June 2018 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight Series: Small Space/Apt Solutions

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions and S+TMs to share the wealth of knowledge they've accumulated on baby products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week it's.... small space/apt solutions! Anything from actual products to Pinterest inspiration welcome. 

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to. If you'd like to recommend/ask questions about more than one product, please copy/paste the prompts as needed. 

For S+TMs: 

• Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite [small space/apt solution]:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a [small space/apt solution] you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a [small space/apt solution] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on [small space/apt solution]?:

For FTMs

• [small space/apt solution] you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?:

To view past Product Spotlights or view the upcoming schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gjNtxy2Kd2JceTYYR5wkwVcpTbU-khgazhjcZnfI1y4/edit?usp=sharing

(Also just a reminder that if anyone wants to revive old threads to ask questions as we get further along and it becomes more likely everyone is doing further research, please feel free!)

Re: Product Spotlight Series: Small Space/Apt Solutions

• Options
    If anyone is looking for small space solutions, I found this website (scroll down past the initial product):

https://en.smallable.com/changing-table-gentle-white-charlie-crane-16529.html?_scroll=2

It has a bunch of furniture that's specifically for small spaces.
  • Options
    We had a small(er) house when we had DD, and I am adverse to "all the stuff" and the size of stuff that comes into the house for babies. I believe you can make smart choices, and keep stuff to a minimum... So, I did a ton of research on small swings that fold away back in 2015. There are a lot more choices these days than there were even 3 years ago however, I will highly recommend the following swing. 

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ingenuity-ingenuity-ridgedale-convertme-swing-2-seat-grey-aqua-kii-10215/10451053.aspx?

We loved it! it was quiet, efficient, didn't eat batteries. And the best was, I could easily fold it up and tuck it away when we were having people over. 

We only had one big baby item out at a time. (Swing, excersaucer, play table) and we kept her toys and books confined to a small basket on our coffee table. (we did rotate things through it) I found by limiting your space, you can be a bit more ruthless with how many  toys and clutter is around. 

Now, that being said, DH has gone a tad crazy with DDs toys, so I am looking forward to having an opportunity to a) retire some, b) rotate some out and c) organize in a few more baskets... 

Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice.