November 2018 Moms

STM+ Check in (w/o 3/28)

How far along are you?

Have you noticed any differences from previous pregnancies? Are they really similar?

What about adding another baby are you most excited about? Most nervous about?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: STM+ Check in (w/o 3/28)

• 4w 5d...so far not much to compare/contrast

Excited for everything but nervous for if I get morning sickness as bad as I did last time with a toddler around, and in general never having whole days to lounge around this time. 
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks

Have you noticed any differences from previous pregnancies? Are they really similar?
    I’ve never had a ton of symptoms early but so far no insomnia and I have a better sense of smell than previous pregnancies. 

I’m excited to find out the gender and meet my baby. I’m nervous about paying for three kids in daycare and having 3 kids 3 and under. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks

I had no idea I was pregnant with my son or this time around, so I’m hoping that means good things. Not far enough along to notice anything else yet. 

I’m excited to see how ds interacts with the baby. He is so sweet with other small children, so I can imagine he will be great with a sibling. He’s already told me he wants a sister. I’m most nervous about the day to day with a newborn and a 3 year old. I have limited patience as is, so adding in a newborn should be interesting. I just need to remind myself to breathe. 
  • How far along are you? Will be 9 weeks tomorrow!

Nausea has been more intense this time! Other than that, no differences...beyond exhausted and starving and my boobs hurt, which has been the same for all of them. 

Excited to complete our family! And because DD2 is such a nurturer, she will be an awesome big sister. I’m nervous for going back to the time of no sleep and having to redo the newborn stage. We are finally to the point where my kids are independent and sleep all night and play by themselves, so I’m nervous to start ALL over again.

BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 
    8 weeks 

This feels more similar to the pregnancy with my son than with my daughter. I was throwing up at least once if not two or more times daily with my daughter. I’m nauseous all the time but have only thrown up twice overall which was similar to the pregnancy with my son. 

I’m excited to watch my daughter become a big sibling and see both my kids love on the baby. I’m nervous about juggling 3 kids. We will be outnumbered! And I can’t even fathom going back to work after my maternity leave is over and juggling two in school and one in daycare. I’m trying not to think that far ahead, honestly.  
  • cm716cm716 member
    edited March 2018
    How far along are you?
    5 weeks 1 day

have you noticed any difference from previous pregnancies?are they really similar?
    I'm not really experiencing much in the way of symptoms yet so it's hard to compare. I did kind of feel the first faintest hints of nausea this morning which is pretty regular I usually throw up in the mornings. So I guess, so far they are really similar I always have nightmares in the first trimester. With my first two kids I had dreams every night for months that my husband was going to leave me. This time around I had a dream one of my kids passed away and then had a dream that I was having a miscarriage.

what are you most excited about? What are you most nervous about?
    I'm hopeful that everything with this pregnancy will go well. If it does we are planning on this being our last baby. My life has been very consumed the last several years with either trying to get pregnant or being pregnant. The thought of being done while sad fills me with relief. Also we are not planning on finding out the gender of the baby until we are in the delivery room so I'm excited for that moment of it's a ...
    I'm most nervous about having to get my daughter back and forth to school while having a very new baby. I am hoping that this baby comes a little early and I will have all of Thanksgiving break and week  of help before I'm on my own.
  • How far along are you? 5+1

A little early to say but so far just tired with sore breasts. 

Excited to give DD a playmate and best friend. Nervous about the costs associated with 2 under 2 (diapers, 2 infants in daycare) but I know it will all be okay.
  • Thankful there are some of you who aren’t experiencing many symptoms yet! It’s making me feel a little better and less paranoid something is going to happen.
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks

Have you noticed any differences from previous pregnancies? Are they really similar? So far I’m not as nauseous but I get dizzy easily which I’ve never noticed before. 

What about adding another baby are you most excited about? Most nervous about? I’m excited to see DS as a big brother, I think he’s going to love it. I’m nervous about doing the newborn thing all over again. DS was such an easy baby that I’m afraid this one will be be the complete opposite!
  • How far along are you?

6 weeks, 5 days

So far, very similar!  I don't really notice any difference, TBH, other than knowing there's only one in there this time.  :D

I'm most excited just to add to our family!  I love babies and being a mother.  Plus going through that sweet, cuddly newborn stage is awesome, even if it's hard.

I'm most nervous about how the twins are going to react to another sibling.  One loves babies, the other loves older kids, but with them being so little, I worry that they're going to have a hard time "sharing" me more than they already do.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• How far along are you?
    Around 7 weeks. I'm supposed to get an official due date today! 

With DS I had 0 symptoms until about 9 weeks. This time I was having symptoms before my bfp! 

