July 2018 Moms

April Symptoms

How we feeling ladies?

Re: April Symptoms

• I don't know about y'all, but I am feeling PREG.NANT.  Third tri hit me like a freight train.  All of the sudden my back hurts, I can't sleep (mostly because I get woken up like 20 times a night to pee or because I have leg cramps), I have to pee every hour, and I have braxton hicks pretty bad already (is that normal??).  Trying to not let it all bother me too much, but I am thinking it could be a long 12 weeks.....
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • MY THROAT STILL  HURTS. It's not actually a pregnancy symptom, but seriously, how long can this possibly go on for. I can't sleep at night, I get woken up every hour or two in pain and needing to pop a cough drop in my mouth. 

@stlmegs I am getting braxton hicks too, usually once or twice a day I'll get a couple. I  think it's normal at this stage and definitely in line with what I had last time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @stlmegs I’m getting Braxton Hicks on the regular too. So irritating! My doc didn’t seem concerned about them as long as they were irregular and not timeable. 

As for me I’m having all the the hip pain while sleeping and weird public pain while walking. And OH THE HEARTBURN! 
  • @zande2016 right there with you. Cough is improving but I think my throat is just so irritated from all the coughing it still hurts, mostly at night and in the morning. 

Other than that which is not really a pregnancy symptoms, I have nothing going on. I'm not sleeping well but that's because of the cough, I have to be propped up and on my back or else I can't sleep at all but then occasionally I'll go on my side and my neck of course gets all messed up with all the pillows! Still not having to wake up to pee, which is surprising. But I've had lots of leaking during the day due to the violent cough fits. That was definitely fun...not.
  • @stlmegs Still a couple days away from third tri, but definitely experiencing the sleepless nights, too.  I've been getting up to pee every couple hours...and my DH has also been having this (wondering if he is also pregnant?)...and the hip pain and leg cramps!  It's every time I stretch, my leg cramps up and freezes.  My doc told me that I could try Tums for a calcium boost.
  • All the things.... SPD, heartburn no matter what I try and OH the Braxton Hicks!   Its starts with a tightening low in my ute, then up through my chest, neck and into my head (feels full like I'm standing on my head)  while thing lasts roughly 30 seconds and happens almost every hour.  Also leaves me feeling like a wave of anxiety has washed over me.  Yuck
  • Last night was weird. I don't get heartburn exactly but I get this acid burning feeling in my throat occasionally. Typically it goes away after like 5-10 minutes so whatever, not a huge deal. Last night I woke up at 2am coughing and kind of choking on acid in the back of my throat. So nasty. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • After another long absence over here (is not being able to get it together a pregnancy symptom? LOL) I'm still in the second trimester and feeling pretty good and really pretty pregnant. Luckily I still only get up once, maybe twice a night to pee. I feel her moving quite a bit, which is super cool. Not quite heartburn ever, thankfully, but definitely indigestion has been a thing in my life. Also, post nasal drip has been on and off for a while. And creaky hips, definitely some creaky hips. xo.
  • I would say most of my symptoms are on the mild side. I have had trouble sleeping for the past few weeks. I thought it might be acid reflux or indigestion, but I'm really not sure. I just can't get comfortable. For a while, I would sleep sitting up slightly, and then eventually I would move on to my left side. Lately, I've tried sleeping on my left side with a pillow between my legs. No matter what, I still wake up for some reason. I eventually go back to sleep, though.

I also get some tingling in my right hand when I'm sleeping, even though I'm sleeping on the left side. 
  • Up to pee at night 2-3 times within 6 hours. So much pressure down there- sometimes painful. Leg cramps - occasionally so bad that I can’t walk right for 2-3 days because the muscle is so sore. And then carpel tunnel is acting up but it isn’t bothering me as much - maybe I’m getting use to the feeling?
  • Add me to the pee multiple times in the middle of the night crew. Tempting to just bring a pillow in there and sleep sitting up on the toilet to minimize having to get up! My lower back is just killing me, I really need to find a support belt. Other than that just feeling gigantic. And it's been warmer so it's been hard for both DH and I to sleep well at night. Turned on a fan last night which helped, but it's still too rainy to open the windows at night without everything getting soaked.
  • BH, lots of CM, pelvic pressure has begun, hip pain while sleeping, and so hungry all the time. Peeing a lot of course. Feeling huge and heavy by end of day. Plus just started getting sick (running nose and sore throat). 
  • right rib pain- ouch.  obviously not the baby yet but idk what is going on in there.  hurts just to sit up straight sometimes!
  • @stlmegs Still a couple days away from third tri, but definitely experiencing the sleepless nights, too.  I've been getting up to pee every couple hours...and my DH has also been having this (wondering if he is also pregnant?)...and the hip pain and leg cramps!  It's every time I stretch, my leg cramps up and freezes.  My doc told me that I could try Tums for a calcium boost.
    Ok so weird....my H has been doing the same thing!! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @stlmegs and @julybabybear I think my H is also pregnant, he's at least sharing the load of symptoms.
  • zg49zg49 member
    @hillbillywife Ugh the pubic pain when walking is terrible! I've been seeing a chiropractor for it and it kind of helps. 

Otherwise all the things said above. The braxton hicks have been constant at night - last night even into my back which instantly worried me. 

