September 2018 Moms

STM Chat w/o 4/2

New month new post. Don't feel like you need to abandon the other one ASAP but I wanted this here for when we're ready. How about a little check in too? 

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How old is your LO(s)?

Any rants or raves? Questions?

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?

Re: STM Chat w/o 4/2

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?

How old is your LO(s)?

17+4. As big as they are, lol, no idea.

DS is 22 months (or will be in 3 days!). He's awesome. Finally starting to be a more consistent sleeper. Not good, but so much less bad. He now sometimes sleeps through the night. I'm concerned about them waking each other up. Planning on keeping my son in his crib as long as I can because he is so bad of a sleeper. This baby will sleep in our room for quite a while. I think white noise machines will be helpful...we already have ceiling fans so they're a good start at least. 

No real rants, I just wish he wasn't terrified of toilets and potties. Won't sit on them naked. Not that I want to push him, but I'd like to introduce him to the concept. Oh well. Mostly just scared of managing too by myself in the very early days.

Hawaii-I am a beach girl, not a winter girl. Having so little sun in winter and so much in winter would freak me out-I'm a bad sleeper too. Also I've heard Alaska in summer is hot and super buggy. Nope.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    17 weeks tomorrow! An order of fries

How old is your LO(s)?
    Will be two in May (I'm so excited for it to get warm out so we can have a bicycle themed party with the kids riding bikes in the driveway)

I feel like winter will never end, we have so many spring projects that I'm worried they will all be too delayed (garden, planting trees, chicken coop, clean out shed and garage, open pool)

Totally Hawaii right now... I need some sun! Some tropical hiking would also be awesome

We are dabbling in potty training. DD likes to sit on the potty and has used it a few times but nothing consistent. I'm not sure when I will get serious about it. My 4 year old niece had trouble potty training and it took forever so I'm slightly gun shy
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 15w5d, navel orange

How old is your LO(s)? almost 19 months

Any rants or raves? Questions? Now that I know LO #2 is also a boy I've been imagining them playing with their trucks together. There's definitely part of me that would have liked to have one of each, but it will be fun to have 2 boys so close in age.

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Alaska. Yea Hawaii looks beautiful, but there are plenty of Caribbean beaches that don't require a 24 hour plane flight for me. If I'm going to travel that far I want to see things I can't see anywhere else. I'd love to go on an Alaskan cruise some day.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 17+1, pomegranate 

How old is your LO(s)? DD is 5

Any rants or raves? Questions? Rant: Haven't been sleeping great and having a really difficult time getting up for work in the mornings. Took a Unisom last night and I hated the way it made me feel, then woke up drowsy this morning. Ugh. Raves: Had a great family weekend, and just loving this age with DD. She is so much fun and her independence certainly makes being pregnant a little easier! Also, really looking forward to finding out the sex in two weeks, because it definitely helped me feel closer to DD once I knew she was a girl. 

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Hawaii! So ready for consistently warmer weather. Although I have always wanted to take my Mom on an Alaskan cruise!

@arbell615 We waited until DD was showing signs she was ready (2+10 months) and I had a week off of work. We stopped diapers cold turkey and went straight to panties during the day. We did pullups at night for a little while and moved her to her toddler bed so she could get up and go if she needed. Every 30 minutes or so throughout the day I'd have her sit on the potty (we just got a seat for our regular toilet-she never liked the small potty) and used positive reinforcement. Any time she would show signs she needed to go, I would encourage her to sit on the potty, too. She did have several accidents the first day and a half, but it clicked pretty quickly and she got it. #2 took a while longer, and we did use candy for that because she really struggled with it. 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• JLyn821JLyn821 member
    edited April 2018
    18 weeks - artichoke?

How old is your LO(s)?
    DS will be 4 in two weeks
    DD is 20 months today

Why is it so damn hard for people to RSVP to a party?! DS’s birthday party is in a couple weeks and I’m throwing my parents a 40th anniversary party in a month. Both invitations have been out for weeks and I’ve heard from a handful of people. It’s so freaking rude. I even gave a text option for responding. It’s not difficult people!

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, why?
    Both! I love traveling!
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    15 weeks and a naval orange? 

How old is your LO(s)?
    DD is 4 1/2 y/o

I'm just sick of being sick and not being able to be the parent or spouse that I can be. DD is starting to take it hard when I just can't stomach reading some of her books because they talk about food.

DD is also trying to regress on potty training and it's just... it's just fucking hard. 

Hawaii. I'm just more of a beach and warm weather person. I like to park myself in a beach chair and just read. 
    16+2, the size of an avocado

How old is your LO(s)?
    DS is 21 months

Not a whole lot currently. As I mentioned in randoms, I've been told I've popped out (which I can clearly see) so I'm trying to get used to that so early on. DS is pretty great, continuing to add onto his vocab daily. We're trying to work through frustrating situations without throwing and hitting stuff and just need to keep being consistent with our response. I feel anxious at times about handling 2 but I know that being anxious about it doesn't do anything, so I'm trying to quell these feelings as best as possible.

