you’ve got a new one in now. 

I’m gardening this week too. Apartment living = no yard, but I got a community plot with some friends this year. We have a 20’x20’ spot to grow. I’m very excited about it. 
  • @tumbleweed-1 I love the idea of a garden with friends!
  • @tumbleweed-1 I love the idea of a garden with friends!
  • @tumbleweed-1 No oven either. We did crock pot and grilled outside and ate out some too on crappy weather days. 

A friend garden would would be so fun! My sister who lives in Chicago does a neighborhood garden club thing. 
  • The friends garden is great so far! We only started it a month ago, but its been nice to divide up the cost/labor to get fresh veggies. We don't have anything to harvest yet, its mostly been planting and weeding. Once we get further in the growing season we'll take turns going out on different days, that way it isn't too time consuming for one person. And we'll split the harvests, of course. The three of us also volunteer at a local food bank garden when we can, so we've all got a bit of gardening experience.