September 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/2

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/2

• Loading the player...
  • This is probably TMI and I just need to vent, but DH is out of town for work and I just had a massive anxiety attack. Since TTC I’ve weaned off all my anxiety meds and this is really the first time I’ve had an immediate need to take something to calm down, and it’s hard not being able to. I had the realization that with him not here, if something happens to me I have literally no one else around. Like if something really bad happens my parents will have to take a 6 hr flight. I probably should have made more of an effort to make close friends when I moved here. Any tips on how to calm down in a natural, baby safe way ? :( 
  • @ashh2018 I second prenatal yoga/yoga. Going through an easy yoga routine can be very grounding. It also helps your body physically feel better. It's also a great way to make mom friends!
  • @ashh2018 I hope you’re feeling better this morning. I also find that yoga helps keep me centered. As far as being alone, are there any mom groups in your area you could join?  I know there are a ton online, but if there’s an in person one that would get you out and in contact with other people which would probably help with forming the friendships. And I find most moms are always happy to have new mom friends 
  • @ashh2018 I would also try alternating nasal breathing. https://www.grdhealth.com/articles/left-nostril-breathing-calming. Left sided breathing has some great calming effects and can work well with insomnia too. It basically forces you to focus on your breathing and helps you empty your mind.
  • @southernlady07 I’ll check that out right now, thank you!! 
  • @ashh2018 I am so glad you are feeling better. I would recommend only stopping by ahead of time if you really think it will help you and not make you more nervous or intimidated about the class. Yoga is such a welcoming group and experience and I think it would be so good for you to be around other pregnant moms. You have many of the same concerns and stresses as the rest of us, but your anxiety makes them seem even more stressful. That along with limited support right around you is making things even harder. This is a great chance to make new mommy friends and potential future play dates for your babe. 
  • @southernlady07 that is so exciting and even better that it was with “free money”. Hopefully it will arrive by this weekend and you can take a nice relaxing bath. 
  • H is about to mow the lawn and asked if I could help tomorrow by outline the edges of our neighbors lawn. They are out of town so we are taking care of their house and lawn. I kind of feel bad that I am not out there helping, but today I did 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the brushes on both vacuums and vacuumed our main level. Monday I swept and steamed the floors in the basement and tomorrow I need to steam the floors on the main level, vacuum upstairs and deep clean the kitchen and two bathrooms. My parents are coming Saturday and we are hosting a surprise party for a friend Friday. I realize I am doing a lot, but I always feel like I look lazy when H gets home and I just want to sit around and do nothing. 
  • @southernlady07 that sounds awesome! I wish we had a bigger tub that I could use something like that in. Enjoy it!

@klj0228 yeah I know that feeling but don't usually feel too bad because I know what all I did! My H tends to get an energy burst at a different time than me so it's rare that we're both productive at the same time. Also, jealous you're mowing your lawn since we're nowhere close right now! Mother nature is confused today, we've got 40+ temps but high winds and rain/snow.
  • @klj0228 hahahahaha I also wish we had grass mowing to do... DH is currently snow blowing the driveway. 
  • @nlc8424 @EErin86 this is our 2nd or 3rd mowing of the year already. And mowing is really my favorite chore. I just know if I don’t vacuum and steam the floors it won’t get done. H is a great deep cleaner, he just thinks sweeping and mopping is enough. I think mopping doesn’t really clean your floors, but steaming makes them super clean!  
  • @klj0228 FFWC, it's been an embarrassingly long time since my floors have been mopped and they have never been steam cleaned in the 3 years we have lived here.
  • nlc8424 said:
    @klj0228 FFWC, it's been an embarrassingly long time since my floors have been mopped and they have never been steam cleaned in the 3 years we have lived here.
    I’ll be honest I only steam ours once or twice a year when we have guests coming to visit. It disgusts me to see the water but makes me so happy to walk around on super clean floors. Also, the Hoover hard floor steamer is amazing! I think it takes just a little bit longer than mopping but is much less work. It steams, scrubs and drys the floors. And it gets in between the space between the boards in our hardwoods and gets out every tiny piece of dirt.
  • @nlc8424 Girl same! I’d never even considered steaming my laminate. :open_mouth:
  • @mrsman2018 absolutely nothing wrong with that! I applaud. 

@klj0228 I need to investigate one of those cleaners... sounds fabulous!

• @mrsman2018 mmmmm that’s what I had for dinner too. And my dd loves cucumber avocado rolls! I may have bought an extra for a snack later too...
  • Now I want cucumber avocado rolls. I’m stuck over here with oatmeal 
  • @SkilledSailor That is adorable! Love the booties. Soooo exciting about your a/s tomorrow!
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @SkilledSailor That is so cute!!! My husband really wants to announce already and I really want to wait until I have a big bump! But, seeing cute announcements like yours make me waiver...
  • @southernlady07 @fwtx5815 @magnolia209 Thank you ladies!! 

@magnolia209 Could you wait until your A/S too? Still relatively early but more to share all at once?