Hawaii hands down. I love beach, salty air, relaxed vibe places. My H also hates being cold so he could never handle that. I'd love to make this a reality sometime!
  • Anyone think they're feeling movement but not sure? I was expecting it to be really obvious since this isn't my first time through this. With DS I felt obvious pops around 17-18 weeks so I'm trying to figure out if the strange (for lack of a better word right now) sensations I've noticed a few times are early movement. 
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • @DanyTargaryen I feel the same way questioning what I'm feeling and I definitely thought I'd be able to identify it easier. I almost feel like life is too loud or busy or something for me to really focus in and notice small movements going on.
  • Anyone think they're feeling movement but not sure? I was expecting it to be really obvious since this isn't my first time through this. With DS I felt obvious pops around 17-18 weeks so I'm trying to figure out if the strange (for lack of a better word right now) sensations I've noticed a few times are early movement. 
    Me!  Last time I didn’t really feel anything until it was the really obvious pops. As in, the first time I felt a kick was also the first time DH was able to feel it with his hand on my belly. That was at 17 weeks, which is where I am now and I still just feel flutters which I think is baby, but could possibly still just be gas. 
  • @DanyTargaryen If I relax, sometimes I think I feel a tiny flutter.
  • @DanyTargaryen I guess I have an anterior placenta this time around so it'll be a while before I feel anything and anything I thought I felt before was apparently just gas :'(
  • stothi said:
    @DanyTargaryen I guess I have an anterior placenta this time around so it'll be a while before I feel anything and anything I thought I felt before was apparently just gas :'(
    That's a bummer :disappointed:
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • I had an anterior placenta with DD and it was lame, at 20 weeks I was feeling big kicks. @DanyTargaryen I thought I would be feeling for sure movements by now at almost 17 weeks but my doctor just told me it's hard to say until weeks 19-20. More patience I guess
    16 weeks today (advocado)

How old is your LO(s)?

2.5 years.. will be 3 right when baby is born

No major rants.. i just have my 16 week appt tomorrow and i'm slightly nervous. At my 12 week one the Dr. could not find the heartbeat with the doppler but used a little ultrasound and we got to see the baby and see the flicker of the heartbeat. Dr said she wasn't concerned at all (since the baby is so small at 12 weeks and there could be many reasons why the doppler didn't pick it up). She said not to worry.. but obviously i still worry!

Hawaii hands down... love warm weather and beaches

My daughter is pretty much potty trained and starting to dress/undress herself (still needs help with the shirts), but i'm hoping by sept she'll have it down! 
  • @arbell615 we just tackled potty training a week and a half ago with our 25 month old. I’ll spoiler the rest of this PT talk. The following is just based on our experience/what I read and of course each kid is different 

We followed the method from Oh Crap Potty Training and have been really really happy with how it’s going. It’s written by a potty training consultant. She suggests jumping right in when LO shows signs of readiness (she says roughly between 20-30 months old) and avoiding the kinda-sorta-not really attempts at trying. We definitely made the mistake of setting the potty out early to let him “get used to it”, having him occasionally sit on it, and as a result we had to teach him it’s not a toy when it came time to PT. Oops. 
    I took 2 days off of work split by the weekend so that we had 4 straight days to work on it before going back to school, but we probably would’ve been fine with just 3 days at home. The only accidents DS has had at daycare are with aiming issues (their mini toilets are a little higher than his potty at home). 
    She breaks it down into blocks-
    Block 1 is naked from the waist down and you try to bring the awareness of what it feels like when they’re peeing/about to pee. 
    Block 2 is when you move to having them go commando: wearing pants but no underwear so that they don’t confuse the feeling of underwear with a diaper, taking short trips out of the house. She talks about how for 2+ years, they’ve been used to the feeling of a diaper so you want a sort of “reset” them which is why you skip underwear for a few weeks. 
    Block 3 is introducing underwear and longer trips out. 
    The author advises against rewards, but we’ve just done sticker rewards for pee and small pieces of candy for poop. At around 10days in, he’s already stopped expecting rewards. 
    You can choose to do night training at the same time or wait and tackle it later if it’s not a good time when you train for daytime. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
    18 weeks! Size of a sweet potato

How old is your LO(s)?
    turned 2 in February 

Rave is just that potty training is going well and I’m so proud of our boy. Looking forward to only having 1 in diapers at a time and not needing to buy another diaper pail, changing pad covers, etc. It will be nice though when it’s just a regular part of his day and not something that we’re constantly thinking and talking about. 

Rant is that there is so much stuff we need to do to get the nursery for this babe ready and I’m nearly at what will (probably) be my halfway mark of this pregnancy. DS came at 37 weeks, eek! I’m for sure not going past 39 weeks regardless. 

i want to say I’d choose Alaska since I’ve never been and there’s probably tons of cool stuff to do, but Hawaii sounds like heaven right now. I pick Hawaii. 
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • @fwtx5815 (and others!) thank you for sharing your experiences. The ‘oh crap potty training’ book is the one I have, so I’m happy to hear a positive experience. I think we’ll be diving in on Thursday.....I’ll let you know how it goes!
  • @arbell615 good luck! Let us know how it goes
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • mrsman2018mrsman2018 member
    edited April 2018
    I am 14+3, baby is as big as a beet. 

