October 2018 Moms

Friday Ticker Change

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 11 weeks to 12 weeks on Friday 3/30, so my “ticker” changes on Fridays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

Questions stolen from Sunday.

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you could give one piece of advice to your 18 year old self, what would it be?

Re: Friday Ticker Change

• Loading the player...
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @sammierose464 So jealous you found out the sex!  We were hoping to have our NIPT results by this weekend but its not looking like it's going to happen.  The doctor and u/s tech shared with us what they think the sex is but I don't feel confident enough to share yet until we get those test results.  
  • @zwink1 I feel you on the stress thing and I still do! If only I listened to that advice haha.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 10 weeks, baby is the size of a prune

2. How are you feeling? Much better than last week. Headaches and my cough have gone down. Sinuses and allergies acting up. I finally don't feel a nauseous and actually had a taste for something other than carbs and cheese. Light cramping/ligament pain. Still really tired at night

3. Any appointments this week? 10 days until we get to see baby again! 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Thankfully not this week

5. GTKY: If you could give one piece of advice to your 18 year old self, what would it be? Don't put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to love and matters of the heart. Enjoy your new adult freedom and live your life!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. 11 weeks and baby is the size of a lime. 

2. I feel great! I have virtually no symptoms other than sore breasts. 

3. No appointment for a few more weeks. 

4. I would tell myself to finish all of the schooling and traveling I want to before having children. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

12 weeks, size of plum!

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good! Nausea is starting to fade a bit, mostly just tired and quite moody.

I had my NT scan Wednesday and appt Thursday. Nothing now until 16 wks!

Not right now.

5. GTKY: If you could give one piece of advice to your 18 year old self, what would it be?

Don't try so hard to graduate early and work full time to make your own money and life. Adulting ain't all its cracked up to be!

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

12 weeks. About the size of a 2in seahorse

2. How are you feeling?

Tired

Had one Monday, finally got to hear the heartbeat.

Nope, but I am excited to tell my extended family that I'm pregnant.  This will be the first baby since my grandmother passed away.

Just because the rude doctor says everything is normal, doesn't mean it is. 

Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 13 weeks and a lemon

How are you feeling? The past two days my stomach has hurt im not nauseous just pain and I'm tired from running around all week. Overall im feeling pretty good though I wasn't starving last night so thats good. 

Any appointments this week? Next Thursday :)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Last pregnancy I had a different app and it updated me on the day that I turned a different week now this app updates me everyday. I dont feel like its necessary to tell me every day but I like the articles so ill keep it.

GTKY: If you could give advice to your 18 year old self what would it be? That boy doesnt matter to you why would you drop out of college and spend all your money and time on him. He isnt worth anything and will never be anything in his life. Be more independent and not depend on someone for happiness. Be happy and save your money you'll need it in 2 years..
  • @momoflogan20 I love all the cute every day items it tells me the baby is the size of. DH thinks it's neat too to compare to as well, especially when it was a toy solider  :D I agree the articles and overall format of the app is far superior to others. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 13 weeks, lemon

2. How are you feeling?

Terrible. I’ve spent my whole spring break trying to get over a cold (teacher). Plus I’m in the finishing stages of my Thesis for my masters, so stress levels are really high.

Just got back from my “tummy check” appt. took awhile but she found a heartbeat. Longest minute of my life!

Don’t waste your time as a psychology major, go straight to elementary education (you’re going to switch in a year anyways, save yourself the stress).

• @BabyRobbinsAdventure I wish I hadn't wasted a semester as a physics major... I ended up getting a psych degree
  • @sammierose464 I always wanted to be a teacher growing up, so not sure why 18 year old me was like “psychology! Yes! That’s what I want to do!” 
    Crazy.

Switching from physics? That’s a pretty big leap!
  • I really enjoyed physics in HS and I think I was kidding myself with my interest in math. I also went to a Technical University. So my first year of Honors Physics, where you don't even use a calculator because you just derive calc problems... And then the other math classes left me miserable. The only class I enjoyed was my English class which was very psychology and anthropology based. I switched and never looked back!

I'm now in HR, although I originally planned to go into research.
  • @chyvie - what is this app you speak of with daily size comparisons?  I don’t see that on mine!

@sammierose464 - another reformed Physics major here- I kept sane with a double major in English. I’m now in Risk Management.  :)

/ Back to lurking from Wednesday. /
  • @knottieamusements do you have an iPhone? My coworkers doesn't show it either, and she has an iPhone. It shows me on my main page right under just fruit of the week. 

I kept my strong interest of research and stats, but don't get to do too much with it.
  • @sammierose464 - yep, it’s an iPhone.  I guess that is my punishment for being part of the cult. :)

I try to balance my love of words and my love of numbers.  Sometimes that works better than others.  I miss playing in the lab though...
  • I don't know why I didn't study more chemistry. I enjoyed that way more. I do get to do a lot of the data analytics, systems testing, and survey work at my job which keeps me happy. I kinda fell into benefits last September and so far really enjoy it.
  • @knottieamusements I have Android app and this is how my first page looks. Every day the daily fact changes to a new object or food related size comparison. 

Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018