September 2018 Moms

FTM April Check-In

Hey everyone! We haven't had one of these in awhile. Now that we're mostly all in second trimester I thought it'd be fun to have another check-in to see how everyone is doing! 

How far along are you? How big is baby? 

How are you feeling? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

Anything exciting to share (appointments, nursery/nesting, etc.)?

GTKY:  Apart from the absolute necessities (and the people you love) what would you find it extremely hard to go a single day without? 

Re: FTM April Check-In

• Loading the player...
  • @magnolia209 you are probably getting to a stage that it’s hard to hide, which is a little scary but also exciting. I hope you are able to keep hiding it until you are ready to tell others. Was it you saying you are going after a promotion right now and that’s why you are kind of hiding it at work still? If so, when will you know about the promotion? 
  • klj0228klj0228 member
    edited April 2018
    @knottie9ca6617c2c6a1c5c We are so glad you are participating! You and I share a due date. There is a post on this board that explains how to change your screen name. It makes it easier for us to tag you if your name isn’t a super long knottie name! Look forward to getting to know you! 

Edited to clarify.
  • @magnolia305 How long are you wanting to hide it for? I can imagine it's been tough! 

@zuzu43 I've been using a large collection of pillows and blankets. I like them better than body pillows because I can mold them to whatever shape I want in that moment. That was a sweet gesture of your MIL!

@klj0228 Yay for more energy! I'm honestly struggling with the weight gain/bump part of it all. My midwife says I'm right on track which logically makes me feel better. But then I keep reading/hearing about all these FTMs that don't show until 20weeks or so and that is just not the case with me. What about you?

@srachilagani When does your H get back?

Welcome Knottie! That's a super cute foot! 
  • @klj0228 @SkilledSailor I’m keeping it quiet at work for a very unspecified possible promotion. It keeps getting pushed back. Originally they were supposed to be interviewing for it now. But, it seems like it might not be until late May/early June. I’m totally over it! I’m not hiding it for personal reasons. It’s not for me. It’s just for a stupid political reason. I want it the promotion, but I don’t want to hide the pregnancy anymore/ I look really big today (and I swear last week I barely had a bump!). So, I’m going to talk to my boss tomorrow to see who specifically she thinks I should keep it quiet from. She knows and is so awesome and supportive, but also recommended that I keep it quiet because of this promotion. 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    I'm 18 weeks, 2 days today. TB has updated for today yet... but apparently baby's fist is the size of an m&m. 

I recently started having a second round of MS. It is worse than first trimester for sure. I went 7 weeks without any sickness at all. It doesn't happen every day but when it does, it lasts all day long. Still no bump but stomach is very tight. Chest has got noticeably larger. Feeling a little overwhelmed because we have yet to purchase anything for the baby. My best friend has purchased all of the child's clothing for the first six months and a blanket and that is all that we have. 

Rants/Raves? 

Questions?

Anatomy scan coming up on April 18. If DH makes it to the appointment, we will be finding out... but keeping it a surprise to everyone else. 

GTKY:  Apart from the absolute necessities (and the people you love) what would you find it extremely hard to go a single day without?
    Right now, just plain bread and strawberries. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @klj0228 school is going as well as it can right now. I'm struggling a little because of my symptoms but so far, my grades have been good. It does take a lot out of me. Just looking forward to next month... when it ends and I don't have to think about it again until next spring semester. I'm definitely taking the fall semester off. I'm due about a week and a half after it starts back up. 

• @starla congrats on the promotion even if it is delayed until you return from maternity leave. 

@magnolia209 hopefully you will get to do the interview and they will make a decision before you have to tell everyone.

@smsaulino good job keeping your grades up through all the symptoms pregnancy brings. I think it’s a great idea to take the fall semester off so you don’t get rushed after baby to get back to class.

@SkilledSailor yay for anatomy scan this week! Our families have bought things for the baby, but we have not gotten anything ourselves. I thought knowing the sex would make it more real, but that hasn’t made it any more real. Hopefully seeing the baby especially since it will really look like a baby will make it more real! Can’t wait to hear how it goes.
  • tpecitpeci member
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    16+3, apparently avocado size which is quite fitting as one of nny cravings haha.

Headaches are getting more common, no major energy burst but significantly less miserable than the first 14w. I have a bad back and it's already starting to hurt, I'll see how that goes. 

Rants/Raves?
    Not really. I'm looking forward to it showing a bit more so I can get offered a seat on the bus and metro haha I feel like a grandma but the commute is long and my back hurts. 

Questions?
    Don't think so. 

Nothing here. Anatomy scan is end of May and my next appointment end of April. I guess I'm excited to start feeling some movements! Sometimes I think I felt something but it's probably gas haha

GTKY:
    Hmmm. Probably my phone because my calendar, contacts and stuff is all there and nowhere else. 
  • @klj0228 I haven't gained any weight on the scale, but my body has definitely changed, and I have a bump that people who already know I'm pregnant have been commenting on. I think perhaps with the morning sickness, I lost some weight, but maybe the scale has stayed the same because I've gained baby + breasts? Also, I've always heard women talk about the weirdness of people touching their bellies, and while I totally believed them, I also just couldn't imagine people being so weird. Last month, I already had my father and someone I don't even know well touch my blump that wasn't even a bump; it was so uncomfortable for me, but I didn't say anything. I think I was more in shock.

@srachilagani Oddly, I wanted the full, wrap-around body pillow to stop me from rolling on my back, but I found it to be so incredibly comfortable sleeping on my back in the middle of that thing that I think it only encouraged me to roll on my back. Perhaps it will be different for you though. Keep me updated! I'll be interested to know if it helps you or does the same.

@magnolia209 that is super frustrating and upsetting that you aren't even hiding it for personal reasons... I hope the promotion comes asap so that you can just share the news with everyone!

@Redpuma119 The random hiccup is usually loud and violent for me as well! How weird. Also, I hadn't really planned on having the nursery furniture yet, but my parents wanted to buy us the furniture, and I felt terrible once I started researching how much it all is. I wound up finding an amazing deal for nice furniture that was clean and in really good shape on Craigslist, so they jumped on it. So now we have the furniture in the room, but we won't get anything else probably until July-ish (mattress, changing pad, clothes, etc.)

• @zuzu43 I think it is great that your parents helped out with the furniture. My parents want to help out a bunch with this baby as well. I think as long as people are offering, it is because they really want to help, and we should let them!
  • @SkilledSailor Exciting about the anatomy scan this Friday! I'm getting really impatient about knowing the sex. 
    @zuzu43 I haven't bought one of the big pillows but I did buy a small wedge pillow this week that I'm enjoying. It's the Hiccapop maternity pillow: https://www.amazon.com/hiccapop-Pregnancy-Maternity-Pillows-Support/dp/B01KG84CLI
    @klj0228 I absolutely have a bump at this point which is taking some getting used to. I haven't been super concerned about the weight gain. I had a rough first tri and although I have been eating a ton the last few weeks, haven't gained any weight yet. 
    @magnolia209 I agree that there's plenty of time to nest. We've already started working in the nursery because we need to clean it out, rip up carpet, refinish floors and paint before we can even think about furniture etc...
    @starla Congrats on the promotion. I agree that I could have waited to tell work longer than I did!
    @smsaulino Sorry to hear that you are experiencing MS again! Oh and don't worry about not buying anything for baby yet, you have a lot of time! I also have a friend like yours who is due a month before me but has bought a ton more stuff than me. 
    @ashh2018 @klj0228 A woman who is at best a distant acquaintance came up and touched my belly when we were at a friend's Easter dinner on Sunday. It surprised me and in that situation I just rolled with and didn't say anything. If other family try to touch my stomach I will say something. Oh and my greatest fear is at work. I'm a Librarian so I work with the general public. I'm scared that a customer is going to try to touch my belly. :0
  • @jaylii these centering appointments sound so cool!
  • @skilledsailor I am not sure. The last appointment was just the Doppler, so we shall see! I can't wait for the bump!
  • @Redpuma119 I’m talking a lot about my bump this week, but seriously, it came out of nowhere! 1.5 weeks ago I felt like I was behind and was wondering when I would start showing. It really happened fast! And, it is daunting to think about how our bodies are changing. I do have moments of “what have I done to myself?”. But, overall, this is so cool and exciting. I’m sure you will be showing soon! 
  • @adirat That's so weird. Why would she poke it? My mom and sister both touched my belly over the weekend and it was weird. My mom actually kissed it, which was cute, but also awkward. 

@SkilledSailor We got the 2017 Uppa Baby Cruz. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @SkilledSailor no meds help... but at least it's not every day. 

• @skilledsailor @starla Why would she poke me? A question that would be asked of a normal person but not an unusual behavior for my very strange crazy MIL. I told her not to and she just shrugged.

• @iba34 for some reason I can eat french fries, but other fried food is off limits. That’s awesome your ms has gotten better and you aren’t having to take the unisom and B6 anymore. 
  • @klj0228 @iba34 I've also had trouble eating fried foods, moreso than usual. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @iba34 Now I want fish tacos. *drool*  I was also told by a few friends that the snoogle was the best. I havent gotten one yet- but I think that’s the brand I’ll be going with. If you get one soon you should let us know what you think!