November 2018 Moms

Confirmed loss and TTC

Hi All. Unfortunately, at my last ultrasound about a week ago my little bean no longer had a heartbeat. It seems unfair that just 9 days before at my 7 week appointment we saw our little one and heard a heartbeat of 127. This is now my second miscarriage within the last 8 months. I had a D and C two days ago and am currently dealing with heartache and discomfort from the procedure. I am having testing done on the fetus. Hopefully we can get some sort of answers, or figure out a plan how to make the next baby stick. My need and want for a baby is so strong.Originally, I thought it would be wise to wait a few months to mentally heal. Now, I feel such a strong urge to try again. I miss being pregnant. I miss all the hopes and dreams I had for my baby. I just wanted to say for anyone who has gone through this before or who is going through this now that I feel for you. We are strong and can make it through. What have you guys done to repair your bodies after miscarriage? For anyone who has had reoccurring miscarriages, what was the next step that your doctor recommended that you take?

Re: Confirmed loss and TTC

• I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. As far as post loss, I would just follow your OB's recommendation on how long to wait to start trying again and continue taking your prenatals. Best wishes for the future. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I am so sorry you are going through this.  I do hope you get your rainbow baby soon.  If you feel ready and the doctor OKs it physically,  you can start trying again whenever.

After my D&C, my doctor told us to wait 3 months before trying again but I believe that advice varies.  I didn't do anything specific to help with the physical healing but I did rely on my husband and a few close friends for the emotional support.  In general, the OB/GYN group I use didn't have any specific "loss" recommendations and they don't really start doing any testing until after 3 back to back losses and I only had 2, so good for you getting tests done early.

What did finally work for me was that the next doctor I saw suggested I start progesterone suppositories when I got pregnant again.  They can do bloodwork for progesterone levels but she didn't bother, saying that it can only help anyway.  That led to a successful pregnancy and I now have a healthy 18 month old daughter.  Low progesterone is pretty common and can lead to early losses... maybe you can request more blood work next time if your other tests are inconclusive.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the advice about the progesterone. I keep hearing people mention it. I will push for whatever testing I can get done. I normally have spotting when I ovulate and I heard that that is a sign of having low progesterone. Perhaps that will help. It is so wonderful to her that you a baby after everything. That gives me hope. 
  • First, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hate you are dealing with this.

I've had 5 total losses and several d&c's. I will say most doctors will recommend that you wait until you have one full cycle. This mean waiting until AF shows up after you quit bleeding post surgery, this can take a while, so be aware. I conceived my rainbow ds after my last d&c, which was a surprise and happy miracle. As mentioned by PPs typical RPL testing isn't done until after 3 back to back miscarriages. I hope that you get some kind of answer after the testing comes back on your sweet babe. I will be thinking about you, if you have any questions, you can PM me. Unfortunately, I am all to familiar with losses and their aftermath.
  • I am so sorry for your loss :( please take care of yourself. I hope you get your rainbow soon!
  • I am so sorry for your loss
    Me:  28  DH:  33
    Married:  10/04/2014
    DD1:  03/02/15
    DD2:  08/04/16
    Baby 3 Due:  11/23/18!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I would wait however long your ob recommends for ttc again. I second having your progesterone checked next time just in case. After my 2nd miscarriage we tested the embryo and it was a chromosomal issue (which we expected with the way things were looking). My RE said he’d do repeat loss testing if it came back chromosomally normal since it was my second loss. How many losses you need for repeat loss testing depends on your doctor and insurance. Best wishes to you. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• I am sorry for your loss.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• So very sorry you are having to go through this. Do what you need to do, but please stay healthy and take care of yourself!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • *hugs* I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with following whatever your OB recommends. Be kind  to yourself <3

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• I am so sorry for your loss.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I am so sorry for you loss. Please take time to take care of yourself emotionally and physically and follow all of your OBs recommendations. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker