Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Shock pregnancy

About an hour ago I took a home pregnancy test and it came up positive, I am in complete shock. We had a loss at 13 weeks at the beginning of last year and it has hit us so hard, I took time out of school, been living off my savings, I still have nightmares about what happened. We decided that we were going to wait for practical reasons, my depression, buying a house etc. So we were using protection but as we know nothing's 100% effective. I haven't told Fi yet and I'm so worried how he'll react, the loss hit him hard and he wanted other things before children, a house, the wedding etc. We're on holiday next week for my birthday so I could tell him then in a positive way but then if he reacts badly he's alone on holiday with me. I'm just so overwhelmed.

Re: Shock pregnancy

• Options
    @CraftyG you never know what his reaction will be until you tell him, and sooner rather than later is better. It takes two people to make a baby and unless you did it without his consent, it's his responsibility too. Was the other one an accident also? 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    If the loss hit you so hard I would assume it was a very wanted baby. So accident or not doesn’t take away from it being so hard to cope with. As for this time congratulations! It will be hard for sure as it seems to always be after a loss, as for telling your other half I personally would tell him in a positive way, it’s a miracle from what I’m gathering and this time will hopefully be your bring home baby. Plus you only get to tell him once so I would tell him in a positive way, but let him know he’s okay to react in whatever way he feels, and you will be understanding.