November 2018 Moms

Fetal HR of 242?

Has anyone ever heard of that? I went to the ER tonight because I had some light bleeding and I’ve been cramping basically since I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago. They said I’m measuring perfect at 6 weeks and 3 days but that the fetal HR was 242. The ER doctor said he’s never seen that before and on the radiology report it said it could be a “technical issue” meaning the equipment malfunctioned but to follow up with OB because they can’t be sure. My OB isn’t open until Monday because of Good Friday and I’m freaking out

Re: Fetal HR of 242?

• The machine could be "double counting" so it could be half of that number which yes would be a technical malfunction... But if you go by the double count theory a FHR of 121 is OK!! I'm an L&D nurse and sometimes the equipment is does this! 
  • @Priscimed I’m hoping this is the case. I am an ER nurse so this is TOTALLY out of my wheelhouse. I don’t know if I can wait until Monday and hope my OB has an open appointment :( 
  • Loading the player...
  • tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited March 2018
    @nurseallie2 may or may not be worth it but does your OB have a pager that she/he has given you? I know mine has had me come in to his office even after 10p for an ultrasound due to bleeding but that’s not always the norm
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @tinypikachu the office I go to, they have an OB on call after hours and I had already called them before I went to the ER. The whole office is closed this weekend for Easter though 
  • Ugh, that sucks :(
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers