TTC after 35

Failed IUI, weird AF after

MsFixitMsFixit member
edited April 2018 in TTC after 35
I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate place to be asking this, but I tried searching a variety of ways and I'm hoping to get a better answer here.

On Wednesday 4/04, I came to terms with the fact that our recent IUI failed when I still got a negative on HPT on CD 28.  My cycle is usually like clockwork, so this would be the expected day to start.  They had told me in advance to stop taking the progesterone suppositories so that my period would start if the HPT wasn't positive.  I had taken the last one on Tuesday night.  AF arrived Friday morning.  I was not told to expect anything different with AF after coming off the Progesterone, and I'm thinking maybe this is typical, but I'm unsure.  On Friday, I was having some intense cramps.  I'm quite lucky in the fact that during most cycles, I don't really cramp much.  When I do cramp, it's usually not for too long (maybe a few hours off and on).  Anyway, something just felt weird and when I went to the bathroom there was a large clot with gray looking tissue (like the size of a quarter I guess), which completely freaked me out.  Maybe 15 minutes later, I went again and had another one of almost identical size/appearance.  This is not normal for me at all.  I've been consistently passing clots ever since, but smaller, from dime to pea sized maybe.  Plus, I'm still experiencing cramping, bloating and gas.  I'm assuming it's an after effect of stopping the progesterone.  I'm just concerned at the fact that there's so many clots as opposed to an actual flow.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks.
Me: 40 DH: 45
TTC since roughly Aug 2014
DX: unexplained - never been pregnant
Fibroids (4), but they don't appear to be causing any issue
HSG 2016 = all clear
Feb 2017 IUI + clomid and trigger shot = BFN
AMH 2018 = 0.8
Semenanalysis 2018 = easier just to say it's adequate
March 2018 IUI + Femara 2.5mg x 10, 10,000 unit Pregnyl trigger, Progesterone suppositories 200mg nightly = BFN

Supplements/Vitamins I'm taking daily:
  • Prenatal
  • DHEA 75 mg
  • Probiotic 25 Billion CFU
  • Vitamin D3 5000 IU
  • Vitamin E 400 IU
  • Vitamin C 1000 mg
  • Biotin 5000 mcg
  • Magnesium Glycinate 400 mg
  • CoQ10 400 mg
  • Collagen tablets 4000 mg
  • Omega 3 - 600 mg 

Re: Failed IUI, weird AF after

• oh I've never experienced that but it can't hurt to call your doc and ask what they think.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @vlagrl29
    I go to see them tomorrow to do the prescreening blood work and baseline US to start the IVF process.  I'll let the nurse know what I'm experiencing.  If there's something weird going on with my endometrium, they should be able to see something on the US, since they have to do it anyway.  
    Me: 40 DH: 45
    TTC since roughly Aug 2014
    DX: unexplained - never been pregnant
    Fibroids (4), but they don't appear to be causing any issue
    HSG 2016 = all clear
    Feb 2017 IUI + clomid and trigger shot = BFN
    AMH 2018 = 0.8
    Semenanalysis 2018 = easier just to say it's adequate
    March 2018 IUI + Femara 2.5mg x 10, 10,000 unit Pregnyl trigger, Progesterone suppositories 200mg nightly = BFN

Supplements/Vitamins I'm taking daily:
    • Prenatal
    • DHEA 75 mg
    • Probiotic 25 Billion CFU
    • Vitamin D3 5000 IU
    • Vitamin E 400 IU
    • Vitamin C 1000 mg
    • Biotin 5000 mcg
    • Magnesium Glycinate 400 mg
    • CoQ10 400 mg
    • Collagen tablets 4000 mg
    • Omega 3 - 600 mg