TTC after 35

Which Prenatal Vitamin?

Hello Lovely Ladies,

We are 38 year old couple, things have been late in our lives unfortunately. Got married last year and been trying to conceive since last 6 months.My husband suffers from ED. 

Need you advise on the following -

1) Which prenatal should I go for?

2) Should my husband be taking a multivitamin as well, if yes which one?

Many Thanks!

Re: Which Prenatal Vitamin?

• I take prenat mini. I have to have prescription for it.  My DH also takes a men’s multivitamin- men’s one a day.  We both take coq10 but I take 400mg and he takes 200mg.  I also take DHEA 25mg 3 times a day ( asked dr about this one first since it hormone). 
  • @Mack2342 thanks a lot :)! There are tons in the market, its so very confusing.
  • Loading the player...
  • We were also advised that H should be taking vitamin D; apparently there are new studies showing that it's good for sperm quality.  I take Ubiquinol as well (a form of CoQ10).

• @bakerstreetboys -  Thank you! Yeah heard Vitamin D along with A & C are good for men. So which prenatal do you take and your DH?
  • H just takes a men's multi, and I take whatever prenatal happens to be on sale.  As long as it has enough folic acid, I don't think there's a ton of difference between them.  Unless you RE or doctor tells you that you need extra DHEA or something.
  • Congratulations on your wedding!  You are not necessarily late. :) I am 39 and happen to think these are the best years. ;)

Most prenatal vitamins are fine, you want to look for sufficient folate and whatever will be easiest for you to stick with.

Rainbow Light Prenatal One is derived from food and sits the best with me. However, it does have iron, which can make me nauseous. Trader Joe's prenatal is exactly the same as Rainbow Light (in fact it must *be* Rainbow Light) but cheaper, so that's what I buy now.

For days when I really can't stomach the Rainbow Light due to iron, I take a gummy. I like the First Response brand the best (yes, the home pregnancy test brand also makes vitamins...kind of strange but true).
  • I am not sure if these would be more or less beneficial, but I love, love, love the Smarty Pants Prenatal gummies!  
  • pegs007pegs007 member
    edited April 2018

@bakerstreetboys  Cool, thank you :)! Lots of baby dust to you!

• pegs007pegs007 member
    edited April 2018
    BuckeyeNut05 Definitely helps me, Smarty Pants is on my top list too ;), lots of baby dust!
  • marijaa333 Thanks a ton for your wishes, will be completing an year soon! We are late marriage buddies ;) ! Had no clue that First Response makes prenatals too, good info.! Lots of baby dust!
  • @peggy_gupta @BuckeyeNut05 thanks from me too about the SmartyPants - hadn't heard of them before. It sounds like they may be less sweet than what I have now. I'll have to try them.

• I hope you like them!  It's like starting my day with fruit snacks and it's magical.
  • @BuckeyeNut05 ok, i have a confession to make: I bought the Smarty Pants prenatals and they taste o, but a bit chalky. Definitely not better than my First Response gummies, which just taste like candy.

BUT, I feel appreciably better on these than on any of the others I've tried! I have a ton more energy and I'm thinking more clearly and I'm very likely to continue taking this brand even after I no longer need prenatals! So, thank you for the tip.
  • I switched over to taking Mommy and me 2, they are all natural and food based. So far I really like them. They also have folate that's made of broccoli and good for those with the MTHR gene mutation. Not sure if I have that, but figure it couldn't hurt just in case! Was on Rainbow Light, but I feel a lot better on the Mommy and Me 2. Also added in a Women's Probiotic and that's helped tons. Seemed like my estrogen pills were making everything out of whack! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited May 2018
    @kristimh80 Is Mommy and Me 2 any easier to swallow than Rainbow Light?
  • @marijaa333 Depends on what which Rainbow Light you've tried. Before them I was on the Rainbow Light petite vitamins, so pills were a lot smaller...you just had to take 3 instead. They aren't small pills, unfortunately.  But if you like Rainbow Light but not the normal sized pills...then you'd probably like the small petite one's. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3