Infertility

April 2018 IUI

Re: April 2018 IUI

• *Lurking* 

@rmartin_ttc- So sorry for your loss. Hoping the next one is a sticky little!

@tinjp78- sorry to hear you are down. Keep trusting in God, you never know when his plans will work!

@wine_mama16- it’s hard not to test early, I always bought tons of cheap tests and the only time I didn’t use them was when I did my IUI.

@wishing-and-hoping- good luck with your upcoming IUI!

@linz36 how are things going?

@ginny_203 - any updates?

@Chartleib - any updates? So hard not to test early!

@lizzynyc11 - welcome, fx for your next iui

@sfield21 - welcome, hope your next iui works! We had MFI also

Hi to everyone else! I think of you all often.
  • @wishing-and-hoping @wine_mama16 and @eabrahamson Your encouragements mean so much to me, thank you. Early this week, when a friend of mine who doesn't know that I'm doing ART said that she understands what I'm going through, I didn't appreciate it so much and I felt a bit ticked off for reasons I don't really understand, must be the crazy hormones. But when you guys say that you can relate, I feel relief that finally someone truly understands. I love the support I get in this place. <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Alright, so still no sign of AF and I'm hoping that she stays faaaaaaaaaar away! However, I tested this morning and it was still suuuuuuuuper negative. But, I'm staying positive just like @tinjp78 said, I'm giving it to God and trusting in Him. I don't think I'll test again after Monday if I still don't have AF. I'll wait until like, Tuesday or Wednesday and then get some blood work done to be sure. Thanks for all the prayers and and positive vibes, I'm praying for all y'all too! 

OH! If y'all could send an extra prayer and positive vibes, I have an interview at a school to teach English Language Arts this coming Tuesday! Thanks!
    Me: 29 DH: 30Married 07/05/2008TTC since 09/2013IUI: Oct. 17 2015 BFN: 11/05/15IUI: June 14 2016 BFP: 07/04/16 (Miscarried07/06/16)IUI: Sep. 21 2016 BFN: 10/05/16IUI: Oct. 24 2016 BFN: 10/29/16IUI: Nov. 11 2016 BFN: 11/25/16IUI Feb. 26 2018 BFN: 03/08/18 (First IUI with meds)IUI March 26 2018 BFP: 04/10/18Furbaby: Copper (Shiba Inu) 3 years old

• @Chartleib I'm also hoping your AF stays away! Just prayed that you'd do well on the interview and that you'd land that job! Take care and keep your chin up.
  • So sorry to those who have gotten BFNs for this cycle.  It's so frustrating to do this month after month and have the same disappointing results.  Hang in there and know you always have a support system here of people who understand the pain you feel. 

I have my HSG test tomorrow and, of course, my brain is freaking out about all the things it could possibly turn up.  FX for it being all totally normal, so we can search for other answers as to why we haven't gotten pregnant yet.  Today is CD 7 for me and I finished my final day of Clomid.  If my *ahem* urges *ahem* are any indication of fertility, then I should be good to go, because WOW! My wife is a happy lady!  ;)

I look forward to talking to my RE regardless.  If this cycle with Clomid and Ovidrel doesn't work, I wonder if she will want to switch up other medication.  

Will keep you posted about the HSG test results.  xoxo

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @rooonilwaazlib GL on the HSG, if it'd make you feel more encouraged to do this procedure, I'd say I read in one study that doing an HSG improves the success rate of the IUI (I'm not sure if IVF included) that precedes it. I'm hoping that this month is your golden ticket!
  • @tinjp78 well that's not the worst news I've ever heard!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited April 2018
    Ummm, guys ... (now 6dpiui) before going to sleep last night, I had some pinching pain on my left side uterus area. I've already fallen asleep but DH could hear me saying 'ouch' and asked questions about it and I eventually answered though half asleep. This morning, it was still there but NOW a sharp shooting pain on my Right side below waist is worrying me. The pain is so there that I couldn't prepare breakfast well - kept spilling stuff. I know this could mean a lot of reasons but I won't be fooled this time around. Last cycle I had all the signs and symptoms Google mentioned but just left me shattered when AF came. I'm just looking at this as a side effect of the meds I took/taking. But of course there is the positive side that I'm just putting on the last of the list. Sorry for the rant. The sharp shooting pain just leaves me immobile and can't do anything but stay in the couch. I hope those of you on your TWW are doing better than me.
  • ginny_203ginny_203 member
    edited April 2018
    @tinjp78 Hoping for the best for you this month, and that your pain subsides soon.

