September 2018 Moms

Appointments week of 4/9

Any appointments this week? Any concerns or questions about them?

Re: Appointments week of 4/9

• Loading the player...
  • nlc8424 said:
    Got to hear heart beat on doppler (plus some kicks!) And scheduled my anatomy scan for the 30th. Also did second tri blood work. Yay for boring appointments!
    Oh right, bloodwork. They do the AFP draw sometime 16-18 weeks so I guess I'll probably have to stop by the lab for that after my appt since I'll be past 18 weeks when I go back for my anatomy scan.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @ashh2018 Good luck today. I hope the practice isn't as difficult to deal with as they were last time.

• @ashh2018 with my first I thought I didn’t feel movement until at the anatomy scan and it was moving around and the tech was like “you felt THAT, right?” And I was like “oh, yeah, I guess I did! I didn’t realize that’s what it was”
  • Stupid question, and it probably maybe depends on the doctors office - but do they usually do a transvaginal or abdominal US? I can’t imagine if the appt is an hour long that they do it transvaginally...omg I hope not. I could just call but I freaking hate the office staff, as I’ve mentioned lol. I don’t need another receptionist to laugh at my questions. 
  • Thanks @southernlady07 ! Now at least I can cross that off the list of things to be nervous about haha. 
  • @ashh2018 - What @southernlady07 said - at this point it will definitely be abdominal. Typically for pregnancy purposes transvaginal are only used early on when a good view cannot be achieved using abdominal. 
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • @ashh2018 I am glad the scan went well!  I am also glad you spoke up!  I really like the doctors in my practice but cannot stand the medical receptionist at one of the locations.  I had a horrible experience with her last year, she yelled at me when I told her I would email my doctor's nurse to try to get an appointment because "she just couldn't seem to find one" I let my doctor know and she made sure they sent me a survey so I could write me comments down.  This past year I had to deal with her once, she makes you feel like you are so difficult because of the specific type of appointment the doctor wants, I will no longer go to that location because of her. 
    I still go to the same practice but just avoid that location.  Ever since I switched locations I have had fantastic appointments. 
  • @ashh2018 happy you had a good appointment and spoke up! Always a fan of advocating for your care.

Also glad for you @starla for an uneventful appointment.
  • @ashh2018 I'm glad you and YH said something! I hope it improves your care as well as their other patients' care. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @yosemite2018 Thanks for the heads-up! We are going to try, but will be prepared if they say no. I’m still planning to be present and enjoy getting to see the baby! All I was saying is that I was not fully present during the NT Scan. I was in my head a focusing more on the doctor than on the baby. Good luck to you! I hope they get all of the pictures this time! 
  • Anatomy scan and monthly OB appt is next Monday. Hoping contractions start slowing up I really don’t want to go to the hospital any sooner...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Anatomy scan and monthly OB appt is next Monday. Hoping contractions start slowing up I really don’t want to go to the hospital any sooner...
    My midwives started me on 500 mg Magnesium supplement and 1000 mg calcium to try to help me last time. It couldn't hurt to ask your doctor if something like that would be safe for you-you're already doing shots, but I don't think doing extra vitamins to help would be a bad idea either as long as your doc thinks it's safe of course.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeamocktail doc office is already closed today..cramping is starting to go a little lower and I had some bright red spotting just a bit ago when I went to the restroom. I feel like a trip to early labor dept to be monitored is in my future..

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • @pourmeamocktail doc office is already closed today..cramping is starting to go a little lower and I had some bright red spotting just a bit ago when I went to the restroom. I feel like a trip to early labor dept to be monitored is in my future..
    Not good, sounds like you need to go in. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
    I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!
    Thinking of you. I hope all is ok.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Yes, please go in. We are all rooting for you!  @megnwingate
  • @megnwingate Good luck, I hope it's nothing!

Thinking of you ❤ Hope everything is fine!
  • @megnwingate thinking of you! Hope everything is okay. 
  • @megnwingate sending good vibes your way, girl! <3