August 2018 Moms

high risk pregnancy check-in 03/27

**sorry this is late today guys!**

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Any fun Easter plans?
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: high risk pregnancy check-in 03/27

• How far along are you?
    20w+6d

Why are you high-risk?
    Genetic condition, heart condition, vasa previa

Had our bi-weekly US today, umbilical cord is still firmly rooted over my cervix so she is still blocked. Will check again in two more weeks to see if it has moved at all, but isn’t looking promising!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I still laugh that I was prepared for all of the complications that can come with my genetic condition and was completely ok with the risk, but I still feel so blind sided by the vasa previa. I think I’m still very upset about the csection and the fear that comes with having major surgery for someone who has incredibly poor wound healing and what recovery is going to look like. I’m terrified that I won’t be able to take care of my baby because my body will be a mess. 

We are going to a friend’s house. They do a regular Easter egg hunt for the kids with candy, and an adult Easter egg hunt with money for the big kids. Should be a riot!
  • neeraja_kneeraja_k member
    edited March 2018
    How far along are you?
    18+2

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, GD, History of Hypertension 

Just had my first round A/S today and further checking in on my diabetes.

My blood sugar values had been creeping up over the past week and a half, despite eating pretty much the same food every day at pretty much the same times. So my insulin was bumped up for breakfast and dinner and we'll see how I do on that. 

I found out I have a partial placenta previa, about 1/3 of it is over the cervix. The doctor fully expects it to pull away from the cervix as the uterus expands further up, so he didn't seem concerned at all. He said the only time they worry is if the dead center of the placenta is over the cervix.  

Baby was super active, kicking, punching, waving, and sucking its thumb. And it's a good thing I'm Team Green, because the tech could not get a good view of its bits. She pushed this way and that, and it either wouldn't open its legs or it'd roll over and hide its bum. 

But it weighs 9oz, heart rate was 165 bpm, what parts she could see and measure looked perfect. Plus my cervix was nice and long. =D

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Ohemgee, I have a baby inside of me! It was so amazing to watch its little feet stomping around in there. I could have burst into tears watching it wiggle around. How is it possible to love something that you haven't seen so much... 

I honestly hate Easter. So other than the same disgusting food we've had for Easter for the past 30+ years at my mom's, no. And now with the diabetes I can't even eat candy. Hmph.

Edited to add: 
    They took blood to test my iron, thyroid, and A1c levels when I explained my complaints (no energy, cold all the time, pale, easily out of breath), so it was nice to not have to fight about it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    18w 4d

Why are you high-risk?
    Diabetes

Nothing this week

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Lots of back pain and hip pain this week. Checking with insurance to see if they cover chiropractor appointments.

An Easter egg hunt at the Zoo. Brunch with my family and big Easter egg hunt at our house. Miss Muffet is really excited!
  • How far along are you? 19w+ 2d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, 2 MC's, corrected septate uterus, cerclage

No, not this week. Not going to get an appointment until the middle of April. Don't see the LO until May 3 :(

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I *think* I felt the baby move/kick the other day? It was like a little tap from the inside - but it didn't feel like normal gas (although it could totally still be gas). Haven't really felt it since so... I'm not sure if it was a fluke or something from the baby. Once you feel movement, do you start to ALWAYS feel it? Or does it take some time to ramp up in frequency?

Not really. Easter is kind of low on my holiday totem pole. Although it is the holiday with the best candy. I'll be hitting up the grocery store on Monday for discounted cadbury eggs for sure. 

I think on Friday I'm going over to a friends house and helping her kids dye easter eggs, but that's all I have planned. 

@neeraja_k So glad to hear your AS went well! 
  • How far along are you? 21 weeks tomorrow

Why are you high-risk? 2 previous placental abruptions 

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Saw my OB on Monday. He agreed with my MFM that I should deliver by 36/37 weeks to be safe, hoping that I make it that far.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I’m a little nervous about an induction vs a c-section, just because I’ve had so many friends with failed inductions if their body wasn’t ready, and at 36 weeks my body may not be ready. But a c-section is major surgery and would be a much more difficult recovery. My dilemma is I could potentially spend 3 days being induced and ending up with an emergency c-section, which freaks me out way more. My doctor’s words when I brought it up was “we’ll do whatever the fuck you want to do, let’s just make sure you get that far first” aka calm yourself, woman :lol:

GTKY: Any fun Easter plans? Taking DS to his first Easter egg hunt on Saturday. It’s free and put on by a big local church. He’s excited already, because I told him how often there is candy in the eggs. Then we’re going to lunch with my FIL and his wife. No actual plans for Easter, except possibly going to Disneyland to take advantage of the food and wine festival, and hoping the Easter/Spring Break crowds aren’t too crazy first thing in the morning. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @hezzer78 I started feeling movement around 16w, but very sporadic. Some days I would feel things, but would go days in between. Now at almost 21 weeks, I feel at least something daily, but still not frequently throughout the day. I found that she moves more in the evening when I am reclined on the couch and after I eat dessert or drink juice. 
  • How far along are you?
    19w3d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, blood pressure starting to creep up

Not this week. Anatomy Scan April 6 and I’m ready to hear the heartbeat again but also nervous about the scan. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I think I felt baby move today. Maybe. 

Omg I just want a good nights sleep. 

Three family dinners, so much food. FIL’s house the kids (including my DH) will have a silly string fight after the egg hunt. At DH’s grandparents’ house the adult kids will Easter egg hunt (we get cash). Probably dinner and board/card games at my parents’ house. 

@neeraja_k glad the anatomy scan went well! 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• How far along are you?
    19+4

Why are you high-risk?
    Crohn's disease, autimmune liver disease and autoimmune arthritis. Elevated AFP

OB apt Thursday and redraw of cell free dna. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Specimen insufficent result for last week's cell free dna teat. Already had the test had 12 weeks, and now my mfm is insisting on a second one since the first had limited fetal dna, along with having abnormal sequential screen results. Its hard hearing that "the a/s looks good, but there still may be something". I'm still trying to process and figure out emotions.

Sex reveal for my immediate family (as well as dh and myself) before easter dinner. Dh insisted that we do something, and I caved. 
  • How far along are you? 19+5

Why are you high-risk? Diabetes and geriatric uterus :D

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? OB appt on Monday but just the normal pee in a cup, Doppler, questions, Bye!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm stabby today. My fasting numbers have been high, like 135 to 185. With DH out of work I'm working a ton of OT and it's cutting into my sleep, plus stress, blah blah, blah. Just annoying. So I'm trying to find some coping mechanisms for the stress while they crank my insulin doses through the roof.

GTKY: Any fun Easter plans? We're going to my MILs for dinner. We hid a bunch of plastic eggs around DS's play room with an animal cracker in each one. So he'll be playing and then discover an egg and he just lights up! He's only 19 months so he would lose interest in an actual egg hunt in like 3 minutes so this was our solution

@kc0711 - I'm so sorry you're dealing with the stress with the c section news. I really hope that the surgery is easy and that you have a quick recovery! It's hard to come to terms with not getting the delivery you want.
    @neeraja_k - I teared up reading about how you love that little baby so much! It really is an incredible experience! <3
    @hoodwink89 - sorry about the back pain, I hope you get to see a chiropractor!
    @hezzer78 - that sounds like baby! Totally normal to go for days without feeling movement again. I think it's like 26 weeks-ish that they say you should feel pretty consistent movement, and that might only be at certain times during the day or after drinking juice or something
    @elsieisamoocow - your doctor's words have me cracking up! I get being nervous about being induced. I went in for my scheduled induction at 39 weeks and wasn't even fingertip dialated and baby was still high up. If you want to talk, I can give you my perspective. I had a great induction and it was about 24 hours from when I checked in to the hospital to when I was holding my baby.
    @Stac928 - ditto wanting a good night sleep! I keep telling myself that I'm just getting used to the middle of the night wakeups a little early
    @nll0803 - take your time processing. I'm so sorry you have to go through another draw and wait for the results. Keep us posted! When is your re-draw? And can't wait to hear about your reveal!

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • neeraja_kneeraja_k member
    edited March 2018
    So, I got my test results back this morning and I'm glad to feel validated. heh

Thyroid (TSH & Free T4) all came back at the low end of the normal range, just like usual for me. I have so many symptoms of hypothyroidism that the continual normal results are always so disheartening.

My hemoglobin was 11.5%, below the normal range, so I feel some iron pills are in my future. It's nice to have that confirmation, though. It's something that can be fixed and not just "pregnancy for Neeraja" that I have to deal with. My RBC and hematocrit levels were also pretty low at 3.59 and 33.8%. 

And now to toot my own horn, my A1c dropped from 6.1% in mid-January to....4.8%. =D

@kc0711 I'm sorry to hear of your c-section news. I think having the control removed from your body is horrible, but I am confident that your medical team only has you and your LO's best interest at heart. 

@hezzer78 I've been feeling flutters most days, but there are some days that I'll not feel anything at all. I guess it depends on what it's kicking/punching. They really do feel like gas flutters if you don't pay too much attention. But for me, gas flutters move across my belly as they travel through your intestines from one side to the other, and baby flutters are in the pretty much in the same spot. I mostly feel it at night when I'm leaned back on the couch with the laptop on my belly, or laying flat as a board in bed before I fall asleep...just gentle little movements.

@elsieisamoocow LOL @ your doctor. I'm right there with you, inductions still scare the hell out of me. The loss of control, the unpredictability over how I'll react to the pain, the risk for complications with baby and my body not being ready, you name it. 

@nll0803 How agonizing for you...hopefully they find enough fetal dna to get the ball rolling on answering some questions for you.

@mrsbubbles-2 Eesh! Your fastings! :#  Hopefully you can find something to help you de-stress. Taking up knitting has been helpful for me, it's soothing for my mind and body, and I get so wrapped up in it I forget that I wanted cupcakes or that there's an unopened box of Samoas in the pantry. So perhaps some sort of hobby like that? 

Aww, thank you! It was so hard to not start ugly crying on the table after my husband grabbed my hand and squeezed while we were watching it move it's little limbs around in there. I think he's finally accepting it's a real thing, that so far things are going well (unlike the miscarriage), and that he's going to be a dad. He's been so hands-off with me lately with being sick and just kind of distant in general, but when we went to bed last night he fell asleep with his warm hand on my belly where the still unseen baby bump is. I keep tearing up when I watch the little video the tech totally didn't allow us to record of the baby having a hiccup. I'm normally not an emotional person, but a first baby experience seems to be my weak point so far. heh
  • How far along are you?
    17+6

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, Diabetes, IC

I had a monitoring appointment Monday. I lost some length in my cervix (3.58 to 2.68) which makes me nervous but the cervix was closed so i'm crossing my fingers that it continues to remain closed - next check is April 9th 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    i'm just so tired of feeling like i am trying to protect my baby from myself 

lots of food at my inlaws :) 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • @neeraja_k - I don't knit but I used to crochet, that's a great idea! Thanks! I think a part of it is that I'm just like you, I need some sunshine and outdoors time like yesterday! We used to go for walks around the neighborhood and my numbers were so much better controlled. If someone could get mother nature a Prozac or maybe just a strong martini that would be super helpful!

@harleyquinn0621 - All my fingers are crossed that your check on April 9th is good! Is it weird to say that I'll be thinking good thoughts of you and your cervix? Yeah, a little weird but I'm going with it. All the good thoughts and creepy internet hugs for you <3

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 I hear you on the sunshine. Our 10-day forecast is nothing but clouds, rain, rain, and even more rain. I am so sick to death of it! We've had one sunny day in the last week and I forced myself to go out and enjoy it, despite being windy and cold. This appalling weather is keeping me trapped in the house surrounded by things I really should be doing, but don't want to. I don't think I've ever felt this down and this antsy for so long before. And next week they're talking about unseasonably cold again with maybe snow...just when it's starting to turn green in the forest and things are starting to bloom. *cries*

I hear you on the flood warnings. I finally had to turn them off on my phone, we're in SW Indiana and have tons of rivers here, but none of them affect us or our daily travel. I don't need to know about flood warnings for a river 15 miles from me at 2am.
  • @kc0711 i'm sorry to hear about the possible csection- hoping the cord resolves so you don't have to <3 

@neeraja_k congrats on a good AS!

@mrsbubbles-2 i'm sorry to hear about your fasting numbers, i hope those come down for you soon! <3 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• How far along are you?
    18+4

Why are you high-risk?
    History of hypertension and IUGR, AMA

I just had my anatomy scan this morning and it was perfect!!! I'm so, so enormously relieved. Now I have the fun task of telling my coworkers about the pregnancy. I'm a very private person so I hate this. I have an appointment with my OB in a few minutes too, hoping that will be routine. My BPs have been stable at home, which is a good sign for now, but I know that this won't be an issue for me until 3rd tri.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I can't remember if it was one of you guys, but someone was complaining about being sore after the anatomy scan. Holy moly I sat down to have lunch and when I tried to stand up again I could barely move. I don't remember this from last time!

We're flying to Vegas on Saturday. Is it wrong to spend Easter in Sin City? Then we're spending a week hiking in Zion National Park. I'm SO in need of a vacation, some warmth, and sunshine.

@kc0721 I'm sorry that the idea of a c-section is so hard. I can completely understand that. I guess on the bright side you have a lot of time to prepare. Do you think you can have people come and help you out after the delivery? Your partner, a family member, friend? All new moms need support - ask for it! And vent at us whenever necessary :)

@neeraja_k yay for YOUR good AS too! I had partial placenta previa with my first pregnancy too, which resolved. Hoping for the same for you! Glad your thyroid checked out okay. Even if it doesn't give you an answer it's good to have one less thing to worry about. And HIGH FIVE on that A1c!! Toot away!

@hezzer78 I was feeling movement consistently at around 15 weeks but it stopped for a while. It kind of freaked me out, but I saw baby kicking like crazy on the ultrasound today even though I couldn't feel anything. I have heard that as the baby grows and starts crowding the uterus you can actually feel less movement for a while before the big strong kicks start later in the pregnancy.

Gotta run to my appointment but I'll finish catching up later!

Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Thank you everyone for the support, I really appreciate it! I am glad I know now so I can prepare, I am very thankful for that and that baby is safe. DH thankfully works from home so he will be able to be very present when baby arrives to help. My mom and dad will also be flying out. My mom is a NP in pain management so having her here will be a big help and my dad is great with babies. This is their first grandchild, so I’m hoping they’ll come out for 2 weeks. 
  • @mrs_drc_rn That's freaking fantastic news! 
  • @mrs_drc_rn yaaaaaaaaaaay!!! That’s such great news! Having two loved ones who are melanoma survivors I am crying a little for you right now. <3 
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • @mrs_drc_rn that’s so amazing! Yay! 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @mrs_drc_rn - YAY!!!! Fantastic news girl, congratulations!!!!!
    Actual footage of me reading your update:

Seriously though, I know you were so stressed about this. I'm so freakin happy for you!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Awww thank you so much ladies! I’m happy crying a little all over again! I see the dermatologist in May so I’m looking forward to just not dealing with anything related to moles until then and focusing on this pregnancy! 
  • @mrs_drc_rn YAY!!! I'm so happy to read your update. :) What a relief that is! <3
  • @mrs_drc_rn that is AMAZING news!!! 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• anyone else's anxiety high this week? i'm 18w4d.. last year i made it to 19w1d .... i'm embarrassed to admit i'm tempted to call my Dr's office and make up symptoms just so they check me this week instead of waiting for my appointment next week.... instead i'm just telling myself i feel fine and that's a good sign 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 I’m thinking of you and sending so many hugs. It’s ok to feel anxious and worried. We’re here for you if you want to talk about it, I’m so glad you’re feeling good! Can you call the nurses line and explain how you’re feeling? Maybe they’ll bump you up by a few days? Even if they say no it never hurts to ask! Sending love and happy cervix vibes <3

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    21 weeks 

Why are you high-risk?
    Platelet function defect so I am a serious bleeder, AMA, and now to add more I have placenta previa and baby already has a nuchal cord. 

Not this week 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I am overly stressed in general and getting the ultrasound results last week didn’t help. 

just hung out with family but got to meet my new niece who is now 4 weeks old. 
    Mother to Joelle (13), Jaxen (3) and Jayla (due 5/6)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @harleyquinn0621 the anxiety is rough. I’m that way too. My imagination runs away with me. Maybe if you call the office they might able to do a quick check up or something?
    Married 1/28/17
    TW: