Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Week of March 25 ***NEW LEADER NEEDED**

2»

Re: 2nd Trimester Week of March 25 ***NEW LEADER NEEDED**

• jr102217jr102217 member
    edited March 2018
    @laurad75 I'm sorry you had to go through that. That said, you have a great sense of humor! I couldn't help but laugh at your 4, maybe 400 vials comment and going back to regular healthy mom-to-be fear comment. 

@mtpbadger I get a crack out of your joy as your coworkers who you haven't told see you get bigger. 

The posts I'm seeing today just crack me up. With all this stress and anxiety, it's nice to see us laugh at the situation or ourselves. Sigh. Ok, I'm going back to being miserable with a cold when all I want to do is touch baby stuff but don't want to get my germs on them.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mtpbadger Thank you for sharing that story about your friend.  There are a lot of positive stories out there about MCDK so its been helpful to read other anecdotes.  That's crazy that the kidney ended up okay.  I wonder what they were seeing on the u/s.  

@jr102217 I'm trying to keep my sense of humor about this so I don't go crazy.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 Hugs friend. That is such a scary thing to hear. I hope everything resolves itself and he does just fine with one kidney. I hope the wait for the amnio results isn't too bad :( Thinking of you and your baby boy.

• @mtpbadger Your husband sounds ADORABLE. I love that he does those things for your daughter already.  <3
  • @laurad75. (((Big huge hugs)))  you are a rockstar, getting through that amnio.  Sorry to get that possibly scary news - fx for the best possible scenario, that everything just reasolves beautifully ❤

@Aera11 omg you are too cute!  And your doggie!  Is s/he a maltipoo?
  • lurking*** 
     @laurad75 big hugs. I'm sorry the amnio was so rough. Fx its just the one kidney that did not form correctly and there is not another issue. His ultrasound pic is amazing. I will keep you and your sweet boy in my thoughts. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @laurad75 so sorry for the bad news and the tough Amnio. I hope the results are perfect and his other kidney remains normal. I also have the low lying placenta issue. My doc said it would most likely move away as the uterus expands. If not then c-section at 36-37 weeks. Of course I know we would prefer to avoid c-section but at the end of the day it’s whatever is best for these little ones. Big hugs to you and FX for good news from the Amnio and the next scan.
  • @2momshoping hopefully there’s nothing to worry about but I understand why you would! Just think, you’ll get to see your little one again and hopefully won’t accidentally see any lady bits or boy parts. I had to LoL at your conversation after and hope ice cream fixed everything....I mean, when doesn’t it? What a cute picture! 
  • Thanks @BusinessWife!! She's a toy golden doodle :) has no idea what's coming haha
  • @adirat btw.... CONGRATS! Glad to see you on the 2nd trimester board!
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• @mtpbadger you have the perfect baby bump! so cute.
    @aera11 the dress, the bump, the doggie  <3
    • TTC since June 2016
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 

• @aera11 whoooo hooooo!!! That is awesome news! I hope you celebrate with some chocolate tonight!!
  • @mtpbadger. How did I miss your adorable bump!!??!?  :love: :love:

@Aera11 Congrats on passing the glucose test!!!!  Now you can enjoy some candy this weekend, guilt-free ;)
  • Yay @Aera11! That’s awesome news
    • TTC since June 2016

• Great news @Aera11! And mm, now I want an almond croissant :)

• jr102217jr102217 member
    edited March 2018
    @2MomsHoping Ice cream makes everything better!

@Aera11 great news! Congrats on passing. :) 

AFM, still sick and it got worse Wed night. I had awful stomach pains and had trouble breathing so every position I tried to fall asleep in was painful. I ended up crying for an hour until DH came in to ask what was wrong and of course he couldn’t understand my incoherent explanation in between tears. After some encouragement, I walked around and he got me some ginger ale, I burped several times and I was eventually able to sleep. I tried calling the nurse line but it was after hours and didn’t feel like it was urgent enough to call the emergency nurse line. The next morning though, there were some spots of blood when I coughed up phlegm so I called them first thing when they opened and the nurse said it was natural. She okay’ed some OTC drugs like robitussin and Sudafed or mucinex, and that has helped. I’d been so cautious about taking extra OTC drugs that I didn’t even look in the booklet that the OB had given me. Anyways, I’m going to miss my prenatal yoga class this afternoon but I’m still hopeful that this cold and now cough will go away this weekend so I can feel normal again, whatever normal is whenever you have a little baby kicking and punching you at 6am. Thanks for letting me vent.
     /Rant

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
  • Hi everyone! Checking in super later this week!

@BusinessWife Super impressed with your clothing haul, especially the little fox tail! Mine/DH's school mascot is a red fox, so we love all fox things. Also if you take over next week, if you wouldn't mind adding me to the list too that would be awesome! 9/10 DD, team green!

@Aera11 I'm itchy too! So glad to hear I'm not alone. I've just been moisturizing a lot, but honestly I've always been a scratcher, so just scratching and not trying to cure it is natural to me haha. Hope the Benedryl works well for you! Also so happy to hear about the non-GD! Like you, I also have fear about this just thinking "that would happen to me" so it's great that you're in the clear!

@2MomsHoping the nursery theme sounds adorable! Very unique!

@laurad75 Just wanted to chime in with hugs for the kidney to be best case scenario! The amnio sounded really terrible, but you're super brave!

@Irisheyes81 Luckily I don't have anyone at work or friends who are triggering me right now with their glorious, free, natural pregnancies, but just wanted to say I totally understand the feelings of bitterness. I sometimes thing I'll feel this way forever, but a close friend of mine who did IVF said her bitterness did start to subside after her baby was born, so there's hope!

AFM: 16+4, DD 9/10 and team green!

I had an early anatomy scan 2 days ago that went great. Everything is looking good, got a boatload of pictures and the ultrasound tech was just as sweet as could be, she was like "wow I measured a perfect 5 oz baby today!"

And thennnnn I told my mom that night, which was her birthday. I figured that was a good enough excuse for holding off as long as I did. I have a super strained relationship with my parents and older brother, and have for about 10 years. My parents struggled to get pregnant and eventually decided to adopt. After they brought my brother home as an infant, my mom got pregnant with me naturally almost immediately after, and then also had my younger brother naturally 2 years after me. You would think as someone who struggled with IF she would be more understanding, but she constantly makes little side comments about people who don't have kids immediately after get married. She assumes they just don't want kids...this is compounded by the fact that I've been married for 5 years and my brother and his wife got pregnant before they even got married and had only been together for about a year. So needless to say, she was shocked by our news. The actual conversation was better than I expected, but then yesterday she started texting me and making more little comments, asking why I've had so many ultrasounds (she asked if the 16 week one was my first I was like no I've had like, 8 so far), asking if I'm high risk, asking why I had to go to a fertility clinic, and the comparing it to how she and my dad took Clomid. Like mom, that's not the same as 2.5 years of trying, $30,000, over 100 needles sitting in my living room, etc etc. Not that there's better or worse infertility it all sucks but like...don't try to minimize my experience.

Anyways, sorry for the vent! Also @hottietoddy even though it's my parents and not my in-laws, I'm definitely in the same boat with you as just needing to preserve your own mental health for yourself and the baby, and staying away from people who cause you stress.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend, Happy Pesach and Happy Easter to all!

Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited March 2018
    @sarzee2 glad you made it through the conversation.  Sounds like you don't need to be answering all those questions.  One thing that makes me very angry is all the personal and detailed questions my MIL asks me.  This coupled with then telling them to me SIL and then them not sharing anything back with me is BS.  OH and the comparison- I am right there with you.  My MIL likes to compare everything in my pregnancy to her high risk pregnancy 25 years ago.  Sounds like you also have some boudaries to set. Keep your chin up and don't let her get you down.  Sometimes not replying is the best thing- even in person, you don't HAVE to answer or listen to anything!

@Aera11 congratulations on passing!  I haven't done glucose test yet, but my A1-C came back at 5.0 this week which is very good!  hooray!

@jr102217 hope you get to feeling better and I know how everything is extra scary during pregnancy.  Sounds like you just have a nasty cold and hope you can get some rest and feel better.  Sure sucks that you can't take anything for it.  Take care of yourself and try not to stress which can make it worse. (easier said than done)

@2momshoping I'm sorry you sort of maybe saw something.  It is challenging I'm sure to keep the secret. You may or may not know, but you don't know for sure, so that is STILL not knowing! Don't know if that made sense.  It sounds like your DW was right on top of it with the ice cream!  Jeeze, it just seems like as these appointments get more advanced there are just so many more details to worry about.  I'm not worried about gender, but I am sort of dreading my anatomy scan in 2 weeks.  It's just a little TMI, like it's nice seeing the baby, but then do I really need to see them analyze blood flow and all the organs?  Not really...wish they could just give me the glossy cute pic and do the rest behind the scenes. 

In-Law Drama Upate:
    Have an update on the drama if you are interested.  Thank you for allowing me to vent, it really helps.  

So, my husband finally read me the email response that my SIL had sent instead of paraphrasing.  Before he was trying to gloss over because I couldn't stand to hear the actual response.  Turns out she DID NOT apologize.  She said that she 'wanted to apologize' but did not think they did anything wrong and asked him to explain.  She basically said they thought about us several times and did not tell us to try and let us have our moment.   But then she goes on to say that it is their perogative to tell us whenever they want and we should understand that.  She then stops and NEVER addressed further how she told us by surpising me and my husband by just showing up pregnant, then pretending it wasn't happening for 2 hours while everyone else knew.

She also defended my MIL saying she didnt medle or mediate and it was all their decision.  My MIL wrote back defending herself saying she didn't medle then tried to be a martyr and say 'but if you need to blame me and think that so be it'.  Well, my husband CLEARLY remembers my MIL saying to him HERSELF that she told them it was better to not tell us.  So that is all bullshit.  

My husband has FINALLY, really come around and is understanding the situation.  I think the douche-bag email really helped him see what I have been saying all along. He is finally angry and sorted out his feelings himself.  It took him about 2 weeks to really process.  I am so glad because I think the worst part has been him not understanding why I am upset and defending their clearly horrible behavior.  So he wrote the best email response to them and even has a 'round 2' argument ready following her response to defend herself again. We are pretty sure she will not own up to it again, but we are glad she at least didn't cower and blame his mother.  'round 3' is going to be telling her that no matter what her apology or response is, trust has been lost and we don't want to see her for a while.  I am sorry but what a miserable person, and I'm so glad my husband sees it too.  So the best line of his email is 'while we appreciate your consideration of how we might feel, your actions were in-destinguishable from not caring at all.'  He also used an example of how I had to tell my friend of 25 years that has struggled with IF (no children) and is getting divorced that I am pregnant.  I called her ahead of time and told her I had some big news I need to tell her and to let me know when a good time for her to call me and talk would be.   Then I let her come to me when she knew she had time and space to deal with what I told her.  I was very gentle in how I told her and I gave her an out for any stress or obligation.  I told her she doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to, she doesn't even have to see me or the baby or come to the baby shower if she doesn't want to. The conversation happened yesterday and went off perfectly.  She is going to help plan my baby shower and is happy for us.  She really appreciated the thoughtfulness, and this is all it would have taken for my sister in law to do for us.  

My husband sent the reply 'zinger' email to his family last night so we are awaiting response.  I also love that he took his time writing it and didn't reply to them for another week and a half.  I like the space he took and I'm sure that just makes them sweat more. We are also going to have to tell them that we like the name William so we are sure they don't try and use it.  We don't know what the gender of their kid is yet.  They have 2 girls and are pretty vocal about the fact that they are 'trying for a boy'.  No offense to others who do this, but in their case, I think this is gross.  A child is a child regardless of gender and it is very strange to me to have kids for that reason.  I am not trying to be spitefull, but if they have a girl, I will be glad their weird plans are thwarted.  If they have a boy I will also be happy because that means they can take him hunting and do all the weird gun loving 'male' activities they think they are going to do with my kid with their own kid.  Ps- there is no way they are doing activities with my kid in the future. 

We are considering going easier on his mom- but not letting her off the hook and I am not ever going to trust her or have the same relationship with her again.  This has been a good catalyst for my husband to also talk to her about her other behaviors of always being a downer as well as medling.  He plans to speak to her candidly about these things which I am very thankful for.  When I say 'go easy' I mean let her visit the kid after we are home from the hospital, visit and drop off gifts for christmas. Present and phone call on mothers day and that is about it. I am also considering still inviting her and my DH family on their side to the baby shower.  I spoke with  my husband and we decided that we will not be inviting my sister in law to the baby shower.  My husband said he will tell his mom and sister she is not invited so that I can enjoy my baby shower without the distraction after everything that has happened.  I have no plans of having any relationship with her or her kids in the future.  My husband thinks she should be embarrassed once she realizes what they did and then will apologize.  Then he thinks she will apologize again later on once we shun them for a while.  I feel that I should still be allowed to enjoy my husbands extended family and friends and the presents at my baby shower.  I didn't do anything wrong in all this, so I am happy he agrees. 
    Everyone I have told including our therapist is appalled at their behavior.  I am trying to see the silver lining which is that it is pretty black and white what they did wrong.  This at least gives me piece of mind that what we are doing to protect our mental health and marriage is the right thing to do.  Soon it will be to protect our kid from the madness also.