Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 04/09

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: - 

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?

Re: WTO Monday 04/09

• @meri-mac the bump will be here when you’re ready. Take care of yourselves first.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • @meri-mac take care of yourselves. This process can certainly wear you down and it's good to recognize when you need a break.
  • Month/Cycle: 9/6

CD: :s

WAYDTGKU: BBT/charting, OPK, coq10 and think we are going to try SMEP (unbeknownst to DH lol) 

R/R: Just so tired today. I don't think there will be enough coffee to save me (and I have unlimited supply at work....). Training tomorow and just hoping I feel better. No raves.

CS/Q: - nothin

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Probably beekeeping. I mean, my hive failed but I did learn a lot with that.

@meggyme I never really thought about the difficulty you'd face finding employment but now, I can totally see it.
  • @prpl11butterfly that’s cool that you did beekeeping! My mom wants to try it but my dad doesn’t want to.

I’ve been lucky and able to turn my numerous jobs into a positive (I have a variety of experience in my field that I’ve been able to market myself with) but currently I’m overqualified for my job and I know MANY people that have given up on job hunting because of the constant moving.
  • What's stopping your dad from agreeing? They are amazingly fasinating creatures!

Having skills and being marketable is a huge plus. It's tough to find good jobs and I can see how it's easy to stop when your constantly being looked over because of the likelihood of being "short term". And having to start on the bottom all over again..... ugh that would drive me crazy.
  • @meri-mac - you do what you need to. TTGP will be here when you're ready to join us! 

@meggyme - yay for CM! that's usually a big clue for me that something's coming. I just track the CM i can see when wiping, so for me to see it (even creamy) is a good hint that I'm starting to get ready for O. I never thought about how hard it would be for you to find work, either! :( I'm glad that you've been able to find employment. Are you happy with your job? 

@prpl11butterfly - enjoy your coffee, I hope it helps. And sorry about CD3 - ouch. :( 

@Whitmore1027 - i'd come to the animal OR finance talk. Have fun shopping with your mom today!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: pnv, charting, temping, OPK's, B complex, CoQ10, fertility testing, supplemental progesterone after O. 

R/R: going to pick up my supplemental progesterone today. A little scared about how gross the suppositories might be, but definitely a necessary evil. Still a low on the CBAD today, it usually would have turned to high today, but i haven't seen watery CM either, so I guess my body's taking its sweet time to prep this month. 

CS/Q: - nope

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Finding reliable health information online. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Making mental notes of who to go for advice here. Lol.

@Whitmore1027 I have heard so much about his finance method. I need to look into this.

@catlady2015 health info on the web is scary. It seems no matter what the condition, Google can convince you that your dying.
  • Month/Cycle: 8/6

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: everything

R/R: we started building our pond with a waterfall over the weekend.  We probably built the thing up and tore it down 10+ times.  We came up with a new game plan at dinner though. It's been a lot trickier then we both thought it would be.  This is H's second build though.  He made one at our last house but it wasn't as complicated. Our yard looks scaaaaary right now :joy: I think that was both a rant and rave.  

CS/Q: - 

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
    Buying and selling a house.  I learned so much from the process.  
  • @meri-mac Take care of yourself! I wish you the best of luck.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited April 2018
    @eleven_ - I use the wondfo opks the way I use them is once I get a + opk where the line is at least as dark as the control I mark it in FF. I keep testing until the line fades. I found that they get gradually darker for me until they are darker then the control over a couple days.  I mark all + in FF and let FF tell me when it thinks I actually O'ed.  

Also your little chickys are suuuuuper cute :love:
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 15 days past iud removal

WAYDTGKU: bd, bbt, pnv, cm, cp

R/R: I had a huge temp spike yesterday and remained high today. I woke up really late so my time was off yesterday but since it is high today I think I may have Od. Will know for sure tomorrow. 

CS/Q: - fx for crosshairs tomorrow

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Yikes... This sounds horrible but I could give a presentation on photography. I am a maternity/ newborn photographer
  • @prpl11butterfly they had chickens for a long time and had to stop getting new ones so they could travel. I think he just doesn’t want the additional work so they can more easily go on vacations.

