October 2016 Moms
Options

April Randoms 2018

Re: April Randoms 2018

• Options
    I'm just going to vomit the current events in my life here I reckon, hopefully you'll all join me!

We've been ballz deep in the Oklahoma Teacher Work Stoppage demanding funding for the department of education and a teacher and support staff raise. I'm so proud of teachers for taking a stand and the parents supporting the movement. The kids have been out of school all of last week, and will be out this coming week until our legislators give the department of education something worthwhile. The state budget is deplorable and we need an audit badly. I almost wish the feds would step in and audit the state and hold our leaders accountable for this mess we're in. 

I was accepted into a women's political and public service pipeline at the University of Oklahoma called the N.E.W. Leadership Initiative. I am really proud of that because they only accept 30 undergraduate applicants from the entire state.

I was also awarded a Social Science Department Scholarship at the college I am currently attending, and have been invited as an honoree and a fancy-schmancy recognition banquet.

I am also forming our cities first PTA in over 10 years. Been a busy-izzy bee. 

Everything is going well on the home front, all the kiddos are happy, healthy, growing like weeds, and my big kids are making straight A's and being amazing and supportive little activists <3