@wishing-and-hoping @eabrahamson yes, I forgot to update my friends on the IUI board... so since my RE was talking about scheduling a *TW* D&C if we didn't see massive improvement at my scan on Friday, I started grieving this loss on Wednesday. Went through 2.5 days of hell. You can imagine our surprise when we went into the scan on Friday at 6w3d prepared for the worst and instead had a beautiful heartbeat at 120BPM and a fetal pole and baby that's measuring appropriately!!! We were shocked and overjoyed. My HCG levels are still not great - from 3700 at 6w to 6700 at 6w3d vs the 10k+ the RE would like to see, but they keep steadily increasing (although not necessarily doubling). Next scan is Thursday and hoping for more good news, but for now I know seeing a heartbeat is a huge milestone and I'm just trying to take things one day at a time :)@eabrahamson how are things going for you?

@rooonilwaazlib fingers crossed for good results during your HSG! 

• @ginny_203 OMG I'M PRAYING SO HARD FOR YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me: 29 DH: 30Married 07/05/2008TTC since 09/2013IUI: Oct. 17 2015 BFN: 11/05/15IUI: June 14 2016 BFP: 07/04/16 (Miscarried07/06/16)IUI: Sep. 21 2016 BFN: 10/05/16IUI: Oct. 24 2016 BFN: 10/29/16IUI: Nov. 11 2016 BFN: 11/25/16IUI Feb. 26 2018 BFN: 03/08/18 (First IUI with meds)IUI March 26 2018 BFP: 04/10/18Furbaby: Copper (Shiba Inu) 3 years old

• Just got off the phone with my doctor and she wants me to stop taking the progesterone suppositories and the estradiol and then test again on Wednesday with a HPT. If it's still negative we'll do a blood test. Ugh...this is a nail biter....

• @Chartleib has progesterone kept AF away for you in the past?  For whatever reason, my AF starts no matter whether I am on progesterone or not (she's real stubborn I guess).  I know for a lot of people, AF won't start until they stop the progesterone.  
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• So I took a test this morning 11dpt and got a BFN, I am not giving up hope yet and I will wait until Thursday (14dpt) to test again. 

@ginny_203 I am praying that this is it for you!

@tinjp78 I just want to send you all the love!

@Chartleib Here's hoping Wednesday's results are good!
  • @wishing-and-hoping Nope. Progesterone has never kept AF away for me in the past. She comes whether I like it or not every month. Lol. In my whole life, I've maybe skipped an entire period twice and I got my period when I was 13 and I'm almost 30 now. I'm hoping for that elusive BFP.

• Went for US and BW today on CD10 after taking 75 iu of Gonal F for the last 7 days. Follicles on right side 15, 12, 10 and follicles on left side 12, 12, 11. Lining at 11. Taking another GF shot tonight and getting another US/BW done tomorrow morning. I'm just happy the Gonal F is working :)

FX for you @Chartleib. Hoping for a good outcome on Wednesday

Question... what does *tw mean?

• @Chartleib well then hopefully lack of AF means good news!  I'm the same way.  Don't think I've ever missed a period since puberty.  Thought that meant I'd get pregnant easily... little did I know. *eye roll*
    Interesting that your doc told you to stop the progesterone/estradiol - I would want to keep on the progesterone for that support in case it was a late BFP.  But our doctors know so much more than we do, so I'm sure 2 days off of it won't change things either way.  Hoping for the BEST news for you Wednesday!

@sfield21 *tw* means trigger warning.  It is a disclaimer for news that might be upsetting to some, depending where they are in their journey.  For instance, news of a positive pregnancy test or a pregnancy loss.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @wishing-and-hoping Yeah, I'm thinking she wants to make sure that it isn't the progesterone that's delaying things. Which, I totally understand. I'm trying to stay away from Google now because it won't make a lick of difference, but it's sooooooooooooooooooo hard!! Lol. 

• @wishing-and-hoping I've taken both progesterone suppositories and progesterone in oil injections (separate months) and my AF has always stayed away until I've stopped the supplement. 

@ginny_203 aaahhhhh congrats!! so excited for you! 

My HSG test today went well, thank GAWD! Comfortability-wise, I felt like I was getting 8 pap-smears at once.  Yuck.  My doc was very excited by my results, saying everything looked to be in working order.  And @tinjp78 she did even mention how studies show there can be a bump in IUI success rates for the 1-2 cycles after the HSG! So here's hoping!

We discussed briefly what some next steps in treatment and approaches might be if this cycle doesn't get me pregnant.  She said if I were older, and had other risk factors, she'd suggest injectables in place of Clomid, but that she wants to try it another few cycles.  I'm on 50mg Clomid right now, so she said maybe she'd double my dose next time.  

I am just so relieved the HSG went well I'll gladly take every bit of temporary joy in this madness!

• tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited April 2018
    @ginny_203 My heart skipped a beat when I saw the surprise in your update! OMG!!! I'm so happy for you. I'm praying for the lil bean to grow grow grow healthy! <3

@Chartleib I'm crossing everything for your test on Wed.

@wine_mama16 My thoughts will be with you as you test on Thursday.

@sfield21 Your numbers are looking so fine! 

@wishing-and-hoping Hello!

Afm, my shooting right side below the waist pain from yesterday had disappeared, errrrrr must have been gas, sheesh! Thanks for all the love everybody. I'm feeling ok now, my TWW rollercoaster is moving slower than the last time, wherein I was so emotional and crying almost everyday. This time around, I feel more numb. As much as I want this to work, I'm just learning to protect myself from the frustration a bfn would bring. I've never had this defense before, I was always positive and so very hopeful. I'm learning that not expecting too much would be a good way to keep my mind straight. 
  • Just joining. Wishing all on here best of luck in this unpredictable fertility journey!

Had my second IUI (second one this cycle to be specific) and am anxiously entering the TWW. DH and I have unexplained infertility and recently restarted this journey after a miscarriage. We had a very complicated cycle this time where I had several good follicles and bloodwork showed I was ovulating. IUI was performed 3/25 but then a few days later I had brown bleeding and clots, went in and more bloodwork and ultrasound showed I did not ovulate. Took large dose of femara and 2 days later ultrasound showed 3 good size follicles. Triggered 9:00pm 4/6 and second IUI performed 9:00 am 4/8. Trying to stay positive but since this cycle was so bizarre it's difficult. 
  • tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited April 2018
    @missilaneous82 Welcome to the April train and I'm sorry that you have had to be here with us and for your loss.

A wonky cycle definitely brings more confusion and anxiety to all the things we're trying hard for to get KU. But, it's fun reading the stories of other ladies here who had become PG given all the wonkyness leading to their success. I hope I can read up your story of success here soon. GL with the TWW!
  • @roonilwazlib-2 glad the test went well!  HSGs are no fun, but it is cool to see the results.

@tinjp78 so glad your pain went away.  i had some minor pains like that last month and now looking back I bet they were just gas too !  :D  I've been through the positive outlook and the numb one, and mostly I think I fluctuate day to day (hour to hour) between those two.  It's just hard when you are facing the reality of the odds of IUI vs the reality that people get pregnant all the time!  And especially when everything looks good (your follicles, sex / IUI timing, etc) - it makes it hard not to be positive.

@Chartleib thinking of you and keeping my fx for good news tomorrow.

AFM, gearing up for IUI tomorrow. I've got my pineapple on deck, and decided this time I'm going to take it easy for the TWW - no exercise other than yoga/walking.  The one time I got pg I was sick and hardly moved from the couch.  I know that's PROBABLY not why but hey, if the medicine is being lazy, I'm all for it.

TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @wishing-and-hoping good luck!! A friend of mine said the same thing- didn’t move for two weeks after her first IUI and it stuck!! Fingers are so crossed for you. 

Thank you for all of your welcomes to this board. It’s really nice to have somewhere to go where people understand! Most of my friends are pregnant now and I’m one of the last ones (married) that isn’t so it’s tough for them to understand.
    AFM - took a pg test this morning negative so waiting on AF first day so I can email my clinic, go and pick up clomid and get started. 

• US and BW went well today. Follies are now at 16, 12, 10 on right and 14, 13, 13 on left. They were slightly concerned about having too many follicles, but decided to go ahead with Ovidrel anyways. I just took the ovidrel shot and going in for IUI tomorrow morning.

@wish-and-hoping looks like we'll be IUI buddies! Keeping my FX for you, hope tomorrow goes well! I had pineapple today! What does pineapple do for us?