@catlady2015 meh, I like my company and the people I work with, but the actual job feels like a step down instead of a step up toward my goal of being a supervisor. But people don’t want to hire someone to be a first time supervisor/manager without knowing they first. So constantly starting over at a new company makes it tough. I’m hoping to be able to stay with my current company for awhile, even if we move because they have offices in a lot of the places we could get orders to.

@eleven_ thanks! Your chickies are so cute and fluffy!
  • @prpl11butterfly - YES!! I used to deal with a lot of freaked out people b/c they'd consult Dr. Google and not know enough other info to know it wasn't the worst case scenario. So all sorts of fun stuff like getting info on specific health conditions, finding your instructions for medications, etc. and exercising lotsa caution on symptom checker websites. We'd always go through the horse vs. zebra talk ... and how one shouldn't automatically jump to the "I have cancer, I'm dying" scenario when they likely just have heartburn.  :s as a health librarian, I obviously can't diagnose people or tell them what's wrong with them, but we break down how these checkers work and how you shouldn't use them for certain symptoms (chest pain, worst headache ever, hemorrhaging). 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • So I just thought of a temping/chart question: I’ve been temping at whatever time I happen to wake up in the night, provided it’s not like an hour after I fall asleep. That’s led to a lot of 3am and 6am temps. Should I just go back to sleep at 3am and wait to temp until my alarm goes off at 6 or keep doing what I’m doing and come to terms with having a lot of open circles?
    Chart in spoiler

• @meggyme Do you get out of bed at 3am?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm so happy to see how busy it is here today! Sorry, I'm trying really hard not to mass tag!

Month/Cycle: 12/13

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 
    sexing

R/R: 
    I finally had my MRI this morning! I forgot how annoying they are. There was one point where it got so loud that it was shaking me so bad it almost felt like a massage lol. Now I have to wait till next month to see the neurologist (he’s booked that far out). I’m not too worried about it so I’m not stressing too much. We finally bought our plane tickets for our trip to Disney/Universal for next month! But AF is due the same day we leave… annoying

CS/Q:
    nope

Photolithography. I teach a 2 hour short course pretty much every week at work.

@meri-mac I’m sorry to see you go. I know exactly where you’re coming from though. I’ve gone back and forth on quitting TB because I’m getting too obsessed. I know my work performance is suffering. But I just can’t seem to stop! I need to find a good balance. Maybe set some rules for myself, like I’m only allowed on TB twice a day instead of every 10 min to see if someone else has posted lol. I hope you find a balance and come back soon.

@prpl11butterfly Sorry for CD3. I hate the days where coffee just isn’t enough. Hopefully your day goes by quickly and you can get to be early tonight! I have always wanted to try beekeeping! I wouldn’t be able to do it where I live now but it’s always been something on my bucket list to do someday. Do you plan on harvesting the honey?

@catlady2015 Have you gotten you test results back yet!? I don’t remember if you’ve update on this or not yet. Is your OB just assuming you have a progesterone issue and prescribing the supplements without the tests (because of your spotting, right?)? Is there any risks to that?

@eleven_ I’m so sorry for your bad mood. I couldn’t even imagine 8 people staying with us. I am such an introvert, even just the 2 people we had over yesterday was too much lol.  When are they finally leaving? Years ago when we got a fish out dog was obsessed with it!!! She would not leave it alone. She likes to go fishing and goes nuts when you reel in a fish lol.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @meggyme I would go back to sleep and only temp at 6am. Id be more concerned of why I'm awake at 3am?!? 
  • @eleven_ not usually. I just naturally wake up enough then and my first thought upon waking at anytime is to grab the thermo, so I’ve just been taking it then when I wake up.
  • @eleven_ not usually. I just naturally wake up enough then and my first thought upon waking at anytime is to grab the thermo, so I’ve just been taking it then when I wake up.
  • @meri-mac Take care of yourself darling!
    @eleven_ OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE!!
    @prpl11butterfly I definitely don't mind giving you info to get started! You can also watch his show on youtube. It's changed our lives for the absolute better! Feel free to DM me if you want some starting points! :)
    @galactickates Ohhh Ponds are so fun! Are you going to get Koi to put in it? When we own a home, I would love to build a pond! (well...get H to do it hahaha).
    @gorgeousariel FX for your crosshairs soon!
    @meggyme As far as I have learned, you want to take it while still in bed, before you move around for the day. And try to have it within the same 30 minutes each day. So, mine is usually between 7am-7:30am that I temp before getting out of bed. Your 3am to 6am is a pretty big time frame. If you usually get up around 6am, try to temp at that time every morning.
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @meggyme I would wait and temp at 6. I wake a lot at night  (don't get up, just get comfy and try to fall asleep again). Even so,  mine don't fluctuate too much by waiting.
  • @Whitmore1027 - that's really funny,  everyone asks if we're getting koi. H is going to actually put frogs in it.  We have a really awesome fish tank inside our house so the outdoor one is for the froggies and just be a  cool yard element.  
  • @meggyme If you aren't getting up, I would definitely try to be consistent with taking it at 6am. I sometimes wake up a few hours before I take mine too, but it hasn't been a problem. 
    @LJMoon6 I'm so jealous of your trip! Are you going to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter? That's a long time to wait to hear your results from the MRI. I'm glad you aren't stressing about it. I'm the biggest introvert as well so having them stay with us for so long has been mentally exhausting for me. I've been hanging out in my room a lot. They aren't leaving until Saturday  :'( 
    TW

• @galactickates Oh! That's super cool! I like that idea!! What kind of frogs? Would it be African Dwarf frogs?
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Thanks everyone. Hopefully I’ll feel more well rested after not waking myself up more to temp at 3am.
  • Lurking from TWW

@catlady2015 which progesterone do you have? Just beware if it’s the pink tablets that you might get leakage and don’t be freaked out and think you’re bleeding as it comes back out quite red... and wear a party liner. Better still, ask to switch to crinone gel. It doesn’t leak, but TMI you have to “fish out” the gel from the day before prior to inserting the one for that day. Basically all vaginal suppositories are gross in one way or another!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @eleven_ Harry Potter world is number one on my list! This trip is right around my birthday so I'm planning on using that excuse to go all out! Butter beer, a wand from Ollivander's, and whatever else there is, plus all the souvenirs lol. I'm so excited!
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @emmasemm - the label says cpd progesterone. the suppositories are yellow. i've heard horror stories about the pink ones :open_mouth: and was very relieved to not see pink/red capsules. we'll see how this goes! I do have pads just in case the leakage is more than a liner can handle. and thank goodness i work from home! I'm just worried about leaking during morning workouts.  :#
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @Whitmore1027 I honestly have no idea what kind of frogs.  Usually DH puts up a Craigs list add and picks them up. He's gotten them from people who's kids have caught them or they'll have an old swimming pool where a frog laid eggs and he'll go pick them up.  He knows exactly what kind they are usually but I have no idea.  He's the frog and fish guy lol
  • Month/Cycle:  15/8

CD:  13

WAYDTGKU: benched

R/R: I have no clue what is going on this cycle.  I felt like I was ovulating, all signs said so, but no temp shift.  I am not convinced that I didn't ovulate, because I have had poor sleep and stuff going on, so I don't feel my temps are accurate, we will see.  Not ovulating yet gives me needed time to make next cycle work, but I worry if I start to ovulate and didn't.  Non-ttc...  rant - My boss is driving me insane, rave, she retires in about 1.5 months.

CS/Q: -  none

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Autism spectrum disorder

@eleven_, aww your chicks are cute. Do you know what breed they are?  My dog is obsessed with ours, and keeps waking me up to see them in the middle of night.  I am pretty sure she wants to eat them though.  

@LJMoon6, MRI's are terrible. Will you get your results without seeing the neurologist, or do you have to wait until the appointment for them?
  • @holly321 We have 2 Easter Eggers and 2 Barred Plymouth Rock. What kind do you have? We are excited when they are big enough to put them in the coop. They are so smelly! 
    TW

• @holly321 I have to wait for the neurologist appointment. It sucks, but we are expecting the condition to be stable so I'm not really worried. It will just be nice to finally know, and to get a game plan for when/if I ever do get KU.
    *TW* TTC history