• I'm glad to see that others are having cramps too.  I'm having foot cramps, not leg cramps  - anyone else??  It keeps waking me up and sucks!  I'm on daily Nexium for the acid reflux, so that's been better for the most part. I've had severe lower back pain lately and went to the chiropractor and also got a prenatal massage.  I'll start doing both more regularly from here on out to make sure everything stays aligned.
  • MichelleAG05  ahhh the foot cramps, me too! Foot and toe are like every other day.  But weirdly enough bananas are supposed to help prevent them and yet every time I eat a banana, I get one later that day!
  • @babygagnon2018 Avocados or coconut water can help with cramps too! I miss bananas, but I'm severely allergic so I've got to get my potassium and magnesium from other sources.
  • Still having heart palpitations now and then.  I was having them a lot in March and I saw my PCP to have it evaluated but everything checked out (EKG, bloodwork) and it was deemed a pregnancy symptom.  Upping my water intake seems to have cut them back significantly.

Otherwise, I can commiserate with everyone on the hip/pelvic pain, rib pain, night time peeing, and heartburn.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • +1 to leg cramps when stretching and pointing my toes. I can avoid the cramp by stretching with a flexed foot. Although, I kinda like the cramp...I have a quick way to relieve them and it hurts but also feels good. It's weird!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @MichelleAG05, yes, I'm also having foot cramps! Super annoying when you're wearing shoes, too!

"Glad" to read others are having pubic pain, too. Makes walking a bit tougher, not to mention the extra pressure on the lungs from my uterus leaving me a little more out of breath, lately.

Still have the wonderful restless legs insomnia, general fatigue, and occasional nausea. 

The other day I had a scare because my cm was so, so watery, and there was more of it than usual, but I connected with my OB's office, and it wasn't amniotic fluid leaking (and now the cm is more like it was). The OB's office told me that it's not unusual for it to get really watery starting around the third tri, which I'm almost at. Of course if anyone has any concerns, they should contact their OB, but I am relieved!
  • Cankles...two of ‘em. I also have heart burn and peeing a million times a day. I can’t remember who said it but I can’t seem to get it together either. Pregnancy brain is in full force. I make lists on sticky notes at work and I forget my phone at home several times.
  • I have the pubic pain that's making it difficult to walk bit only if I'm overactive that day. It's any movement that means 1 leg moves before the other. Hip pain started on this trip, but I think it's from so much sitting in the car to get Here!

Just started waking up to pee in the last couple days, hopefully due to late water consumption.
  • This kid is so low I’m getting so my cervix punches and uncomfortable fluttering in my pelvic area when I’m standing. Same happened with DS. I feel like boys tend to carry lower than girls, thoughts? 
  • My son’s butt was in my rib cage and lungs most throughout the third trimester. This time I am having a girl and she is still low. I think there is an old wives tale saying one carries low and the other high but I don’t remember.
  • My son’s butt was in my rib cage and lungs most throughout the third trimester. This time I am having a girl and she is still low. I think there is an old wives tale saying one carries low and the other high but I don’t remember.
  • I’m having a girl and her head is always engaged with my cervix 
  • I'm team green and there's always a baby part in my cervix, to the point where I feel like I have something that's coming out of my vagina. It's an awful sensation. I have no pain, cramps or need to push, it's just annoying. 
    Symptoms: cankles
  • @wildtot I had a woman tell me today she co ukd tell I was having a boy bc I was so high, but with DS I carried so low everyone was like, "you've already dropped!" Which was so not true lol. At my last appt he was transverse so maybe him bumping his butt out make my bump look higher? Who knows! 
  • Sorry about four of the same posts. Mobile app seems to be acting up.
  • Sorry about four of the same posts. Mobile app seems to be acting up.
  • My ass and thighs are so sore! Yesterday we spent the day at the beach, so lots of running around in the sand with DD and jumping over waves. This morning hubby, DD and I took a nice walk, this afternoon my butt and thighs feel like I ran a marathon. It's freaking me out, am I getting totally out of shape? I've put on 12-15lbs, I'm hydrated, I make sure to move daily...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere it could be that your body is just not use to the added weight or you did more than your usual day today. It’s definitely harder for me to do certain things these days and feel like i got hit by a bus after a long day of being out and about. 
  • edited April 2018
    @runsomewhere I've been feeling the same way lately, if it makes you feel any better.  I'm still teaching dance classes with my little ones, which really isn't too intense, more like toe tap, toe tap, toe tap, and switch!  But within the last couple weeks, my legs have felt like I've been through a big work out.  Admittedly, I've put on more like 30 pounds, though...I was a little underweight before getting pregnant (let's make that the excuse for tons of eating). 
  • Sorry for the long post ladies.
    Nice to see I'm not the only one with these symptoms. Every time I call the doctor I feel more lost than before. The doctor says if anything is concerning I can come in but Idk what is concerning bc I've never been pregnant before.
    I have sharp pain in my pelvis sometimes and sometimes when baby moves it makes it way worse, probably bc she is ALWAYS low unless I'm laying down then she stretches out. Sometimes the sharp pain is in my vagina, like i'm being stabbed with a knife. But I don't think they're contractions or at least they aren't rhythmic enough to tme them. It concerns me bc I usually have a high pain tolerance but I also think I'm just being a worry wart bc I dont want anything to be wrong so i psych myself into thinking the pain is worse than it is.
  • Sorry for the long post ladies.
    Nice to see I'm not the only one with these symptoms. Every time I call the doctor I feel more lost than before. The doctor says if anything is concerning I can come in but Idk what is concerning bc I've never been pregnant before.
    I have sharp pain in my pelvis sometimes and sometimes when baby moves it makes it way worse, probably bc she is ALWAYS low unless I'm laying down then she stretches out. Sometimes the sharp pain is in my vagina, like i'm being stabbed with a knife. But I don't think they're contractions or at least they aren't rhythmic enough to tme them. It concerns me bc I usually have a high pain tolerance but I also think I'm just being a worry wart bc I dont want anything to be wrong so i psych myself into thinking the pain is worse than it is.
    Sounds like SPD