July 2018 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 3/29

Didn't see one posted yet...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: UO Thursday 3/29

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa agree!!

just saw a commercial about a “kinder-moon” rewarding a child a big glamorous vacation for graduating kinder. I couldn’t help but think that so stupid. I get it it’s a milestone worth celebrating but to the extent of gifting a child with a huge reward is just too much. What are they gonna think they deserve every time the “graduate”. Just call it a family vacation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not my opinion: 

my my current birth mom group asked and is discussing thoughts on using a spray bottle to punish a child- like spraying them in  the face. 

Personally the thought never never would have crossed my mind to even do that. My knee jerk reaction was no. Apparently some parents actually do this though and it helps with kids with sensory issues. 
  • Options
    @elizabethrn87 never heard of that but sounds like your training a pet. I wouldn’t do it. 
  • Options
    @zombiehoohaa omg I couldn't agree more. Like, I enjoy her music but it's not my favorite by any means. My best friend is obsessed with her. Her and her fiance saw her in concert a few years ago tickets were close to $600 for both of them I think and they drove 8+ hours and now shes coming to a city 3 hours away from us this fall and it's going to be closer to $1000 and they're going again. I can't even wrap my head around spending that much on a concert!

My UO is that I really don't like diaper cakes, I just think they're kind of weird and tacky. Like I just don't get the appeal of diapers being made into sculptures, but I might be biased because I'm going to cloth diaper lol
  • Options
    @wildtot I thought people are wanting to move away from entitlement? That sounds a lot like more entitlement for these young ones...eesh!

@elizabethrn87 my mom used to spray me and my sister with water if we refused to get up for school in the morning. She made her point. However, I couldn't imagine using that as an everyday discipline tool. 

@carsonraynee nope...$600 is a car payment...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @carsonraynee I'm sure you've seen my puzzled reaction about diaper cakes in the shower thread, lol!

I so agree on Beyonce! I like maybe 6-7 songs of hers. Honestly don't really care about her much. 

My UO as an active IG user is that I cannot stand these "this or that" little surveys where you screenshot a list of things and you circle what you prefer. I just don't get them. And people are going overboard with them. 

The spray thing is pretty bizarre! And the kinder moon... that one should be in a WTF thread lol.