I'm excited that I get to see lo today! I've been tentatively planning our announcement at DS bday party next month and have already started, and edited, a name list. 

I'm nervous that DS and this one will be 4.5 years apart. I'm nervous about having to put lo in daycare for the first time during cold and flu season. I'm nervous about paying for an infant in daycare! I'm also going to miss sleep. So much. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you?   5 weeks but 4 weeks from ovulation.
    At first I was dizzy all the time week and I had a ringing and sharp pain in my left ear. That was different from last time. All those symptoms are gone now and I'm feeling normal this makes me slightly nervous. Last pregnancy I barely had any symptoms and I kept taking pregnancy tests because I thought I was not pregnant. Last time I had dizziness food adversions and hungry but not able to eat much. So I'm nervous I'm going to get a whole lot more symptoms this time. 

I'm excited to add a new siblings it is time DD21/2 is going to K-0 this fall and it worked out perfectly for us with the new one coming. I know she will eventually love the baby. I hold my friends babies now and she cries and wants a hug or tells me to take the baby off. I will be leaving my part time weekend job in the fall because having two kids now will be different and my DD will be in full day school I will miss I and want time with her on the weekends. 
  • ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited March 2018
    How far along are you? edited because I just found out I’m actually 8+5!!! Super excited for my first appointment and us today. Even though I’m rolling solo because the toddler is deathly ill :(

all my pregnancies suck but this one has absolutely been the worst. I’m usually just nauseas, but this one is full on vomiting all day. Pizza is basically all I can handle eating. 

I have 9 years between my first and my second so between him and dad I had a lot of help adjusting. Now I will have an 11yo, a 2.5yo and a newborn. I’m nervous about toddler and baby life. Two in daycare. SUPER excited for baby snuggles though! The toddler hates me, he’s all about dad lol 
    nws
  • How far along are you?
    8w4d

God awful morning sickness and already on my second anti-nausea med. I think that's where I was with my first pregnancy around the same time. Pretty much both pregnancies have been the same up to this point.

Not only are we adding a new baby, we are adding 2 other kids to the family (long, complicated story I'm not ready to get into yet). So we will have 4 kids, 2 under 2, a teenager and a pre-teen. It's pretty scary going from no kids to 4 kids in 2 years. I guess I'm not really excited about anything with the pregnancy just yet. The older kids are excited about the new baby, though, which is a huge plus.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you? 5w2d

I feel less tired this time around (granted, I'm still so early and this time I don't have a 5:45am shift) and I haven't had any dizziness. During my pregnancy with DD, dizziness is how I knew I was pregnant. None of that this time. And no severe food aversions yet. Nothing really sounds good to me but it's not as dramatic. 

I'm so excited for my little girl to have a sibling!! I'm nervous for the transition from 1 to 2. My little girl is very much the 2 year old right now and she is prone to tantrums. I don't know how I'll handle that with a newborn. Also I'm pretty triggered by a messy environment and some days I can let the mess go but most days I go nuts until I get things back in order. I know I won't be able to stay on top of things as much with a toddler and a baby so I'm hoping I'm capable of change  :p
  • How far along are you? 5ish weeks (6 from LMP)

They were until yesterday. It's still super early so who knows what the next few weeks will bring, but yesterday on my way home from work I got a shooting pain in my side and shooting pains in both boobs. The one in my side went away quickly, but the one in my boobs lasted my entire 15 minute drive home. I got home and started feeling just generally crappy and lightheaded. I changed out of my work clothes, laid on the couch and then seemed fine the rest of the night. 

This morning I woke up feeling nauseous. I had zero morning sickness with DD, so I really hope that's not what this is. I ate a little something and then felt a little better. My stomach feels a little on edge now, but not as bad. I'm hoping this is just a fluke.

Most excited to see DD be a big sister and see their relationship as siblings. I'm most nervous about not giving DD enough attention. I love my time with her right now and it makes me really sad to think that in a year I won't be able to give her my undivided attention any more.
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks +5

so far this is exactly like my pregnancy with DD. Super terrible nausea and all day sickness.

I’m having a hard time being excited because I feel so bad. Nervous about everything involving adding a new baby to the family. Hopefully I can get a little more excited once the all day nausea goes away. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Good luck to everyone with appointments today! I can't wait to hear how they go. 

@runningyogimama I am very nervous about going back to no sleep again. DS has been a rockstar of a sleeper for the last couple months. He will go from 7:15 or so until almost 8am with only one wake up to nurse. DD however still keeps us on our toes most nights.

@mousemama817 I completely understand what you are saying regarding a mess. It still gets me some days and I have two kids currently. But, I've definitely gotten more lenient with our home. We have a playroom that is typically a disaster and our daughter's room. The kids play in those two rooms the most. We do not let toys or other kid stuff in any of the other rooms in our home though, so that way the mess is truly confined to those places. I see those places every day and it irks me, but knowing I have a safe place in our kitchen, bedroom, living room, etc has helped tremendously. 

How far along are you? 8w+2

I honestly have no recollection. I remember telling people I felt way worse with DS's pregnancy than DD's pregnancy. This time I am nauseous all day, but I have not physically gotten sick. I'm tired, but it doesn't seem to be as debilitating as it was with my first pregnancy. I think I just live in a constant state of tired now with two very busy children. 

I am just excited to have the sweet, cuddly newborn stage one last time. It is such a gift and one I didn't appreciate nearly enough with my first two because I was too stressed out. I am going to do my best to live in the moment and not let little things bug me. I am nervous about DS being jealous. He will be just over 2 when baby arrives and right now he is a pretty big mama's boy. I think he will adjust quickly, but it is hard to imagine someone else taking the "baby" spot right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you?

6 weeks 6 days

With my last pregnancy I had an amazing experience. No sickness of any kind just really tired. This time around I still haven’t gotten any morning sickness but my head is killing me!! Ugh!

excited to see DD as a big sister! (She will be 3 when this one comes) she is so kind and caring I really can’t wait!! Nervous about the actual birth.  Scheduled CS with DD, don’t know if a VBAC or repeat CS will be better

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    5+4 based on BBT ovulation date

I was nauseous starting at 6 weeks with DD so I'm not thrilled with being nauseous/puking already.  All in all very similar to DD, just a little accelerated.  

DD LOVES dolls and taking care of them.  I'm so excited to see her interact with a new baby and see their relationship develop as they both grow.  I'm also nervous because they'll be just under 2.5 years apart.  My brother and I were 5 years apart so I could understand more of what was going on but I'm not sure DD will be as capable of understanding at her age.  
  • How far along are you? 9w1d

Pretty similar. I didn't have any MS with DD and I have very little this time as well. I had more heartburn early on last time, and I am not sleeping as well this pregnancy. But generally, I am pretty lucky when it comes to the first tri

I'm going to try to savor the parts of the nb stage that I really did enjoy (although overall it's not my favorite) - especially snuggle/nursing time, those tiny sneezes and sunffles and all the little noises they make and their ability to sleep anywhere and be really portable.

As much as I know having a sibling will be great for DD in the long run, and eventually (hopefully) they'll be great playmates, I still feel sad about taking away my undivided attention from her. She's so used to being our only baby, I think it will be a tough transition for her. Also, I hope we eventually have a thread from TTM+ for us STMs on how to manage two kids because that in general is terrifying to me!!!!

• How far along are you?
    5 weeks. 
    Nope, they've all been quite similar at the beginning. 
    I am most excited to see how my older kids react to her. (Haha, I called the baby her, the idea of having a boy is quite foreign to me. We obviously don't know what it is yet. All of our 4 other kids are girls.) I LOVE watching older siblings love on a baby. I also love the melty newborn softness, how they just sink into you. I can't wait for those days. When I can ignore all the housework and just rock a newborn baby. 
    I'm really not nervous about adding a baby. I've done that, I know how to make it work. I am a little nervous about this pregnancy. I was pretty uncomfortable towards the end of my last. 
  • LeahKnitsLeahKnits member
    edited March 2018
    My biggest age gap between kids is just over 2 years. It went great. My older daughter understood what was happening enough for her little mind, and it was an easy transition to going from having all attention on her to sharing with "her" baby.  
    This was a reply to somebody, but obviously I don't really remember how to work this. 
  • @lifesabeach85 this is going to sound so cliche, but everyday I look at my kids and think what a gift they are to one another. They are seriously the best of friends and such great playmates. Sometimes I almost feel guilty for leaving a larger age gap (almost 3 years) because I think of how much DD would have enjoyed a sibling earlier. You will find your new rhythm with two. DH and I divide and conquer a lot right now, so I’m worried about switching from man to man to zone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• edited March 2018
    How far along are you?  6w4d

So far, this pregnancy is like the one I carried to term (light nausea, tons of bloating) and not the ones that miscarried (super tired), so I'm feeling happy about that!

I'm most excited about getting a playmate for our daughter (2 years old) and nipping her only child syndrome in the bud!  I'm most nervous about managing sleep (my daughter just gave up napping, so there will be no rest during the day after a hard night, unlike last time!) and personal space (we're a 2-bedroom house under 1000sq ft., so the new baby will have to sleep in our room: no private time at night and lots of getting dressed in the dark!)  I am only a borderline introvert, but I had a REALLY hard time not getting much breathing space last time I had a newborn...