October 2018 Moms

Stabby Saturday 3/31

Re: Stabby Saturday 3/31

• It’s supposed to snow tomorrow.  So my kids’ super adorable Easter outfits will have sweaters and tights added.  Aaaand it’s not supposed to get higher than 52 for the next 10 days.  Figure your shit out, Nebraska.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m not even stabby today. Shockingly. Probably because my headache that’s been hanging on for 4 days is pretty much gone and DH and I both have the whole day off for once! My house is still clean from thurs and all the laundry is almost done...now I just really want my Taco Bell fix but DH is around and he will probably give me a judgy side eye. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm super annoyed with the "small meals every 2 hours" business...I just want to eat 3 meals a day and be done with snacking. It's so annoying to have to eat ALL the time!!
  • @mama2bofthree this weather is driving me mad too! I want it to be spring so I can be outside! My 16 month old is getting stir crazy! 
  • I took a basketball to the face this morning and it knocked out a crown (incisor). Called my dentist and they refuse to touch me without a written OB consent. I called my OB and the on call doc is a real bitch and won’t fax anything but said she would call. She did, but didn’t give the dentist any actual instruction, won’t send anything written and they won’t fix it until the office faxes something on Monday. So now I get to spend Easter weekend looking like a freaking toothless hick. Happy fucking day. 
  • +1 to being over the weather. 

My annoyance is at the people at the McDonald’s drive through that messed up my order after I was done with the 3hr glucose test.  Egg McMuffin =/= Sausage McMuffin with Egg. 

I still want my Sausage McMuffin with Egg. :( Tomorrow.  I’ll get one tomorrow...
  • My husband brought me to an anime convention in Boston. Totally not my thing. I'm exhausted from walking and just wanted to get back to my hotel room and it took 15 mins just to get into an elevator cause it's so packed. I ordered Papa John's just for the garlic butter since otherwise it's pretty mediocre so I also paid for extra butter. They delivered me no extra butter and the one tub that comes with the pizza had crushed and spilled onto a corner of the box :( and they cut it into like 1 inch slices??? Ok maybe my problems are minimal.....but I wanted that garlic butter!
  • My mother started talking about my in-laws today and she is already jealous of them. She’s already mad at me for things that haven’t happened. She’s acting like she should be the sole grandparent and my in-laws should just step aside. I hate this whole “competition” she feels.
  • I'm super annoyed with the "small meals every 2 hours" business...I just want to eat 3 meals a day and be done with snacking. It's so annoying to have to eat ALL the time!!
    This! I want to be normal!!!
  • DH complains he doesn't want to stay at my family Easter all day so he can relax at home a bit this weekend. So he left early no problem with that. I get home a couple hours later and he asks if we can go hang out at a bar an hour away with some of our friends who "want to see you before you leave for work tomorrow" (I leave for NJ for a monthish for work) like what happened to relaxing?! 
  • @nayyohme - I feel your pain. 
    Agree! We are our to dinner and we got appetizers. Now I'm so full I don't even want my dinner.
  • @sammierose464 I just got home from dinner... forgot how big their "bowl" of tortilla soup was and took about 75% home with me. Oops.
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited April 2018
    My husband and I agreed we were not traveling tomorrow. Which turned into now going to two different houses of his relatives a state away, totally effing up our 3 year old’s schedule in the process. 
  • I'm feeling really stabby cuz I've been feeling really gross again today. Weird tightness in my abdomen, almost contraction-ish. Lays me out flat most of the time. :confounded: 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Traffic. The normally 1 hour drive to the zoo took 1.5 hours there and over 2 hours home. Thank the lord the kiddo decided to chill the whole ride. 
  • @mama2bofthree I'm on the west side of NE and the snow is just starting! :persevere: should be fun...
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @coffee-saur we were supposed to head west tomorrow morning, but 4-8” seemed like a good excuse to stay close to home!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jellybelly114jellybelly114 member
    edited April 2018
    I was REALLY excited for some braised ribs I ordered at a new local restaurant for dinner. It took almost an hour for the dishes to come out, and when they finally do mine looks like a plate of tortellini without the braised ribs. I hangrily asked the waiter where the meat was and explained that the dish wasn't at all what I was expecting (casually leaving out the part where it didn't even taste good because it had some super overpowering taste like capers or something). He points to my plate full of pasta and says "its in there, its just the way the chef does it he shaves the meat into the sauce." Except that there was barely any sauce and I had 5 other people at my table to confirm it. It could've said something like that on the menu too because I was expecting some freaking ribs not a pasta dish with rib sauce. He offered to bring a side of extra meat, and even though I knew I wasnt going to eat it out of principal I said yes anyway. I took two bites and asked for a box. DH will eat the leftovers. So pissed! 
  • We ordered Chinese take-out. I ate way too much, and now I’m so nauseated! So I can’t eat the key lime pie DH made for dessert :cry:
  • @mama2bofthree it's a white world out there already! Staying home is a good call I'd say.
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • I will start with the most important part, which is that everyone is completely okay. ...but my husband was in an accident on Wednesday and our van (which we bought a year ago) is totaled. We have already picked out a new one and were going to pick it up on Saturday but then we woke up to like a foot of snow so we decided to wait (the dealership is only 20 minutes away but only on country roads in the middle of nowhere, so most of the drive was not even plowed until later in the day on Saturday). We are hoping to go today because it is supposed to start snowing this afternoon and continue all week (welcome to Wisconsin, where March comes in like a lion and goes out like a polar bear).
    Also, I went to church yesterday morning and when i got out of the service someone had taken my coat (i am assuming, as after everyone left there was a coat that looked just like mine left hanging there) which meant i was stranded with no car keys...and my husband could not bring me my spare because we only have one car until we pick up the new one.

Anyway, I got a ride and it is all fine, and good insurance, and we will have a new car by today most likely or within a couple days at the longest, so I realize these are relatively small problems, but it has not been the smoothest week! ;)
  • @norahkate - that sucks.  I’m glad everyone is ok, but what a terrible weekend!
  • @norahkate oh wow, I am glad everyone is ok though!
  • @norahkate Wow, what a rough week! Sorry that all happened to you!
  • @norahkate Yikes - well glad you are all ok! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• @sammierose464 - oooOooo That would make me see red too.  

I actually had someone tell me that I need to stay home with baby over the weekend.  
  • @knottieamusements my friend in Georgia gets that a lot. All these people tell her she should stay home and not put her baby in daycare. Um, not always an option.
  • @norahkate glad everyone is Ok!

@sammierose464 That would upset me too! 

@knottieamusements I get that a lot from my mom. Due to our current situation (SO is out of work on disability) he is the one to stay home with DS. My mother always comments how it should be me home and not SO. It drives me nuts. 
  • Yesterday hubby posted a status on FB that said "I'm looking forward to raising my sons to be good men." One of his friends replied "Not good men, REAL men.". Maybe it's just mama bear kicking in, but I was really offended and wanted to ask what he meant by that. If my son decides he'd rather do ballet than baseball, that he likes other boys, or whatever it may be...he will still be a "real man". Unless of course he is transgendered, in which case good for her. I'll love my baby no matter what.
    Ew I would not be able to stop myself from asking so they’d have to explain themselves publicly.
  • @norahkate so glad your husband is okay! Hopefully you get your other keys back soon! 

@sammierose464 you're a bigger person than me, I wouldve commented on it asking what part of how your sons are raised is his business and no matter how they grow up they'll be good real men.
  • Its a friend of DHs who I don't really know and is a bit "odd" in his responses sometimes. I plan on bringing it up to DH because it just bugged me.
  • @norahkate I am sorry all that happened, it sounds frustrating!

@sammierose464 what an ignorant, closed minded comment! I personally don’t give a flying F if my son is a “real man” as long as he is a good person...