April 2018 Moms
Options

Baby shaking movement

any other moms experiencing this? Doesn’t happen often but enough times to make me wonder. My daughter never moved as much as baby boy is and I never Experienced these “shaking/shivering” movements from her either. 

Re: Baby shaking movement

• Options
    Probably hiccups.  I know I didn't feel DD as much as I do DS.  That has a lot.to do with where my placenta was at with her compared to where it is with him.  But those shaking/shivering are probably just hiccups.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I have been feeling these for a month or so now. Every so often. Feels like a shiver or shaking. I read it could be then getting out of an uncomfortable position. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the same thing, it's different than hiccups. I think they are moving around a lot and kind of running out of space. They're paddling their feet and hands, could be either or both.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Nervous spasms. As baby's nervous system is still developing, some experts suggest that babies have completely normal spasms in theuterus as part of their development. Moving the cord. Another theory is that babies sometimes get the cord wrapped around their hand or foot and the movement is them shaking it off.

I had to Google this the other day! I don't remember it happening when I was pregnant with my other two. The thought of them shaking their little foot or hand to remove the cord was cute!!!
  • Options
    I asked my doctor about this, about a month ago. I felt like I was having baby earthquakes, literally. He said that it is something that is commonly reported. Nobody is quite sure what it is, but it’s normal. Could be stretching or practice crying, or just nervous system developing. Anyway, apparently it’s normal. My baby does it a lot. She is kind of a spaz if you ask me!
  • Options
    Totally just giggles at the thought of them waving it off like "what the heck is this nonsense" lol. 
    midnight-muse said:
    Nervous spasms. As baby's nervous system is still developing, some experts suggest that babies have completely normal spasms in theuterus as part of their development. Moving the cord. Another theory is that babies sometimes get the cord wrapped around their hand or foot and the movement is them shaking it off.

I had to Google this the other day! I don't remember it happening when I was pregnant with my other two. The thought of them shaking their little foot or hand to remove the cord was cute!!!