September 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/2

Have something random to say? Pregnancy related or not, say it here!

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/2

• Loading the player...
  • @southernlady07 I was just thinking I really need a pick me up this morning and hoping something funny/cute would come up on these boards...the baby goats did it! That sounds like a fun relaxing weekend.
  • @klj0228 Aww so glad! I am dragging today so just thinking about them is helping me, too! 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @southernlady07 what a great trip!!!! Goats are the best!!!!

@spottedginger I'm glad you mentioned this. I was just thinking about how I'm feeling so much more worn out this pregnancy and I think I was in better shape to start this time
  • @DanyTargaryen I am glad to see you got good news! And so exciting you will get to hear the VM this evening with the sex.
  • @DanyTargaryen so glad you got good news today! I’m sorry for all the stress of last week though.  I bought a Baby Cache dresser for DS’s big boy room at BRU final day clearance on Friday and am very excited because it is really nice. 
  • @spottedginger - I'm glad you found a good one! We did Baby Cache for DS's crib, dresser, and changing table topper and it seems like really good quality for the price! 
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • So Saturday we ended up getting 3-4" of really wet heavy snow. Fortunately it all melted off the driveway. Unfortunately they are calling for 6-12 more inches of snow starting tonight and then cold temps for the foreseeable future.... Wtf April???
  • @DanyTargaryen HOORAY!! So exciting about your VM to look forward to!

@ashh2018 That is great! I have a FitBit too and it makes me feel so accomplished when I see that confetti!  :D

@EErin86 Ugh so sorry...this winter is lingering forever! It is cold and dreary here...I'm ready for summer!
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Do we do Ticker Changes?
  • DanyTargaryen Glad you got some good news!
  • Currently sitting in the parking lot at Walmart waiting for my grocery pick up to be ready since we didn't shop this weekend and it's taking forever. Ugh I have so little patience after work and a big appetite lol.
  • @MandyMost may I ask how the amnio was? Mine is scheduled for May 4, and I’m a little nervous, should I arrange for help w dd the next day or will it be fine to resume normal activities?? They haven’t walked me through it at all, I’m  sure they will but i’m curious to hear personal experience too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Well I'd be into a weekly ticker change if anyone wants to - I think they are fun. 

• klj0228klj0228 member
    edited April 2018
    Note to self...no matter what time you eat dinner a midnight snack is not only okay but encouraged! Woke up and immediately got sick this morning but I think it is from my blood sugar getting too low in the night.

edited to fix autocorrect...
  • @mrsman2018 I think it would be fun to start up ticker changes again. I think when the board first got going there were too many threads and not a lot to report so a lot of threads got dropped. 
  • @MandyMost - I'm sorry you also got concerning results originally, but I'm so happy for you to hear your amnio came back ok!!! In our practice the only way to get a first tri u/s is to opt-in to the NT scan so I do, but I definitely understand now why a lot of moms opt out.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @jhjocelyn I'm happy to share my amnio experience. First of all, I REALLY didn't want to do an amnio because of the (very, very slight) risks involved, but the concerning screening test I had made me weigh the risks and go for it. The worst part of the whole amnio experience was by far my fear and anxiety over a complication and/or getting back bad results.

Anyway, the actual experience: The do it in the ultrasound room, and they started with a regular ultrasound. Basically like the anatomy scan, where they start looking at everything. Then the doc came in, asked how I was, if I had any more questions, blah blah blah, talked to the tech and another doc about the best spot to put the needle, based on what they saw on the screen. Then wiped my belly with a bunch of iodine swabs. Then I closed my eyes! But the put the needle in...it feels like a regular needle stick, not pleasant but not bad either. It only takes a couple minutes max. Then they had me initial the 2 testtubes of fluid they had taken out, and we were done. The actual procedure literally took less than 5 minutes, start to finish, including the prep. But with the ultrasound first, I was there for 30-45 minuets. 

My doc told me not to go to the gym, but otherwise normal activity was fine. I did try to take it a little easy, though. There was a bit of a cramp in the area they suck me, but otherwise I was fine. The next day we took my toddler to the zoo, and it really wasn't THAT much walking, but i started to get a cramp, and decided I just wanted to sit down and relax so we left a little early. It felt better after sitting for a while. The second day everything felt back to normal.
  • @MandyMost Thank you! We skipped the amnio last time knowing DD had a 25% chance of having cf, we monitored closely and let the newborn screen pick it up, since it wouldn’t change the first few days care anyways. Dd is a rainbow baby and we did not want to take any additional chances. 

This time, we have the same 25% chance, but having cf experience now would prefer to know ahead and be prepared. If there is no cf we want to bank the cord blood to hopefully help dd in the future. If there is, we will prep our home, family, and medical teams ahead of time.  
    Our amnio is set to be right after our anatomy scan, so that makes more sense knowing how they did it for you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• We had to clean out our master bedroom entirely for remodeling that's underway right now...we've only lived there a year and a half and it was like "where did this all come from?! Did we actually pay movers to move this here?!". Granted, we had a newborn when we bought the house and definitely didn't prioritize the master bedroom at the time!
  • @DanyTargaryen @MandyMost. I bet its been a very emotional little while for you. So happy you both have good news, yay for baby movement too :) 
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25