TTC After a Loss

March WTO

13»

Re: March WTO

• @tosh24 sorry about the long cycle. And yes, i can see how you would feel a sense of relief of just knowing the outcome and not having your life revolve around this anymore if you get to the point (i hope you don't and you get a bfp soon!). I don't know how much ttc i have left in me, not much. Trying to take it a month at a time.
  • @Kath525 Absolutely, I feel like a different person. I’m in my 18th cycle of TTC and heading into big-guns RE territory. I don’t know when we’d call it quits, but I know we’re not ready to stop yet. I feel like my first loss in particular really changed me, made me pessimistic in a way I don’t like. If I went back in time and told 20 year old me the things I’ve cried over in this past month, I don’t think she’d believe me. 

@tosh24 Good luck to you. I really hope you have a good outcome. And at the very least, a peaceful one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @tosh24 I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time with the effects of the meds!

@Kath525, this process does make you different.  There’s no way it can’t.  I’m hoping it makes me stronger and better in some ways in addition to all of the hard parts.  

AFM... my brain has already bounced from happy to stressed, as it likes to do.  So, lining looked good yesterday, but there was one stalled out follicle on my right that was tiny and a big guy on my left that they didn’t know if it was a cyst or a follicle.  I got a positive OPK yesterday, so it seems it’s a follicle.  I called the clinic to tell them about the OPK and asked how big the big one was... 26mm.  That’s huge.  I know they trigger people around 20.  I asked if that meant it was a bad egg and they told me not necessarily.  I’m of course in post loss world, though, and I’m now feeling like my eggs must be crap to have follicles growing that huge before ovulating.  I know it’s positive that my body responded and produced estrogen to thicken my lining and trigger an LH surge.  Just worried.  Yesterday I got hopeful that Letrozole alone might be enough for us to get our rainbow and now I’m afraid it won’t be that easy again.  Such a roller coaster.
  • @ccvslp I would talk to your RE about using a trigger. I never used letrozole without one.  That way they can make you ovulate when the follicle size is smaller. My RE considered anything over 24ish as overripe. And your follicle will still continue to grow 1-2 mm/day between surge/trigger and ovulation. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 It’s something to bring up... I wasn’t monitored on day 12 and already that huge so I’m not sure how soon we’d start checking and trigger.  We’ll see... I have no idea what happens in a couple weeks so now is just wait...
  • @ccvslp what day did you go in for your first monitoring? My clinic usually starts CD 12 but sometimes I O early so I had to fight to get them to start doing my first appointment on CD 10. You do need to have a certain amount of trust in your RE, but at the same time,  you know your body best and sometimes the only way to get what you need is to advocate for yourself. My last RE told me that he expected patients to be involved in their care and I have embraced that attitude fully ever since lol. Remember, YOU are paying THEM. There is an element of trial and error in fertility treatments as well,  so I hope your RE is willing to tweak things for you next cycle. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 and @ccvslp I usually go for US on CD10. I don’t usually have another scan until next cycle CD1-3.  At CD they decide when to trigger or if I need another day of meds since I use letrozole and gonal f. 
  • ccvslpccvslp member
    edited April 2018
    @tosh24  @Mack2342 I meant to say my first monitoring was CD12.  It was my first cycle on any meds and I usually O day 17-19 naturally (PCOS) so we had no idea that it would get so big so fast.  I’m bumming hard... I feel like I’m throwing money into the wind right now every time I insert progesterone and I was so excited about my lining being thicker... but if we’d triggered earlier it wouldn’t have been so then what?! Bleh.  I definitely have questions and want tweaks made but I should probably wait to officially test before I start making demands... lol.