• I haven't posted much because I am just so overwhelmed by all of this.  I just starting taking 100 mg Clomid yesterday...I'll finish that on Friday.  The plan is for an ultrasound on Monday and IUI on Tuesday, most likely.  I'm nervous and excited at the same time.  :)  I love reading everyone's stories and the support you all have for each other!  
    Me: 40, AMH 0.4  DH: 32
    Married: 7/30/17
    TTC since: 4/2017
    IUI #1: planned for 4/2018 - cancelled due to insufficient follicle size/growth.  :(
    IUI #2: 5/22/18 - BFN
    IUI #3: 6/22/18
    BFP: 7/4/18
  • @eabrahamson Amazing news!!! I'm so happy for you. I can't imagine how I'd be if I get to where you are now, I might also be a nervous wreck. But you graduating from your RE and going to a regular OBGyne and gonna meet other Pg women on your appointments must be super fun and interesting. I hope it gets easier later on. Thanks for chiming in and cheering us on <3

@sfield21  GL on your IUI tomorrow!! Pineapple core is supposed to help out with the implantation.

@lizzynyc11 I'm so sorry for the bfn. I get what you said about our friends who are not struggling with IF not understanding what we go through, it's really hard for them. I'm also thankful to have found this venue. Please take care of yourself today.

@wishing-and-hoping  Fx for your IUI today! I'm also for not doing anything during the TWW. But unfortunately for me, it's just DH and me at home and DH wants me to do the stuff I do the same as usual. Also, the Japanese doctors don't seem to believe in disrupting the daily routine during the TWW. But I also want to just do nothing! So before my TWW, I do all my grocery shopping and cook a lot of food and freeze them, by that I could reduce some tasks.

• @eabrahamson That is v exciting!! Congratulations
  • @jules3978 welcome and good luck for your IUI! I am also being my first medicated IUI when AF decides to show her ugly face (lol) so I know the nervousness you are feeling. Please let us know how you go ❤️ 

@tinjp78 yes it wasn’t my greatest day today but tomorrow is a new one! As for your TWW rest!!! Listen to your body - sleep is good :) x
  • I don't know why my system skipped some posts and I didn't see them... hmmm, anyway, @rooonilwaazlib  I'm glad your HSG went well and the result was wonderful. I've got 2 in my books already and I really wish this is something I can put in my CV, I mean this it the most freaking painful stuff I have experienced! But if taking it would mean an additional chance for me of getting my baby, then I'll be a soldier and go with it (tears rolling down now). I'd also would like to add, your RE seems so confident with a plan and looks like she/he got some tricks up his/her sleeves- it's enviable.

@jules3978  GL on the IUI next week! We'll be cheering for you! Keep us posted! 

@lizzynyc11 Yup, I really have to listen more to my body and sleep much. I've been getting lots of messages today about rest.

@Chartleib  Thinking of you today.
  • @Chartleib WOOOW!!! Amazing.  And first positive at 16dpo, that's wild.  Will you go in for beta today? Get back on that progesterone, stat! (well, I mean of course check with your RE first  :D ) fx for continued good news

@sfield21 yay for being IUI buddies! <3  good luck today!!!

TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @wishing-and-hoping I'm already back on it! Lol. Gonna be on the progesterone and estrace until 12 weeks! My first official OB appointment is going to be on May 10!!! 

• @Chartleib Amen to that!!!! Yahooo! This is amazing! I pray for you to have a happy and healthy 9 months of pregnancy <3

• @chartleib Yay!!!!! I’m so excited for you!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you all. Hoping April brings lots of BFPs!!!!!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @Chartleib I am so excited for you, Congratulations!!!!! I'm hoping to have a similar experience with an HPT tomorrow, we'll see...
  • @Chartleib that is amazing news. Congratulations!! I'm hoping for a healthy pregnancy for you! It keeps me thinking positively seeing all the BFP's! 
    @wine_mama16 Good luck with the HPT tomorrow, FX for you! 

Our IUI went well today, the SA results were promising! So now we enter the dreaded TWW. 
    I'll be taking progesterone suppositories starting Saturday morning until we test in 2 weeks. 

• @sfield21 glad it went well!!  Ours went fine - DH's count was 9mil total motile which is like half of what it was last time :s but what can ya do?  He's been SO stressed with work and has gotten very little sleep so I was kinda expecting that.  We will BD tonight and tomorrow to increase our chances and hope for the best.  

TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @linz36 Hello there!

@sfield21 I'm glad to hear your IUI went smoothly and for the good SA. I hope your TWW flies by without any hassles.

@wishing-and-hoping congrats on a good IUI, I'm sorry though for not having the numbers you were expecting. Have a fun BD tonight! :wink: