TTC After a Loss

April WTO

Didn't see a post for this so starting it up.

Re: April WTO

• CD1 and dreading the next few days. First AF post D&E. Not gonna lie, I'm terrified of how bad this is going to be. I have training for work on Tue and Wed and have no clue what it entails for restroom breaks....
  • @prpl11butterfly my first AF was super heavy and I've also heard that from other ladies too. I'd just be prepared with super absorbant tampons/pads or maybe double up if you're not sure about your break schedule. Black pants too :)

AFM, CD 3 today. I only had a 17 day cycle last month because the Lupron made me O around CD 6, so I'm glad to be resetting my body with a new cycle. Natural cycle FET planned for this cycle,  probably somewhere around April 24th. First monitoring appointment is April 14th on CD 10. I have an appointment with my RE on Monday to talk about what happens if this transfer doesn't work.  I'll have 7 embryos left at that point. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Loading the player...
  • My hCG is officially "normal" - tested at 5 on Thursday. Doctor said to expect to ovulate in the next 2-3 weeks. 

So I am putting myself here for now I guess ... we aren't actively TTC at this point but I flat out refuse to completely bench myself for the purpose of convenient dating purposes since no medical professionals I have spoken to could give me a medical reason to do so.

Besides, I actually like the cycle tracking. It was something I have been doing since early last summer as we prepped to conceive and makes me feel more normal.

So... we'll just wait and see what happens this month!
  • @tosh24 I'm actually planning for all that plus a puppy pad for my car seat incase it doesn't go well. FX this cycle works and Monday's talk end up moot!

@bethica83 I ovulated almost immediately after I hit normal. I had a faint faint + hpt on Friday, a - that following Tue and thays actually the day I ovulated. I agree with not benching for convenience. That's absurd. We didn't.
  • I didn't get any mosquito bites when I was in Central America so I've removed myself from the bench and now just WTO!  I am armed with my Ava bracelet (convinced that this thing doesn't accurately predict ovulation) and ovulation sticks and determined to get after it this month!
  • @prpl11butterfly thinking of you! How are you feeling today? I either missed ovulation or it hasn't happened yet. I am at my usual cover-line temps for BBT so I *really* don't believe I have ovulated - which is why I'm here in this thread - but who knows. Definitely noticing changes in CM but it's so different from pre-MC that all I can do is observe and document at this point. Maybe I'll be able to look back over it in the future and see what was going on but for now it's day by day!

@BuckeyeNut05 Yay off the bench!! :smile: I really wonder about that Ava bracelet myself. Not sure it's worth the investment just yet for myself. Has the information been generally useful in any way?

@tosh24 FX for you this month - a nice clean slate for you this month and it sounds like you have a solid plan!
  • @bethica83 AF is definitely not being easy on me but otherwise I'm doing okay. Really looking forward to getting this over so we can give it another go. Hopefully you didn't miss O and can have a shot this cycle!

@BuckeyeNut05 woohoo for being back in the game! I was curious about Ava but then someone mentioned in the TTGP boards that Fitbit is adding fertility tracking using RHR in their new smartwatch. I looked into it and sure enough, they are so.....I'm running out to buy it next Monday when it's released lol.
  • @bethica83 definitely some good information with regard to tracking BBT. It seems to be way more accurate (and easier) than taking it when I wake up. So it's interesting, but I have my doubts. I enter my temp from there into the Ovia app for a 2nd opinion on predictions.
  • @prpl11butterfly yeah!!!  You'll have to let me know what you think. It would be nice to have everything all in one instead of swapping morning once I wake up and then again before I go to bed. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I struggled with BBT for a while but I think I have a good process now. I have an alarm for 5am - I take my bbt and then I usually go back to sleep! This morning I fell asleep with the thermometer in mouth and had to do it 2x womp womp. My thermometer stores the temps and syncs to an app on my phone which I then move the data to Ovia. How many apps does a girl need??? LOL

When I checked the app, I must have just fallen asleep right before the thermometer beeped - it was pretty close to my 2nd temp.

I just got a Samsung Gear smartwatch so I think I will wait on getting anything new unless you all come back and say the fitbit is a MUST.

• @bethica83 I temp at 530 and go back to sleep. I like to think that someday I'll get up and go work out instead :joy: What thermometer do you use that links like that? If I'm in this game longer, that might be nice. And also, I used 3 apps when ttc the loss. Now I'm only using 1 until fitbit launches theirs (which I'm thinking will be next week with the new watch).  I'll use them side by side until I'm confident with fitbits.
  • It is called the Fenometer and it connects to my phone via bluetooth. Here is the amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Femometer-Thermometer-Accurate-Fertility-Ovulation/dp/B0719LK182/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1523304864&sr=8-2&keywords=femometer

It has its own app which will also read OPKs for you when you take a photo which is also nice but I'll say the app is not as good as Ovia as far as interface goes but it sure lets you track lots of info. So I kind of use them both right now.

And yeah I really should just get up and work out too @prpl11butterfly ... maybe tomorrow!
  • Looks like I either missed O or it didn't happen. My guess is it did not. AF is here (right on time if we consider D&C CD1) so now I definitely belong here.

So let me start over.

CD1 and I am glad I WFH. Also decided to start using a menstral cup this cycle. It was not as hard to insert as I expected so we will find out how good of a job I did.

So since we're on the topic.... what is everyone's favorite feminine hygiene product? Pads? Tampons? Cup? Sponge? Other???

I was using sponges and loved them but it can be hard to know how "clean" they are. They were way better than tampons and I can't stand pads. I figure a cup won't be all that different for me once I get the hang of it!
  • @bethica83 I read it's very common to not O. But glad you can also get started actually trying. FX for us this cycle!

I use tampons but have been thinking about changing to a cup. I was planning to after baby. I think I'm still going to push it out until after.

Just a heads up, this period was the heaviest I've ever had. I used 5 super tampons on CD2. 
  • I am on CD25 and don't think I am going to O this cycle. I don't really have a "normal" right now. After my MC in December I didn't have AF until March when the doctor put me on progesterone to start AF. They checked my thyroid and hormone levels then and nothing was a reason for concern. So here I am...my DH and I are just BDing away until something happens. 
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• I’m moving over here finally! CD 1 and off the bench! Ready for this new start! 
  • @bethica83 I bought a cup but based on my age and the fact that I've had kids, the instructions said to buy the bigger size which turns out is uncomfortably big. I just haven't gone back to the store to grab the smaller size yet. In the meantime, I use cloth pads.  I get a bad skin reaction (like a burn) from disposable pads so I switched over last year and I will never look back. I forget I have AF half the time because it feels like I'm wearing nothing.  And cleaning them isn't as gross as I thought it would be - it's really NBD. I wear tampons maybe twice a year out of necessity but otherwise hate them.  I'd really rather not shove chemical laden materials up my hoo-ha. I get a migraine every time I use a tampon so I know my body is sensitive to all the chemicals. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 I'm so with you on not wanting to use the "modern" conveniences full of god only knows what. I may have to try cloth pads sometime. The disposable ones are uncomfortable for me in that I feel like I am wearing a soggy diaper. Gross. If I was ok with cleaning out a sponge I don't see why a cloth pad would be icky to me haha. And yeah I just don't want to put chemicals in there. I've heard the sizing thing for cups can be tricky and most reviews recommend to start with the small one. I did not get the big brand, I got a cheaper, less known brand and their sizing was different. They actually recommended you select your sizing based on where your cervix sits during menstruation. Which makes a hell of a lot more sense to me!! (I got the Blossom, large)

@michadahn ugh that's frustrating. Nothing wrong with extracurricular BDing though ;)

@prpl11butterfly I thought about waiting too then was like "meh no, might as well get used to it now." It's such a personal choice!!! And... we'll see how today goes. I work from home so I can go to the bathroom every 10 minutes if I need!! I hope it isn't too bad. I guess I'll get lots of cup practice. 

@char245 Woohoo for being off the bench!! I am glad we don't have to do the waiting parts of TTC completely alone. It's good to have people to share this with.

• @bethica83 that will be helpful then. I can't imagine trying it for the first time with what I went through. 

As far as pads, I do despise them too and only use them for back up at night generally. But I have found Kotex Security are not as rash inducing as others. They have a cotton like too layer. Reusable were also something I considered but decided not for now. I do think I could get behind reusable liners if the cup works out well.
  • Oh, and so exciting @char245
  • @bethica83 I have been using the Diva Cup for almost 2 years and I love it!  Not the most friendly to change at work sometimes, and I've definitely had days where it wasn't situated correctly and I leaked, but overall a great experience and I highly recommend!
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I have read about the Ava bracelet. I am not regular enough to be able to use it, but it looks wonderful! I wonder if I could still use it for BBT. Something to think about!

@bethica83 That is for sure!
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• @MicahDahn it is definitely good for BBT tracking!  It may even work with irregular cycles, it predicts O based on a combination of temp, breathing and pulse rates.  I think it gets mine pretty closely, but since I am type A I use the sticks too. :)
  • Day 1.  I knew it was coming, but am still disappointed.  At least we can get testing started now.
  • @bakerstreetboys bittersweet!

I am on CD3 and it is my birthday. Bleh. First AF since D&C. So far it isn't worse than my usual cycle though the cramps have been a bit worse. Usually CD3 is where things wrap up for me so we'll see if it slows down today.
  • @bakerstreetboys it's always dissapointing when AF shows. Doesn't make any difference if we are expecting or not because everything we hope says "it's not certain until". We all want to be the SS.

Happy birthday @bethica83! Hope AF let's you off the hook now!
  • @prpl11butterfly Always.  Since I just had a bit of spotting yesterday I spend way too long Googling "implantation bleeding at 12DPO".  There's always that tiny bit of hope and then crushing disappointment.
  • @bakerstreetboys Google is my best frenemy on days like that ...

@prpl11butterfly I hope so! Would be a nice birthday gift.
  • @bakerstreetboys sorry for the disappointment! Hopefully focusing on next steps will help! 

@bethica83 happy birthday! 
  • Testing finally booked.  I knew this was going to be time consuming, but wow, it's going to mean taking a lot of time off work!  Back and forth for blood work and ultrasounds.  Nervous about the saline u/s; is it painful?  I've read that it's just uncomfortable and can cause cramps.
  • bakerstreetboys Are you having a saline sonogram? Or HSG dye test? (My RE does dye test first and saline only if you need it. But I know some REs do both automatically depending on your situation). I didn't have a problem with either of them. They did recommend taking OTC pain meds before the HSG, which I did but it was no biggie. Actually, when the nurse was first telling me about the tests she mentioned it can cause cramps and be painful/uncomfortable... then looked at my loss history and was like "Oh, but you probably won't have a problem with everything you've been through." I was like... uh... thanks?  Anyway, some people have no issues with it, and others experience a lot of cramps. Take some OTC pain meds beforehand just in case!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @bakerstreetboys I had both the saline and the dye test. My nurse scared the crap out of me before I had it with all the warnings about pain and such. I wish she hadn’t said any of that because I worried for nothing. I know everyone is different but I felt no pain from it at all. But I know what you mean about being time consuming! Just from testing alone I think I had to go to six different appointments! I’m not sure how people go through this unless they have a flexible schedule.
  • I’m jumping over here.  Spotting starting so just waiting for the flow to call RE
  • @dpjennifer and @char245, thanks for replying.  I'm having the saline one done, but it isn't clear whether it's just for uterus or tubes too.  I'm supposed to take Advil an hour before and an antibiotic starting the night before the ultrasound.  I'm sure you're right; after going through other things, this can't be too bad.

@Mack2342 Sorry, I was hoping not to see you over here :(

• @Mack2342 sorry you’re back over here, I was really hoping this was the one for you! 
  • Full blown AF.  I’m officially CD1
  • CD5 I had some pretty significant spotting yesterday... almost a flow but not quite and just a tiny bit this morning so I think AF is over for me. Has anyone used the sperm meets egg plan in here before? Thoughts?

@Mack2342 :( good luck with the RE testing.