Infertility

Surgery

I wrote this big long post a week ago, just came to check and update it and realized I never posted it. I had surgery today to remove my right fallopian tube. She was pretty confident that once that was removed we could conceive with the left, but she ran dye through lefty during the surgery and nothing came out. She kept it there, and said that in 6 weeks when I've healed, she will do an hsg on the left and try to unblock it. I'm still in pain, groggy and on drugs so I don't know how I feel. Honestly it still feels like I have no answers. Because I kind of already guessed my left was blocked, but now it's kind of another waiting game to see if it can be unblocked or if we need to pursue IVF. I'm trying to just relax, but I've cried a bit. I'm sorry I haven't been very good at commenting. I'll try to be better. 

Re: Surgery

• Hey there, I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. It's perfectly normal to be feeling pretty rotten after something like this - you've just had surgery so be kind to yourself and allow yourself to recover. Don't worry too much about the hsg - many women here have had tubes unblocked that way (including myself - and I'm a total wuss!) IF is the worst, because of the lack of answers - it always one thing after another and it can be so frustrating. IVF might be a route and if it comes to that you'll be able to deal with it  - but that's still far down a road you may not have to travel - so try not to worry about that yet. Just be good to yourself and be proud that you have now got over a massive hurdle <3<3 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited April 2018
    I’m sorry you’re feeling like you still haven’t gotten the answers you’ve been waiting so long for.  I just had my left tube and *TW* what remained of my right after my EP *end TW* removed so I know what you’re going through.  Try to take it easy while you recover, I know it’s not as quick as you’d like but nothing in this processs seems to be quick.

::hugs::
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds Hey doll I’m sorry you’re feeling so down. Any diagnosis is like a punch in the gut when you’re ttc. Like @roisis said many women on here have had their tubes unblocked from a HSG so don’t give up just yet! The waiting is definitely the hardest part, trust me, I did my ER in freakin Dec, needed surgery in Jan, benched till April and finally while I was Prepping for my FET we had an unfortunate family tragedy so here I am waiting for my next AF to restart the whole FET process again. You’re in the right place we all on here in one way or another can empathize. Heal from your surgery and please be kind to yourself.