September 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/9

What's everyone up to this week?

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/9

• Loading the player...
  • @jhjocelyn I cleaned out all my not maternity clothes this weekend too, but I didn't get a shopping spree, jealous! I hope you had a successful trip :)

@nackie when we had our son his room was a storage room that didn't get cleaned out until I was like 28 weeks and then it didn't get painted until I was about 35 weeks. It's definitely stressful to have it hanging over your head, but you'll get there!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• @southernlady07 yay for regular pedicures!  I got one on Friday when I used a personal day, I haven't had a pedicure since January and it felt fantastic.  
  • @SkilledSailor so jealous you are going to High Point Market this weekend! I’ve never been, but my H grew up in Kernersville and has told me about how big and busy it is. The weekend after market Hickory Furniture Mart has a huge sale and I love going there to look for a deal or dream of things I want. Hope you find some great pieces for your business.

My parents are here helping do our big renovation for the nursery. I’m amazed that H and my dad have gotten so much done in two days and excited to see what they will finish by the end of the week. 
  • @spottedginger Put some of my favorites in the spoiler. Any of the light blue/greens would be an excellent color for bathrooms! Another favorite color of mine that I don't think is in any of these is Benjamin Moore's Gray Owl.

^Agreeable Gray is an excellent "greige" for living spaces. Especially if your furniture/decor is eclectic. It'll go with anything.

^Light French Gray is another wonderful "greige" and honestly looks so classic. If you have an office, Newburyport or Blustery Sky are great choices for a bold but stylish office color. 

@klj0228 Oh fun! What are they doing for the nursery?
  • @SkilledSailor thank you! Those are gorgeous. I am going to play with the room painting tool only be tomorrow and get back to you on combos! 
  • @nackie if it makes you feel any better, currently the ONLY baby item we’ve purchased so far is one little non-practical outfit, and we’re currently sleeping in the future nursery (it BARELY fits our bed) while our master bedroom is a construction zone. We’re putting in a master bathroom, and building new closets. With the house torn apart there’s really no space to even start buying the stuff we want to get until it’s done! 
  • @lisac113 I feel the same way! I haven’t done anything and I have a lot that needs to be started. We should relax - we have time! 
  • @ashh2018 completely agree! I’ve done absolutely nothing and bought nothing — there’s time though. I feel like once it’s warmer out and days get longer, I’ll feel like starting the to-do list. 
  • starlastarla member
    edited April 2018
    @SkilledSailor Our nursery is Owl Gray! I love it. Stonington Gray and Paper White are also great. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Any suggestions for a “white” that will go with pure white tile and charcoal gray slate-look floors in our new bathroom? It has to be a gray-white, not a beige-white, and I don’t want it to turn blue, pink, or yellow on the walls! Any suggestions? 
  • Ok. I haven’t figured out how to build the palette so you can see it from my phone but have swatches saved on a ppt on the laptop. The colors do not translate from screen to phone with the photo I took. I chose BM colors since we had good luck with their zero VOC paint. So far I’ve got:
    Simply white (all trim etc)
    owl gray (main color for halls, living room, kitchen, stairway)
    coventry gray (dining room, den- off dining room, and insides of living room built ins)
    smoke (DS room and downstairs guest bathroom)
    Either silver satin or calm for master bedroom and upstairs bathrooms 
    up in the air: maybe Pashmina for the guest bedroom and maybe Slip for baby girls room, but that may just be calm or silver satin. 

I really wanted to use gray cashmere for the downstairs main bathroom, but the tile had a lot of brown and I’m afraid the green would clash. 
    Opinions? 
  • @EErin86 at least the water doesn’t leave as big a mess to clean up?  
  • Thanks ladies, you make me feel better.  I am a crazy planner, DH and I travel a lot and I love to do the research for it.  I want to do all the research on baby products, it just isn't the month to do it!  I am sure once I get the time I will go crazy and start to feel better come end of May/June. 

@EErin86 it is not your week!  

• @spottedginger LOVE those colors! On my computer it looks like gray cashmere is a warm toned green. As long as that's true, it should be fine with the brown tones in the tile. 

@southernlady07 Aw yay!! That's so exciting! 
  • We used Gray Owl at work and I love it. It was a color that looked really green at my house but is a great, pale neutral gray at the other building.

We’ve used BM White Heron, I think, as a nice white white that still wasn’t too stark. It worked really well with the satin-finish white subway tile near it.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Ssoooo today was supposed to be my “me-day”... but I somehow managed to injure a rib yesterday??! 

it felt like a stitch in my side most of the day and got more uncomfortable in the evening. I figured it was a muscle thing since I had vacced and mopped and lifted dd funny during the day...so once she was tucked in I sat w a warm rice pack. After that is was worse, so i waited a while and tried ice amd tylenol and was able to sleep some sleep, it hurts to breathe, move, cough, exist... 

Called my OB have an appt at 1 w thebob in office who isbalso an osteopath. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @jhjocelyn oh no that sounds awful. Hopefully they can tell you what's going on and how long it'll take to feel better. Also hope you still get some you time today! This is so typical of what would happen to me lol.
  • @jhjocelyn Oh no!! I hope they're able to figure out what it is and get you fixed up asap! 
  • @jhjocelyn I have had that for 2,5 days straight. It is finally easing up today.  Felt like a bad stitch deep inside right under my left rib. I figured I’d overdone it packing over the weekend. I hope you get some relief soon! 
  • Thanks @spottedginger If it had remained a bad stitch I woulda waited it out, but heat totally messed it up! I felt so stupid after, it’s excruciating now unless its iced and I’ve taken tylenol. I was totally clueless which doc to call, and so relieved that my ob office can handle it! 
    Here’s hoping for a quick and speedy recovery.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @jhjocelyn hope it heals ASAP!!!!
  • Has anyone tried one of those float chambers? (For anyone who has never heard of them, they’re these pods filled with salt water that is the same temp as your body so it feels like you are floating. They’re supposed to be great for pregnant people.) I am thinking that’s what DH can get me for mother’s day since I can’t go in a jacuzzi and every time I try to take a bath our outdoor cat dirties it up with his muddy paws.
  • @yosemite2018 I have never even heard of these float chambers, but if that is what you do get for Mother’s Day I can’t wait to hear about it!