September 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/2

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/2

• Loading the player...
  • @southernlady07 I wore a belly band for 1 day and I hated it! It didn't stay in place and made me feel very constricted. I'm back to yoga pants and dresses with tights!  
  • @klj0228 Want to come do my house next? :grimace:
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @klj0228 Wow you are a rock star! With all my vomiting I have definitely noticed some places in our apartment that are not very clean, but I have done nothing about them. 

• TW: family loss

Today marks 3 years since my aunt passed. Her and I were only 2.5 years apart, we were more like sisters. My next birthday (in just under a month) I'll be older than her for the first time. End TW. 

Finally hanging photos now that we've been here since October!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Big hugs @pourmeamocktail.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @spottedginger That still all blows. Sorry, how irritating.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @spottedginger that's a lot of day to have had already. I hope the rest of the day takes it easy and you can get some good and catch a break. Glad you are all ok.
  • @spottedginger ah sorry for how crappy of a start you've had today. Car accidents are so stressful and then car seats definitely complicate things. Hope the rest of the day is better.
  • @spottedginger sorry you have had a rough start to your day. Hoping it starts to get better very soon! Days like today you want to go home and press a restart button. 
  • @spottedginger Those are wonderful silver linings but that is still a stressful day! I hope it's all downhill from here for you! 

@pourmeamocktail *hugs* That must be a tough milestone. 
  • My SIL just texted me that she found an article that baby wipes cause food allergies. 

:unamused:
  • Y’all. I cannot make this up- a woman came within inches of hitting me as I am parked in my car (in a marked spot in a parking lot, checking my work email one last time before running in to get DS).  She parked two aisles over “parked” her car, her friend got out and opened the back door to get her purse. Meanwhile the driver starts looking at her phone and doesn’t realize she is moving at all, let alone fast. Her friend starts hitting the side of the car and I beep my horn. She looked up and casually stopped her car and had zero reaction. None at all. Just parked her car where it stopped and got out. Parents and children are walking by, cars are driving. She literally could have killed someone. Today cannot end fast enough. 
  • @BusinessWife Kevin Malone cracking up is the perfect gif for that! You are very talented! 

Meanwhile, I had to measure a whole bunch of things at work today and I totally kept debating whether to bend over or to just make the measuring tape really long, lock it in place and then just lower it to the item and approximate based on that. But, for full disclosure, the real reason I didn’t want to bend over was that my legs are so sore from yoga. Like embarrassingly sore! 
  • We just booked a trip for next month to South Lake Tahoe and we’re pumped! Anyone been before? I have a few questions:
    Ideas of stuff we can do with a 2yo in tow?
    Should we bring the sturdy City mini GT stroller or buy an umbrella stroller? 

So far we’ve scoped out a kids museum but that’s about it. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • @fwtx5815 no ideas on Tahoe, but it sounds lovely. Traveling with an umbrella stroller is much easier through the airport etc. We have the 3D Lite and it is very easy and maneuverable. I like that it has recline which many umbrellas don’t. 
  • I had my anatomy scan on Monday and they said it would take 2 days for the doctor to review the images and get back to me. I hadn’t heard back so I messaged my OB this morning and got a message back this afternoon. Everything looked ok but they didn’t get good photos of the spine so I have to go back... which means more time off work, another copay, all for something that will likely take 5 minutes tops. The tech on Monday did say that she couldn’t get great pics due to his position, so I don’t think it’s a sign of anything wrong. I’m just annoyed.
  • Ugh @yosemite2018. I'm sorry you have to deal with the pita of going back in for a repeat scan :/

@SkilledSailor. Your announcement is super cute!!! :smiley:
  • @klj0228 That was very sweet of y'all! 

@yosemite2018 That is annoying! Hopefully your LO will be in a better position for the tech this time and it'll be quick. 

@businesswife Thank you! 
  • @yosemite2018 I’m sorry you have to go back and do it again. It would have been nice to know prior to you having to contact the dr that they didn’t get a good look at the spine. Hopefully this time the baby will be in a good position and the appointment won’t take too long! 
  • Channeling anyone and everyone for some input on bathroom/linen storage. In our main hall bath we have a large closet that has a few shelves that go the full length and it has sliding doors. We're basically gutting the whole bathroom and my H and I were talking about removing the closet and putting in some other kind of storage. H suggested cabinets but I'm not sure how I feel about it. It currently holds all of our towels, washcloths, kitchen towels, tablecloths, extra toilet paper, paper towels and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. So it holds A LOT of stuff and I really don't want to lose the functionality of such a large closet. Any suggestions/photos for inspiration are appreciated!
  • @nlc8424 What if you just took off the sliding doors and painted the inside? Or changed the door that is on it? 
  • @knitknitread we could take the door off, but I'm not sure how I feel about having all of that stuff exposed since some of it is crappy/dog only towels. Paint would likely go a long way, but I think we would have to restructure the shelves regardless since there's a funky piece that has no real purpose.
  • @klj0228  the tech actually did mention that she couldn’t get great pics of the spine but then she got a side pic that she was hoping would be good enough. I guess it wasn’t. If baby doesn’t cooperate this time a 5 min appt could take a lot longer!