September 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 3/28

How's your Wednesday? Well That's Funny?  Wow That's Fantastic? Or straight up What The F*ck!?

Re: WTF Wednesday 3/28

• Options
    @stotih Lol, that's freaking hilarious! My husband complains about my names, but offers none at all, so...I laugh at him, but he didn't suggest we name any babies after our dogs!

Granted, he offered no suggestions for the dog's name either.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stothi Oh, men... LOL!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @stothi That is fucking hilarious!

@pourmeamocktail OMG! ::shudders:: If you keep reading, let us know what other ridiculous things it says! Because yes, "mind over matter to a point".
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail OMG that's ridiculous. I think you can get charged with wrongful negligence and/or manslaughter if you encourage ill people to not seek medical attention. I don't know if the author would fall under that or if it's covered by freedom of speech. Do we have any criminal lawyers here?
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    starla said:
    @pourmeamocktail OMG that's ridiculous. I think you can get charged with wrongful negligence and/or manslaughter if you encourage ill people to not seek medical attention. I don't know if the author would fall under that or if it's covered by freedom of speech. Do we have any criminal lawyers here?
    Pretty sure the butt got covered, in the same paragraph it states (my paraphrase) "I wouldn't ever suggest not seeing a professional for your problems." Which I'm pretty sure is just to ass-cover against that type of lawsuit, because it's only two sentences before stating that her beliefs weren't strong enough to heal her. Author got just enough legal help to publish I'm guessing. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Day 3 of our renovation and first major problem. Ugh! The floor joists are right directly in the middle of where we were moving the central a/c ducts to. There are some options, but the good ones all take extra time/money, and nothing is a definite yet. Hopefully tomorrow brings some answers! 
  • Options
    @spottedginger sounds like a good time tonight! I'd be totally hangry and mad if I got there early and couldn't drink a glass of wine too. 

@MandyMost ugh that stinks, while home renos are exciting they're also very stressful. I hope you figure out what you want to do ASAP! A memory just showed up on my timeline from 3 years ago when we were doing kitchen renovations, bittersweet!
  • Options
    My WTF... certain pediatric patients parents again. My office has received a referral for a sibling to a patient who was referred and scheduled earlier this year and the mom never called to cancel or reschedule and never showed up to the appointment. This same mom did the exact same thing last year with the other sibling, and now I don't know WTF to say to her when she will inevitably want to schedule both of her kids and will likely never show up to these appointments...
  • Options
    @MandyMost renovations almost always come with some WTF moments. Ugh, sorry to hear. We've been in our perfectly good house for almost 3 years and my boyfriend has always had at least one room 'under construction' since our THIRD day after moving in. I love what he's done with it, but I'm done with the chaos!

Our downstairs bathroom should be done in the next day or two, after a year of stalled construction and after redesigning it twice due to Home Depot not having what we want in stock. In the last month I've easily walked 2 or 3 miles just figuring out what flooring works with which paint and vanity, and so on and so forth. I was about to scream when he mentioned tile. Once it's done we can get furniture moved and start working on what will be the nursery and get the stockpile I've started out of our bedroom!
  • Options
    Thanks all! This is our first “real” renovation ever. I’ll feel better once all the major things are worked out and walls are closed up! Our master bedroom was huge, so we’re putting in a master bath and closets, leaving us with a Pretty standard sized bedroom. The complication is the location of the a/c ducts, basically in the middle of the to-be-bathroom.