August 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change April 9

Happy Monday Mammas!

How far along are you/how big is baby? 

How are you feeling?

Rants/raves/questions? 

Any appointments this week? 

GTKY: What is one thing you would tell yourself to NOT DO when you were in your Tween/Teen years?
History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: Monday Ticker Change April 9

• @laurad75 I need to check out that cleaning method! 

How far along are you/how big is baby? 22 weeks; coconut 

How are you feeling?
    Presently in-between shifts so I’m exhausted right now, but overall I’m feeling like I have a little more motivation. I need to start working out because I feel like I get winded so easily now! 

Rants/raves/questions? 
    Ranting because I miss DS terribly. DH and I both worked this weekend so DS was at my mom’s on Saturday night and MIL’s last night. I haven’t seen him since Saturday afternoon but he’ll be home when I get up later so I’m looking forward to that! I texted his teacher and he’s having a good day as school so far! Wednesday is our overnight trip to Baltimore! 

No. Just hoping to get my MRI scheduled. 

GTKY: What is one thing you would tell yourself to NOT DO when you were in your Tween/Teen years? 
    Just go straight to nursing after you graduate and don’t waste time getting that Forensic Science degree! And save your money!
  • Loading the player...
  • @laurad75 good luck at your scan! Thinking of you. Also, I clicked your link about the decluttering and that sounds so, so good. I need to look more into that. 
  • @laurad75 way to go! I really need to do that with my entire house.

21 weeks, 12oz

How are you feeling?
    Tired. DH has been gone since Friday and I’ve been having pregnancy insomnia. 

Rants/raves/questions?
    I’m so glad the nausea is finally over! 
    I’m ready for summer. Come on sun!

Nope

I would tell myself to stop wasting time and take a break from school till I figured out what I wanted to do. I have a billion credits and ended up with a marketing and advertising degree and I really wish I would have just focused on going to school for art instead.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Regarding the KonMari method: I recently read The lifechanging magic of tidying up which is the KonMari book and it was an interesting read that got me motivated to declutter and get rid of a lot of stuff that's taking up space.  The discarding of anything that doesn't 'spark joy' is the first part and then eventually you move to the 'tidying up' which is finding a permanent home for literally everything you own.  Some of it is a little silly and unrealistic, for example she says you need to clean out your purse every day and put each item in its 'home' - I'm not doing that.  There is also a very weird folding technique that I don't think I can get on board with.  That all being said, I am hoping to use bits and pieces for her advice to clean out before our move in June and start the new home with a good organization plan.  I'm happy to ship the book to anyone who wants to read it.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 I’ve read a good majority of the book and laughed at the purse part...umm no. My purse lotions home is in my purse lol where it belongs! Why would I want to repack my purse everyday? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • derbysquirrelderbysquirrel member
    edited April 2018
    How far along are you/how big is baby? 23 weeks. Size of the golden idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Over a pound now!

How are you feeling? 
    I feel pretty good. Sinus infection/flu is mostly passed. I'm starting to become pretty slow and pathetic at getting up. 

Rants/raves/questions? 
    The floor guy should be here soon to start tearing out the carpet! Yay! I don't sleep well in our upstairs guest bedroom. Boo. A queen bed is not big enough for the two of us plus our two dogs.

Still no. Same answer every week. I should be grateful to not need them, and I am, but nothing to report except for a quick "hi and bye" every 5 weeks. 

Start smoking. I'm sure I wouldn't listen to me either, but that's the big one. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hfooter Exactly.  The reviews on goodreads for the book are hilarious.  ie: Do you like talking to furniture? Do you believe shirts have souls? Are you insane? This might be the book for you.

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• How far along are you/how big is baby? 22 weeks/coconut

How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good, although I have been having pain/tightness in the upper half of my bump since yesterday afternoon. I Googled like crazy but it doesn't seem like it could be anything bad, likely just growing pains or constipation. Or it could be my umbilical hernia that bothers me sometimes, although my OB thought that would actually get better during my pregnancy as my uterus grows.

Rants/raves/questions?
    They are currently doing maintenance on the women's room at work and I have to pee soooo bad!

Nope, nothing until 4/27. FX for everyone with A/Ss this week!

Stress about everything. I wish I had enjoyed being young more and had known that adulting would be infinitely more stressful than being a teen and that it was okay to make mistakes back then.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• How far along are you/how big is baby? 21 weeks. A baseball hat which seems really big. 

How are you feeling? 
    Mostly good. Waiting to pop.

Rants/raves/questions? 
     I don't know whether I have allergies or not, but my throat is dry and stratchy leading to a constant cough, even at night. 

Any appointments this week? Nope. 

I would tell myself NOT to date Brian, and also not go into the obvious career choice and think harder about what I really want to do for the rest of my life. 

• How far along are you/how big is baby? 

22 weeks
    How are you feeling?

pretty good just tired a lot 
    Rants/raves/questions
    bump keeps scrolling me to the top each time I go to the next question. Boo 

Had my anatomy rescan today and baby was cooperating and we where able to see the heart so all is well. 
    I wish I could tell myself there’s no rush to be a adult and to take the time to enjoy being a kid. 

I first heard of Konmarie on Gilmore girls lol but it did make me look into it more. 

So so very frustrating that it keeps scrolling randomly to the top. 
  • @Mkrosieo Yes!  Emily was purging everything in the house that didn't spark joy in the reboot.  My purge wasn't quite that dramatic but I threw out a lot of stuff. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• How far along are you/how big is baby? 
    23W, a Grapefruit.

How are you feeling?

Tired. Super grouchy about work drama. 

Rants/raves/questions? 

NBR: My head coach for softball keeps telling this 'joke' and its not very funny. If he actually switches teams with me, I might quit. I like JV, and don't want to deal with the parents and drama of upper class men. 

Not until the 27th. BUT that one is another AS as my history of IC makes me have 5,000 dildo-cam scans. UGH

To stress so much about Volleyball and Basketball. Softball and Livestock were plenty to keep me busy. I didn't need to add that extra stress and work. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Happy Monday Mammas!

21 weeks. Probably the size of a potato. One of those big ones that McDonald's buys for french fries.

How are you feeling?

I've been having a lot of heart palpitations, which is freaky, but reputable parts of the internet tell me are normal.

Rants/raves/questions? 

I got a message from my OB's office yesterday while I was in a meeting saying that I had a low-lying placenta. I call back this morning to ask the obvious follow up question "how low is it?" My OB just left for a three week vacation.

In related news, no appointments for three more weeks.

Do all the stupid teenage crap you want, but don't be mean.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • @KonaCoffeeBean I have a low placenta too and they told me it doesn't matter a this point since it will likely shift so there is no sense in stressing about it now.  It's just information at this point. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @KonaCoffeeBean My OB said she likes to see the placenta 2+ cm away from the cervix, and mine was only 1.5 so they are monitoring it. But I did some Googling and it sounds like some docs think 1.5 is far enough away. I am guessing your OB is not too concerned with where yours is if you just got a message about it. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• I'm late to the post, but happy to hear everyone is doing well and the follow up scans went pretty good this week!

How far along are you/how big is baby? 20 weeks, banana. US tech said baby was 12 ounces. 

How are you feeling? So tired. All the time. Aren't I supposed to have more energy by now?!

Rants/raves/questions? House is almost ready to list! Did a big purge in my closet and had about 20 garbage bags full of shit to donate, sell, and trash. It looks and feels so, so much better :)

Any appointments this week? Just had my anatomy scan and follow up with MFM. Baby seems to be growing according to plan. Still strong on team green. Baby was moving around quite a bit, which was neat to see. MFM spent most of the time chatting about my MRI and neurology follow up and it sounds like c-section is back on the table. Woof, not what I was hoping for but definitely don't want to risk anything just because I prefer a different birth plan. We'll see what happens after my next MRI in July.on

GTKY: What is one thing you would tell yourself to NOT DO when you were in your Tween/Teen years? I would tell myself to stop being so self con
    scious! I didn't realize how much of a badass I was until my mid twenties and I wish I would have had that confidence sooner.
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• @rocknrollmom sent you a PM, can you check your inbox?
  • How far along are you/how big is baby? 21 weeks! Endive?

How are you feeling?
    Overall good. A couple waves of nausea this week has me nervous that some of those first tri symptoms are back. 

Rants/raves/questions?
    A rave is all of the movement that I'm feeling! So exciting. Any else having CRAZY dreams? Mine are pretty much nightly and are just so realistic but so weird!

Nothing for the next few weeks. Had the followup AS last week (couldn't get all the pics they needed at 18wks) and all is well so that was a huge relief. Also had a "meet the doctors" night at our hospital, and got so much information, so now time to focus on nursery planning :)

GTKY: 
    What is one thing you would tell yourself to NOT DO when you were in your Tween/Teen years? Those years were pretty good for me so I wouldn't make any huge changes, just maybe not over tweeze my eyebrows haha.