July 2018 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 4/3

Started in anticipation of my Twatwaffle-ish family drama later in the day. 

Who are the twats in your life today ladies?!

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 4/3

• Options
    DH again. Maybe I’m just too sensitive and hormonal right now.
    Before i even got dressed DH told me it was cold outside. He’s usually a warm body so it’s surprising to hear him say it’s cold. Well DS puts on a fight every morning to put a sweater or jacket. And DH didn’t want to deal with it and just left the sweater there. I took it with me for at least the time we are out going to the sitter. DH says to not even deal with it (but I’m freezing! Imagine a 2 yr old?!) i proceed to put it on him before we got out of the car (minor fuss). And i told DH that if he doesn’t want to deal with the sweater he can then deal with a sick DS. He responds “i guess that makes you the superior parent” wth? I didn’t say anything back.
    Then as he’s showing his frustration driving in traffic he points out that we really need to drop off DS by 630 (we were maybe 10 late today). Almost insinuating it’s my fault. I woke up maybe 5 mins late because i apparently turned off my alarm and DS pooped requiring another diaper change- all out of the ordinary. We just got a bad day of traffic too. Like chill out! Also mentally thinking he can wake up earlier then 20 mins before leaving while I’m up about 45 mins. 
    Can this week be over?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The lady that handles FMLA at work. She is always coming at me with some sort of attitude about something and making this crap even more difficult than it should be. Very frustrating. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the TW is my cat or me.  I put his food on top of the washer last night so that the dog wouldn't eat it while I let him run around a bit, but I forgot to put it back down.  He started meowing like crazy at 4:53 this morning and didn't stop until I eventually got up and took down the food.  He also apparently attempted to eat some flowers someone brought for Easter and then threw them up on the kitchen counter.  
  • Options
    Snow is my twatwaffle... So over it!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    American Airlines...the second flight home was SO COLD and while I don't have a sore throat my throat is super dry and I feel like I'm building up a cough maybe. Ugh! Just after I escaped the lady with a cold...

Heading to the glucose test appointment shortly... hopefully no tw there.
  • Options
    cseley321cseley321 member
    edited April 2018
    I have a guy at work who is fighting me tooth and nail on every request I make. The person who was doing my position before was not being thorough, and it's like he is trying to rebel or something. If I tell him that his employees are not adhering to policy, he has an excuse for everything. Don't shoot the messenger FFS.
  • Options
    @busymommy23 - why don't HR people have more compassion!? my HR person gave me 'tude for not just carrying and paying for STD on my own....ummmmm
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited April 2018
    @zande2016 I think we may be married to the same man-child. MH actually had a self-aware moment and referred to himself as a man-child when asking for help the other day. 

My TW today is my MIL. She wants to take professional family photos...in October. My baby is due July 24, you can't exercise for a month postpartum, I have a hormonal condition that makes it hard for me to lose weight, and my baby probably won't be sleeping through the night by then. So I'll be both fat AND sleep deprived. Newborn photos are one thing...they do careful lighting and closeups rather than full body shots. But full body shots where I'll be in the pic with 2 SILs? I don't think so. I told her that she could either wait until next spring or not have me in the family photos (which would look super awkward and like MH and I were separated or something). So basically I told her we were taking pictures next spring and not in October. 

ETA: I mean...you don't just get to tell me "I'm taking professional photos of you in October." Yeah....last time I checked, I'm an autonomous human being who has a say in when and under what conditions I'll be photographed. 
  • Options
    Snow is my twatwaffle... So over it!! 
    Yep!  Knock it off, Mother Nature and Old Man Winter!  End this love affair.  So effing over it!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I’m not sure if I’m the TW or DS is the TW but everyone is a grump in this house today and it’s rainy and miserable out. 
    Every complaint coming out of DS mouth is a screeching meltdown and I just cannot deal today, I have zero patience. 
    I anticipate lots of TV and as much stress cleaning as I can fit in today before a (hopefully) easy bed time routine.