September 2018 Moms

Deals, Steals, and Freebies

Re: Deals, Steals, and Freebies

• I went to my local BRU and the entire store was up to 30% off. We ended up buying the carseat we wanted because it's a BRU exclusive item and it was 10% off I believe. Looked like they were having some great deals on floor model furniture, but I didn't look closely.
  • Loading the player...
  • Interesting that some of you ladies are seeing BRU selling floor models. My mom ran into the one near her and they weren't selling any floor model/display cribs and didn't have any in-store! I was hoping to buy one I could see in person. If anyone has any other suggestions for stores that carry cribs let me know!

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• @cbobell2009 we actually got my sons crib/dresser set at Target last year, they have a few out in most stores and it ended up being the one I wanted.

Milk Snob is on Zulily today for about $10 off. I have a few of these and used them soooo much when my son was newborn for the car seat and also for breastfeeding in public, they are great! https://www.zulily.com/brand/milk-snob.html

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• If anyone has been waiting for the Amazon boxes to be available again, I ordered one this morning. It says it won't be in stock/shipped for another week but let me place the order instead of just saying they were sold out.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @treeofcheem I have one coming tomorrow!!! They seem to sell out and restock frequently. Keep checking your registry page for updates (I didn't ever seem to get restock emails)
  • I never got a restocked email either, but one day the option was available when I clicked on it. It only too a few days to come
  • @cbobell2009 BRU will sell the floor models of dressers and armoires but not the cribs. Because they put it together themselves it is a libility issue to sell the cribs. But the other furniture is available. 
  • Pottery barn is having a one day event today with prices 40-70% off specific items across its family of stores including pb baby, pb kids, west elm, etc. Some deals are decent but some aren’t. Just in case anyone has something on their wish list it is worth checking out online. 
  • nackienackie member
    edited April 2018
    I like entering giveaways so I’m ok with that going here.
    On a semi-related note, if you sign up with enfamil, similac and gerbers online they’ll send you a bunch of free formula.  I breastfed DS, but needed to supplement and had enough free samples that we didn’t have to buy any for 2 months. 
  • @nackie that is great to know. A friend of mine who had a baby three months ago took some formula to the hospital with her just in case her child didn't/couldn't latch. She told me that it might be a good idea to pick a formula I'd want to give the baby and bring it to the hospital with us. I may have to sign up for those emails so that I have some formula to bring in.

@DanyTargaryen I have never won either.. but some of my close friends have. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• smsaulino that giveway is amazing! :0 I had a Babylist registry for my first pregnancy and it was great- love how you can add stuff from anywhere including etsy and other websites! Although most people bought off of my Amazon registry :)

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• @smsaulino Do you know if the motherhood maternity sale was specific to your location, or an in store offer only? I saw your post and jumped online but I am not seeing the 80% off.
  • @Redpuma119. I had to click a banner link at the top of the page to view the merch included in the sale.
  • Lol @Redpuma119. It's okay.  We can all have ku-brain together. ;)
  • smsaulino said:
    @nackie that is great to know. A friend of mine who had a baby three months ago took some formula to the hospital with her just in case her child didn't/couldn't latch. She told me that it might be a good idea to pick a formula I'd want to give the baby and bring it to the hospital with us. I may have to sign up for those emails so that I have some formula to bring in
    The hospital will give you a whatever you need. They might even send you home with samples. Also the pediatrician is a good source of samples. 
    And don’t buy too much in advance. Like others said, not every baby will drink every formula. Mine refused to have anything to do with the Gerber formula. I’m glad I didn’t spend money on it. 
  • Baby carriers are on clearance at Kelly’s closet! 
    https://www.kellyscloset.com/Babywearing-Sale_c_1360.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Milk Snob is having a site wide 25% off sale tomorrow starting at 7 am CST. I just added the two covers that I was really wanting to the cart and will be saving $25. 

• I just noticed a link on amazon offering a free gift for making a registry and a $10 purchase, NOT the welcome box, I could choose between a couple of fun teether toys, and all I had
    to do was enter “BRFREEGIFT” at checkout! 

...on the welcome box note, does the purchased item have to ship before you qualify? I’m having issues qualifying for the box :( ...

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

• @jhjocelyn. That’s interesting about the gift. I’ll have to try that. The item for the welcome box does need to ship before they’ll send it to you. Also they keep running out, so you need to keep trying until it’s in stock 
  • jayliijaylii member
    edited April 2018
    If you sign up for the Enfamil Family Beginnings and Similac Strong Moms they will send you a gift box. The similac program also sends you your choice of age, milesstone or holiday baby stickers! 

Edited to add: Please don't throw things at me. I am not supporting or promoting formula companies through my post. :)

• @jaylii it's good to have these resources available! I did sign up for a similar program for my first and we supplemented a couple times in the very beginning and it came in handy for that. If you end up not needing it, a local womens shelter would likely gladly take it.
  • Agreed @nlc8424. I donated a bunch of my formula samples to a girl who found me through Human Milk for Human Babies. I gave her a good portion of my BM stash, but she also knew it wouldn’t last and had plenty of similac cans to get started to supplement her newborn (I think I got six in total!) I’ll be signing up for that again soon! 

I feel like these companies get your info easily from other companies as well. Enfamil already is sending coupons again. I’m thinking Motherhood Maternity is the culprit and gives them your info. I’m fine with it. 
  • jaylii said:
    If you sign up for the Enfamil Family Beginnings and Similac Strong Moms they will send you a gift box. The similac program also sends you your choice of age, milesstone or holiday baby stickers! 

Edited to add: Please don't throw things at me. I am not supporting or promoting formula companies through my post. :)

Kind of a side note, but I had some formula samples that I gave to my mom to keep at her house on the off chance that something happened (flooded roads or natural disaster of some sort) while she was watching DD if I couldn't get to them. Like a baby emergency kit.

You can always donate unopened/unexpired formula samples, too, if you get them as backup and don't end up using them. We never had to supplement, but I was glad to have some samples on hand just in case.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Here’s the info I found for the amazon free gift. Sorry if the pics are huge, I’m mobile.  o:) I tried it on my other account and it worked free shipping and all! 

• I need help! I'm working on an Amazon registry. How can we get both the gift and the welcome box?

• I couldn’t get the gift option to show up for me either. Maybe since I already claimed my welcomed box?
  • I typed it into google, will this link work? 

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=16040099011

• jhjocelyn said:
    I typed it into google, will this link work? 

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=16040099011

That helps!  I made my first purchase off the registry before April 6, so it looks like I’m not eligible :(

• @nackie

Aw bummer! I was just messing around yesterday and stumbled on it, we gave up our prime and so i set up a spare registry on my mom’s prime acct to get the welcome box and thos freebie. The only downfall is the freebie shipped straight to my mom’s no chance to change it! 

• Those in waiting for an Amazon box can now claim it. You have to go to your Amazon registry and hit the "claim" button. I just found out that they are giving out more boxes now. 

• @jaylii. Nice!  Which bottle is that?