Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat 04/02

Let's get this board going again!! 

Anything you're looking forward to this week?

Anything you may be dreading this week?

GTKY: What skill would you like to master?

Re: Weekly Chat 04/02

• Anything you're looking forward to this week?
    Not much going on this week. I'm trying to get a hair appt scheduled, but this new stylist I'm trying is taking forever to get back to me.

Anything you may be dreading this week?
    Regular chores. Need groceries, have to do laundry, going to work...

GTKY: What skill would you like to master?
    Knitting. I like knitting hats and I've thought about trying a sweater, but it's just such a commitment that I haven't gotten it together enough to try. I have some friends that knit gorgeous lace shawls and thick, cabled sweaters. I'm never satisfied with the sweaters I buy from stores so I should really just do it.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • edited April 2018
    Anything you're looking forward to this week?  Friends and I are going to trivia at a pub tonight!

Anything you may be dreading this week?  Work... haha

GTKY: What skill would you like to master?  I would like to refresh my Spanish skills.  I'm a dentist and my skills were pretty good when I was in residency and living in Chicago.  Now I'm in a smallish town and I never get to practice.  I've definitely lost my quick conjugation abilities.
  • Loading the player...
  • @meggyme Thank you for reminding me that I desperately need a hair cut... like it's probably been a year. Maybe I'll do that this weekend!

@quidditchcapn1120 Trivia sounds fun!! We used to go almost once a week when I was in grad school.

Anything you're looking forward to this week? The weekend haha I have so much to get caught up on at work that this week is just crazy busy, and H is working some this weekend so I can get some alone time! :smile:

Anything you may be dreading this week? I have to make up my midterm for my grad class tonight. It was originally scheduled for last week when we were out of town, and my professor let me take it a week later. Thankfully it's a take home test, but not looking forward to spending a few hours working on it tonight!!

GTKY: What skill would you like to master? I'd like to be able to drive a manual car. H drives one, and he's tried to teach me but I'm no good at keeping it from stalling out. I get the concept of how it's supposed to work, but can't seem to get the timing down.
  • @quidditchcapn1120 I started brushing up on my Spanish a month or so ago with an app/website called duolingo. I really recommend it.
  • meggyme said:
    @quidditchcapn1120 I started brushing up on my Spanish a month or so ago with an app/website called duolingo. I really recommend it.
    I downloaded Duolingo a few months ago and actually forgot about it.  I need to get started back up with it.  Thanks for reminding me!
  • @meggyme I used to knit, and now I crochet lol. Most I've ever made are scarves and afghans. Though I did make a wine bottle coozie in the shape of a football jersey! (Crochet, not stitch). I've never attempted a sweater but I kind of want to!

@dogmomma271 yea it's been a year or so for me as well...I'm kind of wanting to change up my hairstyle as well.

@quidditchcapn1120 I've always wanted to be fluent in French! Jealous that you can speak a second language.

Looking forward to: weekend!! DH and I are visiting my old college town for a night so we can go to a couple of our favorite places.

Dreading: ugh work sucks. I work at a bank and it's quarter end. And my department "manager" of sorts just quit, so we're all trying to figure out her reports because she didn't leave us any notes!! GRRRR!!!!!

GTKY: speaking French!! France is my dream vacation, and I think it's a beautiful language.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 we should do a knit/crochet along and tackle an easy sweater pattern. And you should totally learn French. I started dabbling in Italian since 3 of our cruise ports are there and I wanted to learn some basic stuff. I’d recommend starting out on a computer though because the format is a bit better for explaining.
  • @meggyme I love the kits from We Are Knitters. I totally recommend checking it out. They are a little pricey, but super easy to use and the wool is so soft. I made a snood for my MIL and a hat for my fiance for Christmas. Everyone loved them!

@quidditchcapn1120 I am trying to decide which language to learn next. One of my friends suggested Spanish since I already speak French. How did trivia go?

@dogmomma271 I hope your midterm went well! What do you have planned for your alone time?

@CecilB93 J'adore le francais! J'etais suppleante/enseignante avec un conseil francophone pendant 3 ans. Les enfants me manquent beaucoup! (Translation: I love speaking French! I was a substitute/teacher for 3 years with our French school board. I miss the kids so much!) Sorry for showing off  ;)
  • Anything you're looking forward to this week? We are going to the symphony on Friday for a show called Video Games Live. They play theme tunes from various video games and it is awesome. My other half went last year with his buddy and I was super jealous.

Anything you may be dreading this week? I am changing my diet this week since I have been so low on energy. I'm not really dreading it. I'm just afraid I won't be able to stick to it. I am going to have salad with protein for both lunch and dinner. It will help with the wedding dress too which is always a good motivator.

GTKY: What skill would you like to master? I want to learn more languages, but I can't pick which one. If I had the money, I would enroll in either Mandarin or Arabic classes since they are tough to master on your own.
  • edited April 2018
    @meri-mac I find that Spanish has been useful.  Especially in healthcare I use it a lot.

We got last place.  :) We did win the "gross science" round though. 
  • @meri-mac I have no plans!! Hopefully sleeping in, maybe catching up on grading since I’m way behind due to spring break.
  • @meri-mac ah so jealous!!! We plan to take a trip to France in the future, so I plan to learn before then. Maybe not fluently...but touch up my knowledge on at least the basics lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @meggyme and @dogmomma271 I need a cut in a major major way. Its been a year and a half. I also have a ton of greys comming in which is new. 

Sorry I've been a stranger. It was spring break so I put the phone aside to spend time with **TW**DD. Then it was her bday celebration **TW** and husband’s 30th bday celebration and easter so we've been on the road quite a bit. 

Looking forward to: tomorrow! friday! 

Dreading: the laundry I need to catch up this weekend

GTKY: I will go with a language as well but for me sign language. 

•  @JLaVO888 oh, yes to sign language! I tried to teach myself once but got too busy. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 I took an intro course in college and then have learning a bunch from the baby signing time dvds. But I want to keep going with it.
  • Hey everyone. I sort of spent the last month lurking. I’d like to be more regularly enrolled in this board. Maybe not daily, since I can’t seem to keep up with that, but checking in at least once a week. 

I love that so many of the skills to master are languages! I hadn’t even thought of that when I first read the gyky. 

The week is about over, but here goes:

-looking forward to this week? I dyed my hair again. Just an at home box kit (dark blue), and I might go out for brunch today. 

-dreading this week? Hmm, not this week exactly, but soon I have to take the car to deq to get new tags. I’ve never done that & it sounds like a bigger headache than the dmv, from what I’ve heard. 

-GTKY? I’d like to master drawing. Like comic art style. I can draw pretty well, but usually from a reference photo and I’m a very slow drawer. It would be cool to pump out pages fast and publish something. 
  • Hi everyone, I just wanted to say thanks for everything. I am going to be taking a break from The Bump as I have been getting a little more emotional about TTC. I think a break is probably what my fiance and I both need. I will be back though and I hope everyone will keep being well :)<3