Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL Week of 4/9

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: If you could choose to be anyone from the Harry Potter Universe, who would you be?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

Re: TTCAL Week of 4/9

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dpjennifer WTO is just as frustrating as TWW...hoping you O very soon!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC at 8 weeks in February

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? I'm just trying to keep a positive mind and trying not to be too let down if AF comes.  I tend to get too upset about things that are out of my control. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  Maybe a FRER tomorrow

GTKY: If you could choose to be anyone from the Harry Potter Universe, who would you be?  I'm prepared to be flamed...I've never seen any of the movies!  I've always said I wanted to read the books before I saw the movies and I only read the 1st book years ago...and then stopped there.  :#  Not because I didn't like it, because I really did...but I guess I just got lazy.  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @eleven_ I really love what you posted about grief.  You always find things like that, that capture what I can't find the words to say.  I really connected with the unfurling part. We just planted a couple Japanese maples and their leaves have been unfurling so that visual tied with feelings is pretty strong right now.  Thank you for sharing that. 

@KristoKekerooni - I don't even have the right words to say to you. I would be giving the middle finger to the sky and now on top of it you have major decisions to make.  It seems crazy that the world doesn't stop when something like this happens.  It's so hard to deal with what's happened in the past while trying to look at and plan the future. I don't really have anything constructive to add because I'm still struggling myself. I really wish I did. 
    Can we get Harry Potter's wand up in here?  I think some of us could really use some of that magic. 
  • Options
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.: 2 losses- one cp, one in wk 13

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Things are ok. Had a long chat with a friend this weekend- she’s 30 and not sure she wants to have kids, but also knows from her medical/family history it will be tough for her if she does, so she’s trying to plan for the future. It was a really interesting conversation, and I hope whatever she decides will work out well for her. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have unofficial results back from my MRI, and it looks like I have a small uterine septum (it’s borderline if it even counts, from what I’ve seen online). Waiting to hear from the RE as to whether they want to do anything about it, or if it’s not worth the risks of surgery. 

GTKY: If you could choose to be anyone from the Harry Potter Universe, who would you be? I didn’t read the last couple of books, but Hagrid always struck me as a cool dude who was trying to live a chill life. He kept neat magical animals and was a good, friendly person to those around him and who did a lot more to help than people gave him credit for.  Hermione is really cool, though, as a nerdy bookworm she was my favorite character when I read them.
  • Options
    zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited April 2018
    @KristoKekerooni I am so sorry for all of the uncertainty and that you may have to continue to explore options after so much heartache. It's incredibly unfair how long this journey has been for you already. I hate to be that person who suggests things because I know you guys have already done so much, but I'm going to anyway. Have you talked to your RE about: (1) suppressing your immune response with heparin or lovenox; (2) intralipid infusions (I admit I don't know a lot about intralipids but they are all the rage I guess, you may have tried these already) (3) did you do an endometrial receptivity test to make sure your dr is transferring at the right time? 

Talking with my RE, she basically has given me two reasons for unexplained RPL. One is genetic issues with the embryos (i.e., in my case, DH and I are genetically healthy, but our embryos are not so good), the other is that my body may be attacking the embryo, some kind of immune response that hasn't come up on any tests (she thinks there is an immune component to some RPL patients' cases that currently is not well understood). So her pitch to us is that we should do IVF with PGS so that we know that we are transferring a good embryo. She said if we transferred one PGS normal embryo that did not result in a successful pregnancy she would put me on heparin. Apparently heparin quiets the immune system. It's a serious drug with possible risks so she would not prescribe it unless she knew I had lost a pregnancy with a normal embryo. eta on the receptivity test - my RE seems to be of the mind that you either get pregnant or you don't, and if you get pregnant there is not a receptivity problem meriting an ERA, however, I have heard some RE's think differently about this which is why I mentioned it. 

Again, I am so sorry. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin , I'll talk all the suggestions I can get! 
    So, To answer all those, my doc is of the opinion that it either implants or it doesn't, so they didn't recommend an ERA, especially since a couple of my losses were later (past 8 weeks), so it seems implantation was pretty strong. I sorta have to agree, based on my limited research, but I might try it because why not? As far as intralipids, we are adding them in to this next transfer, but doctor doesn't think it's the make it or break it kinda deal. I was already on the full immune protocol, and the only thing I didn't do on the protocol was intralipids, due to back ordering issues. Together, it all makes a difference, but individual components of the protocol shouldn't make it or break it. Part of that protocol was baby aspirin and lovenox, so I have tried that part of it. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @KristoKekerooni Argh. Well, how frustrating that you've already tried the immune protocols. I do know (also from my RE), sometimes even PGS normal embryos just don't work out for unknown reasons. How helpful, I know. 
  • Options
    @galactickates I have a Harry Potter wand from Universal Harry Potter World in Florida. I took my cheerleaders on a trip over Christmas because they performed in the halftime show of the bowl game. We went to HP world and all got wands and walked around doing spells. Sadly, it hasn't worked since we left...

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.  1 loss 5 days ago. BFP 2/26, miscarriage 4/4.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Currently still bleeding from the MC. Wondering when it will stop. Wanting to try again. The baby was sort of a surprise as we didn't expect to get pregnant that quickly and I have wrapped my head around there being 4 of us now in our family. DH doesn't seem as convinced but I am working on it.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No.

GTKY: If you could choose to be anyone from the Harry Potter Universe, who would you be? I am a SUPER Harry Potter fan! I'd say probably Molly Weasley. I know she's not the most popular character of the book series, but the fact that she cares so much for Harry and Hermione as though they were her kids (when she already has a brood) is endearing to me. Also, she takes care of everyone and everything and was pretty bad ass in the last book up against Bellatrix.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    MMC 2/12 MMC molar pregnancy 8/17

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?
    My body acted like it was going to O then changed it's mind.  I had another near positive opk today, so hopefully things will work out. I am glad O delayed, because I was O-ing early and that would make me most likely out for next cycle too.  but  I am nervous that whatever was making me not menstrate or ovulate last year is happening again. I wasn't temping or using opks for the first few cycles, but I was definitely having symptoms like I was about to ovulate, and it was happening a few times each month.  
    Emotionally, I keep finding myself excited to hopefully get pregnant again, which excited is not a feeling I have really been allowing myself for a while, because at the same time I feel excitement, I almost instantly get upset because we can't try for what is still undetermined time, plus I am terrified it will be another loss.
    DH and I have been talking, he really doesn't want to try if we have a loss again.  He says he hates to see how I am, and he hates that o have all these sad anniversaries (he gets sad too, but knows the dates bother me more and he feels helpless). We did discuss things in detail, and he did say if it is early, he would probably try again if we do have another loss.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?
    I had to take a pregnancy test to get a script from my doctor, I was aggravated because I told them my period ended the day before. I was surprised how much that bothered me.

GTKY: If you could choose to be anyone from the Harry Potter Universe, who would you be?
    I don't really know much about harry Potter, so I have no clue.  Maybe. I will take a BuzzFeed quiz and let you know what they think, lol.
  • Options
    @eleven_ Thanks for the rec!  I actually just downloaded the Sorcerer's Stone on Amazon to reread, but I may have to do the audiobooks on my commute to/from work (almost 2 hours roundtrip).
    @dpjennifer I know, I know, I'm missing out!  But, y'all lit a fire under my arse.  :D

• Options
    @KristoKekerooni First cycle after a loss is awful, its not like there is a definitive 'this is what it should be' so you just get to hang around waiting. 

@holly321 I think that would bother me too, although I understand they might have a protocol they have to follow. But a period a few days before is a pretty clear sign you aren't preggers 
  • Options
    @cassafrass15 - I do the same thing. I hold in my feelings until I'm alone,  in the car or when DH runs to the store, or in the shower.  There is something about being by yourself that your forced to sit with your thoughts and feelings.  I'm sorry you're going through this again.  I really am. :heartbreak:
  • Options
    @cassafrass15 , Yeah, exactly. It feels crazy. Especially because my last loss was a PGS-tested embryo. So like, why bother if nothing will work ? 
    I really hope whatever you try works for you. <3 
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options

holly321 Sorry for all the emotions. I wish your DH had a crystal ball that could tell the future! I’d love to know if/when I will get PG with a take-home baby! To know if all these losses and heartbreak are worth it. And I’m sure you’d love to know too!  I know what you mean about getting excited but also terrified. For the last few losses I just felt like I could NOT go through this again and was thinking about giving it all up. But as time went on, I started to feel apprehensive about trying again. Then I get excited like you’re feeling… and hopeful to be PG again. Although still terrified about having another MC, I am hopeful for the future. It’s this cycle of suck! Good luck working through all the emotions that come with it. Also, URGH to the doctor making you take a test when you KNOW you’re not PG! I went to have an x-ray at the dentist last year and they asked if I was PG before I went to do it and I laughed at them… because I was on CD 3, still bleeding, the first cycle after MC… and I’m a depressed crazy person.

lokibear89 Ugh. Sorry about the irresponsible oops PG after DH’s sister. It sucks to see the injustice that surrounds who can become and keep a PG, and who can’t. Any chance she’d have it and you could adopt it? (sorry if this is too bitter or presumptuous.)

clbness  YES!!!!  Glad I could influence someone for good. I’m usually just a BAD influence. Hehe.

cassafrass15 Ugh, 4 weeks must seem like forever to wait for the testing news. I’m sorry and am sending you patient vibes. (God knows I’d need them in your situation!) Remember that you probably still have PG hormones in your body and you’re dealing with all of these emotions with those hormones that are making everything worse. I often felt more depressed after DH went to bed, when I just couldn’t sleep or do anything else. I just felt numb and depressed. I hope you can start to feel a little better and lighter soon.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer Apparently this is also her second pregnancy but she wants to keep this one, also the guy who got her pregnant has also got a 15 year old girl knocked up around the same time. DH is pissed and doing his level best not to take out his own disappointment on her. Easier because we only message or skype as they are on the other side of the world. 
  • Options
    @KristoKekerooni  I’m so sorry you find yourself having to make this type of decision. Please know I’ve been thinking about you and I hope you have the peace of mind to make the right choices. 
    @galactickates I’ve read your story many times but every time my heart breaks for you. Unfortunately you and I have a special bond (#1tubeunite) :) but I hope and pray your right “picks up” the most perfect egg. (Hugs)
    @eleven_ I’m sorry you are having a hard time,  I have also had to think quite a bit lately of not having another child. It’s so frustrating and I’m trying to be strong but some days...not so much! Love the quote/passage!
    @oaklandava  I’m so sorry you’ve found yourself here. I hope your body starts to heal quickly so emotionally you can heal. I found my loss so much worse when my physical symptoms were high.
    @holly321  I’m sorry your body is not being clear in what it’s doing. I’m also sorry your DH may not want to “maybe” try again, but I’m in the same situation. The day of my surgery I wasn’t sure I wanted to and my DH was completely okay with that. I’ve since decided I wanted to but I’m not sure my DH does, mostly bc those days were dark...and he cares so much for me. I hope you and your husband can come to the same understanding and that you both are comfortable with the decision. It is a team effort, and I have to remind myself of that daily!

I’m sorry I haven’t been more active. Easter weekend was rough (see below) and then work has been crazy. But I’ve been lurking and love titing and rooting for you all!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. TTC since Jul/Aug17. Ectopic feb18, ending in right tube removal and benched status for 6 months (4 months left!!!)

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Where do I begin? Mentally/emotionally I’m better than last week. **TW we would have announced on Easter weekend so it was a pretty emotional weekend for me **end TW 
    work has been ridiculous, 12+ hours thenlast week, including the weekend, and no end in sight. I should be working right now but I said enough and am having a glass of wine :) 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I’m not sure if I ever posted (and too lazy to look back) but my hcg went back to 0 so everything is good on that end and now we wait....4 more months we wait, to see if my left tube even performs!

GTKY: If you could choose to be anyone from the Harry Potter Universe, who would you be? Um...little early for FFFC but I’ve never seen the HP films nor have I read the book :( 
  • Options

lokibear89 UGh, she and her future baby daddy sound like real winners! Glad you don't have to physically interact with them. I couldn't even deal with that. I totally couldn't keep my mouth shut if I had to deal with her, even on an irregular basis... I've got way too much rage/depression/anxiety issues, especially with RPL. She seems to embody everything wrong and the injustice of reproduction in the world. Good luck with that situation!!!!

nmbrcrnchr1 Sorry Easter was so emotional for you. That had to have been rough. It sucks when holidays/events/etc are ruined because of MC. Glad you're feeling a bit better. Also, WHA!?!? with not seeing HP. Seriously, listen to the audio books by Jim Dale. They are excellent. And you could listen to them while you're driving/cleaning/contemplating stabbing someone/etc.!! 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @galactickates Thanks - and you hit the nail on the head, especially about letting my feelings flow when I’m in the car. With sappy music. Ugh.
    @KristoKekerooni This might be totally creepy, but I’ve been following your journey for a while and I have been and will continue to root for you. 
    @dpjennifer Patience is a virtue I do not possess, so thanks for the good vibes. I have a suspicion that I’m going to google myself into a stupor while waiting for those results...
  • Options
    cassafrass15 Patience is definitely something I lack as well! Big time. Good luck with Dr. Google and I hope you can try to remain sane for a few more weeks!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @cassafrass15 , not creepy at all, when I'm posting on a public forum. ;). But thank you, I appreciate that so much. <3 

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options

@holly321 I’m so sorry your DH said he doesn’t want to try again if you experience another loss. I sometimes feel so bad for my DH because I know that seeing me so depressed makes him feel helpless. I know men feel deeply about going through a loss, but it’s so much easier for them to not think about it all the time. I’m sometimes jealous that DH gets to live so carefree.
    @lokibear89 Ugh, I hate hearing about accidental pregnancies! Especially when they are unwanted. It makes me feel rage, bitterness, envy… basically just every negative emotion possible. I’m sorry you are feeling like everyone else’s good luck charm. FX that you are your own lucky charm this cycle <3
    @cassafrass15 4 weeks is such a long time to wait. You are completely justified to feel worried and defeated. I’m so sorry you are going through this.
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I’m so sorry Easter was so hard for you. I really wish that I could forget all the triggering dates. I have the hardest time remembering my own anniversary, yet I will have pregnancy milestone dates engraved in my head forever. Your work always sounds so crazy! How many hours do you work a week?

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

• Options
    @CraftyG Thanks. I know what you mean about realizing you're lucky. I kind of had that epiphany last night. After losing my parents and grandparents and being the oldest in my family at the age of 26, I kind of just went through this period where I felt so down and out. Then I realized, I have a job, a husband, a house, food, clothes, money...etc. I'm so much luckier than so many people and I felt bad. But it's normal, we all do it girl.

@lokibear89 I totally get it..the "why not me" thing. I've been horrible about it lately and I feel like such a bad person, but I don't think we're bad people for wanting something so badly. You definitely are not alone in that<3

Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga