September 2018 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 3/30

smsaulinosmsaulino member
edited March 2018 in September 2018 Moms
What is triggering those tears this week? 
Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 3/30

• Heard "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us" followed by "Mama, I'm Coming Home" at the gym last night and I was bawling so hard. The first song is probably one of my 5 all time favorites and was me & DH's first dance song at our wedding and well.. the second has to be my favorite Ozzy song ever. 

Also... was watching ER reruns on Hulu and realized yesterday that I was about two episodes away from Lucy dying and I started crying just thinking about it. 

• @smsaulino I'm watching ER too and I don't remember anything until after it happens. Some episodes I'm ok but like every third episode or so has me sobbing like a little baby. Last night I don't even remember what happened but omg so many tears.

My other crying was because I'm dumb and decided to basically torture myself by reading the online menus for the hotel where my husband will be staying the next (hopefully last) time he moves locations. It all looks so yummy!!! I want to go!!! I want to see my husband and I want to eat all the food!!! Waaaaahhhhh!!! :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh it's been a tough couple of days. For a bit of background, my outpatient nutrition office receives grant money from the Children's Miracle Network to help bridge the insurance gap and properly educate kids in our community, they do fantastic things with the grant money for the hospital I work for. My office had to re-apply for grant funds for the upcoming year and yesterday we had a meeting to present our request and what we we are looking for in particular this year. This was my first year attending and I didn't know exactly what to expect but it was really great. However, ****TW loss mentioned*** someone had to present requesting funds for bereavement money and charms for parents/families who don't get to take home their babies and it was a little of a sucker punch to the gut that I wasn't expecting ****End TW. They also talked about a centering program for pregnancy, breastfeeding supplies, and updated supplies and equipment for the newborn nursery, peds unit and ER. Kind of emotionally charged stuff.

***TW death mentioned*** Then today I found out that a patient I've been following/taking care of for thr last 3 months unexpectedly passed away this week, I'm pretty crushed. ***End TW.

I wish I was crying over stupid things this week.
  • @stothi I grew up watching it when it originally aired. When I went to college, I got the DVDs for the first 9 seasons. I really grew away from watching it after Greene dies. When I didn't have cable for like 10 years, I just kept rewatching those DVDs. Now, I can watch all the episodes on Hulu. That's the only medical show that I've ever really gotten into. 

• @nlc8424 love tit for support. 
  • @nlc8424 I'm so sorry. Hugs!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• srachilaganisrachilagani member
    edited March 2018
    I watched the first two episodes of 9 Months That Made You on Netflix. The CGI of the baby forming was so well done! I will watch the 3rd episode once I start the 3rd trimester just because i dont want any spoilers :-p :-p

Also my husband will miss the 20-week appointment due to work. Of course I will miss him, but I know how much he wishes he could be there. Sucks big time. Nothing we can do about it. After that he will be at all of the remaining ones! 
  • My husband will only be at one appointment total, and it's only because home birth team all has to meet together, and he's part of that.

I have no one going to anatomy scan with me. I may bring my doula, just for some support. 

Also, I watch Call the Midwife. I cry about everything. Always.

And ER is my favorite show ever, I have all the DVDs. I cry every time anyone dies, or is born, or gets pregnant, or is saved. So pretty much the entire episode.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We were going to bail on dinner with our neighbors yesterday because we need to move some furniture. They immediately all called and husbands offered to come help DH to make sure I don’t do too much. So grateful to have my created family here that care as much about this growing baby as we do.
  • @pourmeamocktail I was watching the ER episodes where Dr Corday's mom comes to visit and I didn't remember that her mom is played by actress that plays Sister Monica Joan from Call the Midwife. It was really strange watching her as someone not an old and fairly crazy but incredibly lovable nun. And yup, Call the Midwife makes me cry almost every time. I love that show so much.
  • @stothi Wow, haven't hit that episode in a while, hadn't even made that connection, that will be weird!

I don't know how many times I've seen an actor somewhere, and couldn't figure out where I knew them from, and it was eventually some minor ER character.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I cried the other day because I found out that the baby's foot is the size of a bean. Though not as much as I did when I watched call the midwife the other week, where I cried 6 times in one episode.
  • Aaaand now I’m watching Call the Midwife. Two episodes in, hooked. However, I won’t be able to binge because there’s no way in hell DH will watch with me. He’s out playing with his band so I’ve got Netflix to myself (but probably should be sleeping right now). 
  • nlc8424 said:
    Ugh it's been a tough couple of days. For a bit of background, my outpatient nutrition office receives grant money from the Children's Miracle Network to help bridge the insurance gap and properly educate kids in our community, they do fantastic things with the grant money for the hospital I work for. My office had to re-apply for grant funds for the upcoming year and yesterday we had a meeting to present our request and what we we are looking for in particular this year. This was my first year attending and I didn't know exactly what to expect but it was really great. However, ****TW loss mentioned*** someone had to present requesting funds for bereavement money and charms for parents/families who don't get to take home their babies and it was a little of a sucker punch to the gut that I wasn't expecting ****End TW. They also talked about a centering program for pregnancy, breastfeeding supplies, and updated supplies and equipment for the newborn nursery, peds unit and ER. Kind of emotionally charged stuff.

***TW death mentioned*** Then today I found out that a patient I've been following/taking care of for thr last 3 months unexpectedly passed away this week, I'm pretty crushed. ***End TW.

I wish I was crying over stupid things this week.
    So sorry! That sounds so difficult to deal with, especially when you're growing your own LO. I work in child welfare, and while it's always hard, it can be especially tough while I've been pregnant and am thinking about my own baby.
  • I started crying bc I tried to put on a brand new dress I bought in October as the perfect wedding guest dress. There's a wedding for me to go to now and of course it wouldn't fit. Nothing fits. My husband shook his head at me and said "don't worry. I'll buy both of y'all some pacifiers."
  • knitknitreadknitknitread member
    edited April 2018
    @pourmeamocktail Have you watched the new episodes? I cried my eyes out.

AFM: I cried last night because I ran out of nausea meds, I'm going to Easter dinner at my Mamaw's, and I'm not going to get to eat anything. 
  • spottedgingerspottedginger member
    edited April 2018
    The Easter Bunny brought Cars 3 and we hadn’t seen it before. Bawled at the end. 

Also, I thought I had a thing of squash cooked and ready in the freezer to make squash casserole (DH favorite veg) and I don’t. Still crying bc he’s been doing so much and I wanted to make him a treat. 
  • @ashh2018 yours made me cry just reading it! 

My MIL is a monster in law and wanted to go toe to toe with me about absolutely everything today. I handled it and held my own, but ohy so much stress and drama. She tried to tell me that I couldn’t call my step-dad “dad” because I have a biological father. When I told her you don’t have to be a biological parent to be a parent and my step-dad is more of a parent to me she tried to blame me for having a bad relationship with her son because I don’t speak to my bio dad. Then she wanted to know why I don’t speak to my bio dad. I just said I’m sorry but that is none of your business and it is very personal to me. That is only a snippet of the things she said / tried to get into with me today. 
  • @knitknitread I am a Netflix only watcher, but I've seen all of Season 6. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stothi yes you can, because I just keeping saying to myself, what a bitch! Like you, my family is very mixed and they are all my family! Plus, as I have mentioned here before I have a chosen family here in NC that I love and care for almost to the extent of my family in TX. 

One other thing she was upset about that I finally walked out on was that I don’t want anyone at the hospital when I am in labor. It seems stupid to me to sit in a waiting room because my hospital won’t let you back and then they won’t let anyone back for 2 hours after the baby is born. You’ve got better things to do than sit in a hospital waiting room for who knows how many hours waiting on me to have this baby. She left our wedding reception because she was mad we didn’t do father daughter and mother son dances and she didn’t want to be in the same room as his dad any longer. And she wants to sit in a waiting room with his dad for god knows how many hours?! Like I said when she started fighting me on this I walked out and sat in the car.
  • @klj0228 Boy she sounds like a peach. I’m sorry you have to deal with that. I can’t stand people who make everything about themselves! And that crap about family...clearly she knows nothing about how to treat family and what family is truly about. Hugs!
  • @klj0228 what a witch! I’m so sorry you had to put up with that. Some people have no grasp on what loving, respectful relationships are about <3 
  • @klj0228 my recovery room at the hospital was really small. I didn't invite anyone to the hospital. No one. My husband was there and that's it. My mom and dad came to my house a few hours after we brought buddy home and that was cool because they brought food. My siblings came over one at a time over the next week and a few friends were invited over the following week. I plan to do the same this time. Just hubby at the hospital. My mom will stay at my house with buddy so she'll get to see the new baby right away when we come home. Everyone else will be slowly, one at a time after that.
    One of my friend's kids wanted to go to the hospital when she gave birth to the next baby and we were talking on the phone and I heard the kid say, "but I waaaannnnna gooooooo!" Then my friend, as a contraction started to hit, screamed at her child, "this isn't about you!!!!" I'm screaming at your MIL through the internet right now, "this isn't about you!!!"
  • My toddler won't go to sleep and I'm exhausted and the episode of ER where Dr. Greene dies comes on. Can't stop crying.
  • magnolia209magnolia209 member
    edited April 2018
    I’m super impressed that you all are watching ER and call the midwife. I just can’t! I loved ER and would love to re-watch and I’m super interested in Call the Midwife, but I just can’t handle those topics! I’m crying all the time about seriously nothing. This just started recently! I can’t read any birth stories right now either. Good or bad. It’s just too much! 
  • @magnolia209 I can watch sad stuff but I can't watch anything scary not even a tiny bit scary when I'm pregnant.
  • @stothi I understand totally. For me, it’s the medical drama - like I can’t handle any blood or trauma or surgery stuff. I especially don’t want to see things going wrong with pregnancies on tv right now. I guess that is what scares me more right now than even a horror movie would! But, yeah - there is no reason to scare ourselves about anything right now! I do love watching Chicago Fire and I do cry frequently at that! I think the heroism really moves me. 
  • I recently heard a Garth Brooks song that I had never heard before. It's called Ireland and I full on sobbed when I heard it. Oh and while catching up on my guilty pleasure Sister Wives every time they talk about their daughter who is dealing with scoliosis and how hard it's been for her with kids making fun of her for her brace I start crying. Kids are so mean sometimes and she's so sweet!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• I have been craving vegetarian spring rolls. The only place near us that makes them and expressly says that they are vegetarian and do not contain shrimp (I'm allergic) is apparently closed for spring break.