How old is your LO(s)?
    18 months.

I don't know if there is a sleep regression at this age, teething or cause of the time change - but my champion sleeper takes hours to fall asleep at night for the past few weeks. Whhhyyyyy?? 

Hawaii because I live in frosty ass Canada already and we need a break. It's April, no need for -30. 
  • Sorry I just wanna piggyback on the potty training convo because I'm having a super rough time with my daughter. She turns 3 in June. We dabbled with potty training in the past but nothing serious until now which is our mistake. We have to skip
    Pullups and go straight to underwear. Problem is she just doesnt get it. She just stands there and wets herself. Realizes shes going but doesnt try to stop it or try to run to the potty. The only times shes done pee in the potty is by chance when we make her sit every 20 or 30 min. She really doesnt wanna sit either. I dont want to go backwards and try again later because that will be the third time we've taken a potty training break. Any advice from you moms who've been in my situation is appreciated.
  • Total side note, but am I the only one with a toddler that poops 2-4 times per day, every single day? 

It's not new, and it's not diarrhea, he just goes a lot. And it's not even that smelly, so I don't always notice right away...which understandably leads to rash. Sigh.

It is just so confusing to me. 22 months old now, and no potty training in sight, he poops almost as often as he pees!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeamocktail mine still poops at least twice a day. He’s very good at announcing when it’s happening though, so hopefully that will make potty training easier when I get the motivation to start. Although he does occasionally think he’s pooping when it’s really just a big fart. 
  • @pourmeamocktail DS poops twice a day most days. Granted he can’t announce it verbally yet, but he does get super quiet and still, so I’m usually aware that it’s happening. I think it’s within the realm of normal. This was a kid I had to feed Miralax to initially (after several bouts of constipation and suppositories :'(  ) so I’ll take this any day! But yeah, that may make future potty training fun.  :s
  • @pourmeamocktail Dd is a special snowflake pooper thanks to her cf. Good days she goes 2x a day at least. But it takes 4 doses of miralax to make that happen...

I will say it did not slow down potty training,
    since her poop consistency is usually all over the board we lined the little potty seat w produce bags to save having to scrub it out after every poop... cause my stomach is just not that strong. Total life saver. We still do this, we keep the little potty in our vehicle now, and use it in the road rather than public bathrooms. 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @pourmeamocktail my toddler frequently poops multiple times a day. 2-3 is the most common for him.
  • kbfashkbfash member
    edited April 2018
    1. 15w3d

2. 2.5, DD will turn 3 10 days before my due date

3. My general anxiety has been extremely high for no good reason, my usual tools aren’t working great. Hoping this is a short phase...

4. Hawaii, my soul lives at the beach. My body lives in the Midwest. 

Ps. DD was 75% potty trained and completely regressed once we told her we were having a baby. So if anyone figures it out I am open to any advice! 
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! twice so far today....it was 5 times on sunday. 

I may be hyper aware because we use cloth, so every poop is a trip down the stairs to spray off a diaper. And Wednesdays is nanny day-so I have two toddler boys, both in cloth, so usually 5-7 poops. At least their sprayer is main floor!

He doesn't tell me when he's going, and he actually plays by himself so well, plus just squats a lot in general, so it's so hard to guess when. 

Not a big deal, but dude, if he does up like his dad and takes freaking 15-25 min to poop, and it's still 2-4 times per day, every day, I'm insisting on building a third bathroom, that's just for me. Especially if this baby is the same way, lol! 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 16 weeks today. Dill pickle 

How old is your LO(s)? 2 

Any rants or raves? Questions? DS is doing really well in the side-less crib. We bought a twin bed and bedding for his big boy room when we move in 1.5 weeks.  Once we make that transition we will focus more firmly on potty training. He’s gone on the potty several times and has the ability to hold it and let us know he needs to go but doesn’t want to be interrupted to stop and go. Worried about the move and DS being on the other side of the house. 

GTKY: Alaska for the reasons mentioned by others above. I’d love to hike and explore. I do love a good beach vacay but can do that closer to home. 
  • Last night was rough. We've had some interesting weather to say the least, and last night it was wind with gusts up to 65 mph and rain/snow. We ended up losing power at our house around 6:45 pm; original restoration time was 8:45 pm so I put DS in his own bed. Shortly before H and I fell asleep, restoration time changed to 11:45 pm. Our house was losing heat fairly quickly so I had H put an extra blanket on DS. Then DS woke up at 11:20 (which he never does), so I had H go check on him, he wasn't too cold but we decided to bring him into our bed. Kid does NOT know how to cosleep. Couldn't get comfortable, didn't want to use pillows or blankets and it was down to 57 degrees in our house and restoration was changed to 2:00 am. Power finally came back on at 12:30 so I shipped DS back to bed since no one was sleeping anyway, and then he whined on and off for another hour before falling asleep. Ugh. Not enough coffee in the world today.