December 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms (Week of 3/26/18)

I didn’t see this started yet! Your random thoughts, comments, questions, concerns, hereeeeee! 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18

Re: Randoms (Week of 3/26/18)

• Options
    My random thought of the day is just a vent about housing prices where I live. We just got an ad for a 2 bedroom condo (not even a house!) in our neighborhood for $720,000! We don't even live in a fancy neighborhood! And the schools are mostly terrible! I knew housing prices were going through the roof, but that's insane. We basically have to move to a different city/state if we ever want to own a home here, because that's just nuts. And I am so tired of living in an apartment! (I do love our building, we have a lovely courtyard and are near a park, but with a crazy 2 year old, two cats and a dog uh, we need a yard and more space asap, especially if this little bean sticks and we have another little one on the way.)

Related, I was thinking of maybe doing a GTKY thread about where everyone's from - but I wonder if I should wait a day or two until there's more of us? Thoughts?
  • Options
    @maureenmce I was just thinking the same about the GTKY! But you’re right, maybe we should wait until there are more. I don’t mind either way! We can always discuss amongst ourselves until that time.

I live in Los Angeles, so I know where you’re coming from in regards to cost of living. We actually plan to move to Austin at the beginning of 2019 because it’s just too expensive here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @westcoastfoodie We live in LA too! :) And we are strongly considering moving out of state in 2019 or 2020 as well due to housing costs. To give you some extra shock re: that condo ad - it was for a condo in North Hollywood! Like...what??? 

Maybe I'll go ahead and start the GTKY now! It'll be fun and people will see it for the next little bit before the board gets crowded.
  • Options
    @maureenmce Haha!!! Oh man, I believe it. It’s just so ridiculous. It’s near impossible to raise a family here and have the quality of life and good schools. It makes me so sad to leave, but it just makes the most sense for us.
  • Options
    You ladies do not want to know what my house costs. 

My complaint is that this year we aren’t getting Good Friday off when we did last year because “there might be court,” but all court sessions have been canceled? I want a long weekend! And now there are rumblings that we might get the day anyway, but it’s too late to plan for a trip to visit family or an out of town getaway. Grrrr.

i know not everyone gets Good Friday, but it’s annoying to think we’d have it based on last year then find out a month in advance “oh, no you have to come or use a vacation day”!

plus, next week is the Masters tournament when the whole city shuts down because you can’t drive anywhere without massive traffic and half the people leave to rent out their houses. It’s not like any work will be accomplished from Friday the 30th to Monday the 9th!
  • Options
    City housing prices are terrible. We were really hoping to buy in Chicago, but there was just no way to have a home in an area convenient to public transit that was also affordable, especially with daycare prices being what they are in some of those areas. And even now that we're technically out of city limits, we still paid a LOT for 1100 square feet and one bathroom (and property taxes... oy.  They're almost as much as our mortgage). Rural life doesn't suit us, though, and downtown is where the jobs are, so we're staying as close as we're able for as long as we can.
  • Options
    Also, it's very odd being suddenly back to internet anonymity; my A16s moved over to Facebook shortly before the end of pregnancy, so there's not really any point in using abbreviations or screennames or whatever to talk about our families. Did a double take a couple times reading the intro thread and seeing people talk about DD and DS instead of using names... so different!
  • Options
    I know how you all are feeling, the only people that can afford to buy homes where Im from are snobby millionaires. So we have to live with 3 other families to afford mortgage. 
    @celette482 I hope you do get Friday off and still have a good day! I know for sure I have to work :( 
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    We bought our house 2 years ago and don’t plan to do any foreseeable moves. I’m worried right now about having to buy a new car. My car is old, but I’ve had it for 14 years and have no payment, and I’m happy with that. If everything progresses with this pregnancy I’ll need a bigger car (to fit 3 car seats). I don’t want a new car payment. 
  • Options
    We moved into our house last Christmas.  I live in North Texas, so housing prices are still semi decent for now.  My husbands family is from San Diego and I still can't fathom the prices out there.  It's painful.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    So, it's just my boss and I in the I.T. department at our company. He's out today and, of course, 3 big things have already gone wrong.  WTH? I really just wanted to google baby stuff all day  :D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    April 1st isn’t until Sunday, world! Make things easier for @texas_t

i really want artichokes. That’s all I can think about right now. I had a Trader Joe’s pop tart at breakfast and I was sad it wasn’t an artichoke....
  • Options
    It’s my Friday and I only have an hour and a half left of work. Zero productivity and I’m bored outta my noggin. I want to buy all the things on Zulily, but I don’t want put the cart before the horse. Besides, I still have almost everything from DS. Gahhhhhh. No excuse to spend money...yet. 
  • Options
    @westcoastfoodie I so understand this! Except I have nothing - for some reason I sold or donated all of DD's clothes before we moved when she was 1. So I only have 9m and up. BUT we're moving.. so buying stuff now would be stupid. Doesn't stop me from looking and wanting tho!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My random for today is that I’m experiencing a little bit of implantation spotting...I hope! I mean I’m pretty sure that’s what it is. I just forgot what a mindf*** the first few days can be. Or, you know. The entire thing!

Also re: wanting to spend all the monies, I’m doing well. I did treat myself to a second Promptly Journal last night. I was surprised when I got mine for Baby #1 and discovered it has pregnancy prompts too! So I’m looking forward to filling that out this time. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @amfasse Oh man good point about moving... we plan to move in January of 2019 and we're trying to pare down what we already have. We'll see how that goes! 

@PensiveCrayon I haven't heard of those journals, but I'm going to check them out! I'm in a writing group, but I've had such a mental block the past few weeks. I didn't do anything for my first pregnancy, no journal, no scrapbook, nothing. It would be nice to do something for this one!