December 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

edited April 2018 in December 2018 Moms
Let's bitch the day away ladies
Always hold on to hope ❤

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    @pinapplekittycrown Lol right? Like, when you say you "cleaned the kitchen" that does not mean just doing the dishes and leaving everything else untouched. 
    afm:
    The person who schedules me for work is badddddgering me about a surgery I'm supposed to have in may. I haven't told her I'm PG, and I'm trying to stall until i officially cancel the surgery later this week. I know it's her job, but can i live?!?! I told you i'll let you know as soon as i know. It's really not her fault, but I hate lying about it so it would be easier if she just didn't ask. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hkom FEEL YOU!!!!!! I was excited because it's supposed to get to 40 here today :neutral:
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @morgantu UGH it's awful.  I think we are supposed to get into the 40s today.  At least it looks like the weather is finally going to break after Tuesday, with no more lows below freezing in the extended forecast, and some highs that will actually be considered "warm."  I used to say that SAD doesn't effect me too much, but the last several years from late February through early April I just want to die every time I see another cold day/night in the weather predictions.  I must be getting old.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hkom @morgantu
    I AM SO SICK OF IT BEING GRAY OUTSIDE
    #weneedvitaminD
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options
    Is this our daily random or are we doing a weekly random. Clearly this is a random post @maureenmce :smile:
  • Options
    ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited April 2018
    My complaint - I’m tired of rain. All of a sudden all of these plants (I think they are little trees) are popping up everywhere they are not supposed to! It does not help my yard look landscaped. 
  • Options
    +1 for being tired of snow!! 

Afm, my cat decides she needs to claw out wood dresser, EVERY NIGHT!!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    I can tell I'm being unfairly bitchy at work and I'm not meaning to. For instance, each day we are assigned a specific list of residents. Someone else took my primary list when they are secondary. I'd have let it slide but its becoming a thing for her. So of course i bitched but let her take the list. Then a few hours into tge shift and they have to pull someone from our unit to another unit. So then i got my list back. Of course most people would be happy. But not me. I have to bitch because i had already gotten most tof the way done with the previous list and was gonna have to start all over. Luckiky i didn't have to as most of her list was done too. 
    Hopefully ive not just rambled a bunch of nonsense to you ladies. And y'all excuse my bitchiness too. 
  • Options
    My only real bitchfest this morning is one I have around this time every pregnancy - the world is full of truly TERRIBLE smells. Every time I go outside, every few feet there's some new gross smell. So glad I don't have this sensitive of a nose all the time, I would never leave my apartment!
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    I don't know if it's hormones, work stress, my idiot brother (A topic which needs it's own thread - my goodness), the weather, or a perfect storm of everything, but every little thing feels like it's going to set me off today.  All I want to do is scream, cry for an hour or two, and then bury myself in my bed with my cats for the rest of the day. 

*deep breaths*

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My only real bitchfest this morning is one I have around this time every pregnancy - the world is full of truly TERRIBLE smells. Every time I go outside, every few feet there's some new gross smell. So glad I don't have this sensitive of a nose all the time, I would never leave my apartment!
    omg, right? Checking out at the grocery store yesterday I kept getting whiffs of something foul. I swear to god I smelled everything I put on the belt and I couldn't find it. Same at my desk. Something is not right here. I cannot identify what, and I'm going to go nuts until I do. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Bitchfest today concerns my first appointment this morning: when I called to schedule, they were ready to get me in the next day. I mentioned I was only about 4 weeks along, and got "Oh, it's fine... come in whenever." Pushed it out a few weeks... turns out this early, all they do is have you pee on a stick (surprise! I'm pregnant!) then send you for your betas, and then after that's done AND you get an ultrasound (in a separate appointment), they'll schedule you for an OB introduction... so while I saw my doctor today, she didn't even go over the basic dos and donts or any of that nonsense. Apparently, I need to be officially officially pregnant before they can waste valuable time talking to me about what that means. 

Like, fine, whatever, I've done this whole thing before and I don't really need anyone to tell me to cut back on the caffeine and cut out the wine, but like... what if I wasn't? I am concerned, in an I-haven't-had-any-coffee-yet-and-it's-Monday-morning kind of way, about all those other women out there who DO need to be warned to avoid raw eggs and soft cheeses at their first appointment, not their freaking fourth! YOU ARE ENDANGERING THE LIVES OF YOUR PATIENTS AND THEIR BABIES, DOCTOR.  WHAT IF I LEFT YOUR OFFICE AND WENT STRAIGHT TO THE SUSHI PLACE FOR BREAKFAST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T WARN ME AND MY EMBRYO GOT MERCURY POISONING AND SALMONELLA AND GREW SCALES?! 

Kinda missing my old OB now.
  • Options
    Where to begin? We told my in laws yesterday and the first thing my MIL did was scream and say “I’m going to be a grandma!” Not, “Congratulations!” or “I’m so excited for you two!” Ugh. *eyeroll* This will be a fun 9 months. 

Also, everyone and everything at work is bothering me and I’d really rather just stay in bed.
  • Options
    @AGK2015  it sounds like my OB office is going to be the same. I meet the nurse and financial department this Friday, and then I don't meet my OB until the end of the month. And this is a new doctor for me because with DS I went to the midwives, so I'm not sure how much different things will be this time around with an actual OB.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @AGK2015 with my first I didnt have any apts until I was 12 weeks (I called at 4 weeks when I found out and that was when they booked me). Turns out I should have been on blood thinners the whole time and no one knew. It was fantastic. Granted everything worked out but still. 

For my bitch its mostly that my husband apparently decided to switch cars this morning and didnt think to take my sons coat/boots out of my car. So my son got to go to daycare today in 2 sweatshirts and rain boots (its currently snowing)
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    @mckcak23 Oh my god, that's awful! How scary! So glad everything worked out.

@AGK2015 I really wish OBs would see everyone sooner, and not just to pee on a stick, but to do a full intake appointment. To prevent people who don't know the rules from being in danger, for sure, and to just check on the health of the mother - like, even if you're a second time mom or beyond, things change between pregnancies and the first few weeks are pretty crucial to catch anything that needs to be changed, medication wise, hormone level wise or whatever.

@runrinserepeat Every time I take my lunchtime walk I smell cat pee/litter wafting out of *multiple apartment buildings* and I feel like I'm going crazy because there cannot be *that* many people/buildings with a serious cat litter maintenance problem. 
  • Options
    @maureenmce it doesn’t feel real until a white coat says it’s real.
  • Options
    @AGK2015 my OB office is similar. When you call they schedule your first appointment with a nurse educator at like 10 weeks and you don’t see the doctor for the first time until like 12 weeks. And they don’t let you go a day sooner. The only reason I get an appointment sooner is because I know I am high risk. 

@hkom For real, GTFO snow!!

my bitchfest: I swear that everyone forgets how to do their freaking job over the weekend. I’ve spent all morning cleaning up mistakes other people have been making on things which are part of their basic job description. And it’s spelled out for them. And they have been working here for over a year. This happens to me every Monday. Ugh, get it together people!
    Me: 32 DH: 33
    Type 1 Diabetic
    DS: Born 2/18/17
    TTC #2: Jan. 2018 BFP: 3/27/18 EDD: 12/6/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AGK2015 My OB office is similar, they won't even entertain seeing you until you are at least 7 weeks, and then they do an ultrasound and go through a very quick, very incomplete rundown of the dos and don'ts. With my first I practically cried on phone with the scheduling assistant about how far away my appointment was going to be and kept trying to get something sooner but she just would not budge. At least this time I knew what to expect when calling, but even now my first appointment is still 10 days away and it cannot come fast enough! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Shockingly mine didn't ask how far along I am, they did ask my LMP but I even told the gal that's not accurate for an EDD because I have long cycles. So we'll see what the nurse says this Friday!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Right now I'm just wondering why my husband and I decided to wait so long before telling everyone the news!? Lol. We figured Mother's Day would be the best time, which hopefully by then, we will have an ultrasound picture to give my mom and MIL. The wait is killing me though! 
  • Options
    @CecilB93 My cycles are long too, which I tried to explain to the scheduling person while she cut me off to tell me it doesn’t matter. So I said, well you’re basing my appointment off of that correct? Yes. So actually it does matter because your assumption of when I conceived is wrong. Argh.

My MIL just called me FOUR times in a row while I was trying to sleep and then getting my kid up from her nap. She was calling to ask if she should come over today, which I already talked to her about earlier today and said yes. Sigh. This is like my biggest pet peeve, when people call you more than once because what they have to say is more important than whatever you’re doing. This is not the first time she’s done it while I was sleeping and it is the reason my phone goes on do not disturb if I’m taking a nap. :)
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @rosebud332 the do not disturb feature is definitely one of my favorite things, especially during nap time.

Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    I'll bitch some more. I noticed a few others talking about being extra crabby and i can totally relate.

In general i am a pretty mellow person. Very hard to aggravate and i let thingd roll off with little bother. I am 5 1/2 weeks and I swear every day at one point i have a mini meltdown for the past week. With my son I cant remember having mood swings like this.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options
    Ugh DH and I got in a fight yesterday because my job requires a lot of physical labor and some heavy lifting for the next 2 months. I asked him if he thought it was ok and he blew it into a fight because I disagreed with him. I feel like I can still do some of it since it’s still so early and he thinks I need to delegate ALL of it. Then he said the baby needs to be a higher priority than my work. Wrong thing to say to a tired hormonal pregnant lady!! Of course it’s my highest priority!! Uggghhh

Do any STM or ladies who’ve had appointments have any advice on what doctor’s say about physical activity in the first tri? 
  • Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't have minded waiting longer honestly, but if you're going to have me come in early... at least, like, take my medical history so you know what you're working with. My old OB got patients in early (I think roughly 6 weeks with her, too?), but did all the onboarding stuff in that first appointment, rather than waiting for the betas to go through. 
  • Options
    @nerdeebird the first time around my drs advice was to not do anything I wasn't doing prior to being pregnant. Is this normal for your job? are you used to the physical labor portion? We had a girl in my BMB who did crossfit throughout her first trimester. I would probably call the nurses line to get their medical opinion. 
  • Options
    @AGK2015 you're a better person than I am. I would have ripped that guy a new one. Holy crap. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Also LOFL @ "The Democratic Party is an inclusive organization". Um, okay. Do they accept people who want to tank all social programs? What about people who lobby for fewer gun regulations? 

I'm cranky just having read about your conversation. Agh. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat I was polite to him directly, but suffice it to say that I've already contacted the organization and shared the story with a few local progressive groups, because I feel like if I were contemplating a donation to these guys, this would absolutely be information I'd want to know so that I could NOT.
  • Options
    Long cycler here, too.  The nurse tried to convince me I was 5 weeks based on LMP when I was really 4 weeks based on when I know I ovulated/had sex.  Listen, lady...I know my body.  Also I know science.  I'm not 5 weeks.  I literally had to spell it out for her and she still didn't get it.  So I just said "OK, fine.  Then change the date of my last period to Feb 28th." She said ".....okay..." and changed it.  #eyeroll 
  • Options
    @AGK2015 Holy cow, I have half a mind to give them a call myself and rant about your conversation. WTF. First of all, if you're asking to have your name taken off the list, fine, they can ask you why (politely) but they absolutely cannot *argue* with you about it, let alone get in an abortion fight with you. What the actual hell.
  • Options
    What are you all's temperature like right now? 

I usually run on the lower end (96-97). The past three days I keep getting cold, which is a first sign of fever for me (I'm always hot). Forehead scanner says 99.1. First night I took Tylenol, but I don't want to keep having to do that.
  • Options
    @nerdeebird I second what @mckcak23 said, if it's been your normal work for a while you're probably fine thru first tri. At some point you will have to slow down, but not right away. Hell, I started working out just a few weeks before getting pregnant with DS, didn't know until I was 7.5 weeks along, and ended up squatting 100# at 5 months pregnant. You're fine!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @mommythlegend it's normal for your temp to be higher during pregnancy, and a lot of people complain about being unusually cold while pregnant.  Mine is usually around 97 and right now it's around 98.  I wouldn't worry too much about a temp of 99 but you can always call the nurse line and ask.  It's probably not necessary to take Tylenol for it though.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    Things I asked my husband to do today while I was at work. Put a load of washing on that I already organised and put into a basket. Take the rubbish and recycling out that is piling up on the kitchen bench. What did he do? No freaking clue. 

Then he continues to sit there and watch telly when I have asked him to bath our toddler repeatedly for the last 15 minutes. I have already run the bath and got his clothes and room ready for bedtime. 

Getting cranky. 
  • Options

@mommythlegend I am the same way, generally hot but freakishly cold during the first trimester. It was like this with my first and the same now. I bundle up wherever I go!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker