Formula Feeding

Formula Dispensers

I did a search, but I couldn't find a recent thread on formula dispensers.  I am a FTM due in May, and I plan to BF some and supplement with formula at first and increase to exclusively formula later on, especially after I return to work following my maternity leave.  I have been doing some research into different formula dispensers such as the Baby Brezza Formula Pro, the Gerber BabyNes, and the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine.  Does anyone here have experience with any of these or similar formula dispenser machines?  If so, what have you found to be the pros/cons of the machine you have used?  TIA for your input!  

Re: Formula Dispensers

• Here's bump! I never used a machine for formula. I made all bottles on demand except for the daycare ones. In hindsight, the only thing that would have been advantageous would have been a bottle warmer. My daughter would only drink her's warm. 
  • I've never heard of a formula machine, but looked up this Youtube video on the Tommee Tippee one. Seems like a big waste of time to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixMaZ9z_HpY

All you need to make formula is to put some water in the bottle, add formula, and shake it. Done in way less time and steps than that machine does.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My LO will take a bottle at any temperature so we have no need for one.  We do pre-portion his formula in a little formula holder to save that little step in the moment.  When we are out and about we also pre-fill the bottles with water so we then just shake the section of formula in and you're good to go.  I would add that the worst part about formula feeding (we've exclusively ff since day 1) is the amount of bottle washing that goes on.  We just discovered the Dr. Brown bottles help my sons reflux incredibly and they have a ton of parts.  
  • Had the Brezza. Waste. Formula gets stuck even if you clean regularly.
  • We have the baby brezza and love it so far! Been using it for a week now and no problems yet! I do clean it every day.
  • Have the Baby Brezza as well and we love it. Works great as long as you're cleaning it regularly per the instructions.
  • I looked at the Baby Brezza site. The idea of it seems great, like a Keurig for formula, but I still wouldn't get one. Here's a review on it. Seems so much easier to me to scoop formula from the package into a water-filled bottle, or to use a formula pitcher with a bottle warmer, if you need it warmed. 

https://youtu.be/aslIAOKJmUU

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I had to formula feed from the start with both my boys and bought a bottle warmer because my oldest was very picky about formula temp. I'd just pre make 2 bottles before bed and kept them in a little cooler that came with the warmer. Then all I had to do was warm them when he woke up. It worked great by the time I changed his diaper the bottle was ready. 
  • I did a lot of research on this too.  The BabyNes you can only use the Gerber pods, but it looks like really good formula and like of all the options, is the cleanest and quickest.  I registered for that.
    Alison Callaway
    CEO | ChampionsTX

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had to formula feed from the start with both my boys and bought a bottle warmer because my oldest was very picky about formula temp. I'd just pre make 2 bottles before bed and kept them in a little cooler that came with the warmer. Then all I had to do was warm them when he woke up. It worked great by the time I changed his diaper the bottle was ready. 
    This sound very familiar to me :) a bottle warmer was the solution to lot's of problems and it makes life with a baby way easier! My daughter is also a very picky! I also took us some time until we found https://myorganicformula.com/collections/hipp-organic-formula  that she would drink. Two other formulas we tried out she just wouldn't take!
    I'm already curious how this is going to be in the future :D